beach near tender pier in grand cayman

firstcruiser06

Hi,

We are traveling the first week in March and have an excursion to do in the morning. Are there any beaches close to the tender pier. We are not looking for an all day beach as this would only be for a short time in the afternoon. How much are the chairs, taxis, etc. Heard the shopping is expensive so we wont be spending much time doing that.

Thanks, M.A.

On our way back from swimming with the stingrays, we asked the busdriver for a good place to go on Seven Mile Beach. He dropped us off at Royal Palms. What a deal! FREE admission, great view of the most beautiful beach in the world, good bar, good and reasonably priced food, clean restrooms and tons of taxis waiting when you're ready to get back to the cruise ship. I highly recommend! About $5.00 cab fare from pier p/p.

Hi,

Sorry to take so long to reply, I dont go online on the weekend. The state of Rhode Island is actually named State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. We are called the Ocean State because anywhere in the State you are only about 30 minutes from the ocean, we are surrounded by the ocean with many small islands. The Island that has "Newport" on it was named Rhode Island but is now called Aquidneck Island. The italian explorer Varrazano thought that Block Island looked like the Isle of Rhodes in the Mediterrean but someone else thought he was talking about Aquidneck Island so that is where the name Rhode Island came from.

Thanks again for your post, I appreciate it.

M.A.

Hi,

Sorry to take so long to reply, I dont go online on the weekend. The state of Rhode Island is actually named State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. We are called the Ocean State because anywhere in the State you are only about 30 minutes from the ocean, we are surrounded by the ocean with many small islands. The Island that has "Newport" on it was named Rhode Island but is now called Aquidneck Island. The italian explorer Varrazano thought that Block Island looked like the Isle of Rhodes in the Mediterrean but someone else thought he was talking about Aquidneck Island so that is where the name Rhode Island came from.

Thanks again for your post, I appreciate it.

M.A.

And now I know....thanks

I have been trying to decide between 7 mile beach (purchase through the cruise) or just go on our own to Royal Palms. Royal Palms sounds great for the price (free)!! Are there things for the kids to do there (15 and 11 year old)? Snorkeling, jet ski's parasail etc available?

I have been trying to decide between 7 mile beach (purchase through the cruise) or just go on our own to Royal Palms. Royal Palms sounds great for the price (free)!! Are there things for the kids to do there (15 and 11 year old)? Snorkeling, jet ski's parasail etc available?

Royal Palms is a section of Seven Mile Beach. The section the cruise line is likely headed to is Sea Grape (just my guess) which is just a little further down the beach and is virtually identical to the Royal Palms section. There are watersports rentals, chair/umbrella rentals, washrooms, showers, restaurant/bar, etc. at both locations. Neither is particularly great for snorkeling, since the reef is pretty far out in that area.

bobkat - Reef Grill/Royal Palms has everything that you are looking for. I did post all of their prices on this site awhile back - if you do a search of my posts you should find it. I would post again but I do not have them handy.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Archived