Adjoining Cabin Noise

bobbyd6363

I have booked cabin 6146 on the Celebrity Constellation 13 Nov 09 and since it is an adjoining cabin I was wondering about the noise coming through that adjoining door. I have never had an adjoining cabin on a cruise but I have had adjoining hotel rooms. I have had experience with noise coming through hotel adjoining room doors but was wondering what experiences folks have had and whether I should change cabins now while they are sill available.

Richard - funny you should mention adjoining hotel room in Vegas! We were just there for New Years at the Mandalay Bay and had an adjoining room and the noise from the neighbor's room was just too much. I know its Vegas and you aren't supposed to sleep etc but it was too loud. THAT is what got me wondering about the adjoining cruise room.

Richard - funny you should mention adjoining hotel room in Vegas! We were just there for New Years at the Mandalay Bay and had an adjoining room and the noise from the neighbor's room was just too much. I know its Vegas and you aren't supposed to sleep etc but it was too loud. THAT is what got me wondering about the adjoining cruise room.

In the NYNY ours was a couple that had a healthy s3x life in the early hours of the morning. After them we got a business man who was up a 6am.

Since we also had bad experiences with hotels rooms in the past, NEVER again an adjoining room or cabin to us!

Remember on a cruise they will be next to you the whole sailing!!!

On our last sailing on the Summit, we had a lovely couple next to us.

We heard every fight and argument.. including such wonderful screamed phrases like "How am I going to wear my formal dress with all of these bruises?"

Oh.. and lets not forget the time she locked the husband on the verandah for several hours. (not sure how she did that one!)

They were so loud that security was often found outside in the hallway..

You never know what you will get!

On Summit, we were in CC and the only thing we heard from our neighbors was the occasional TV noise--we could have stuffed a towel along the door but I bet our TV bothered them a whole lot more--especially since I kept it on till 3AM the night of the election! We were pretty fortunate.

cp

I have booked cabin 6146 on the Celebrity Constellation 13 Nov 09 and since it is an adjoining cabin I was wondering about the noise coming through that adjoining door. I have never had an adjoining cabin on a cruise but I have had adjoining hotel rooms. I have had experience with noise coming through hotel adjoining room doors but was wondering what experiences folks have had and whether I should change cabins now while they are sill available.

We were in cabin 8092 on Connie in November. It's an adjoining cabin and yes, we did hear noise from the next cabin. Next time I book a cruise I'll make sure that we don't get an adjoining cabin.

carry a tupe of caulking and some duct tape------

will seal up your problem just fine :D:D;);)

I agree.I've often had complaints from neighbors because of my wife's loud cries of ecstasy,so now I cover her mouth with duct tape.

Ok so I have Sky Suite 6146 on the Constellation. This cabin is supposed to be fantastic and from the pictures it looks great. Its just that I cant shake the feeling that in the cabin which is an adjoining one to the Presidential Suite that I am going to have the same troubles I have always had with adjoining hotel rooms.

Should I get a non-adjoining cabin and lose this great SS category cabin?

Ok so I have Sky Suite 6146 on the Constellation. This cabin is supposed to be fantastic and from the pictures it looks great. Its just that I cant shake the feeling that in the cabin which is an adjoining one to the Presidential Suite that I am going to have the same troubles I have always had with adjoining hotel rooms.

Should I get a non-adjoining cabin and lose this great SS category cabin?

Ok, so... you're the only one capable of judging whether or not you're comfortable with the possibility of noise from 'the others.'

I wouldn't give up a Sky Suite unless I could move to another one. However, I've never sailed the Connie - and you seem to be anticipating problems. Personally, I've found that when I anticipate issues I don't know yet to really exist, my imagination does a pretty good job of creating them for me - so voila, they're real. i.e., if I was as worried as you seem to be about it, I would likely hear phantom noises through the door whether they were there or not :).

"It's not paranoia if you're right..."

So - no one can decide for you.

Ok, so... you're the only one capable of judging whether or not you're comfortable with the possibility of noise from 'the others.'

I wouldn't give up a Sky Suite unless I could move to another one. However, I've never sailed the Connie - and you seem to be anticipating problems. Personally, I've found that when I anticipate issues I don't know yet to really exist, my imagination does a pretty good job of creating them for me - so voila, they're real. i.e., if I was as worried as you seem to be about it, I would likely hear phantom noises through the door whether they were there or not :).

"It's not paranoia if you're right..."

So - no one can decide for you.

Well I guess if I can handle the voices in my head I can handle voices coming through that adjoining door. :eek::D

I've had the CC that adjoins one of the royal suites just down the hall, and had no problem.

I've also been in that stateroom (6145, actually), and it is lovely...bigger than a standard Sky Suite, with a bigger verandah, and with a more formal decor, to match the Penthouse. The only complaint I heard was that the closet space was less, as it was meant to be an optional second bedroom to the Penthouse suite.

There's also the possibility that you'll befriend the residents of the PH, and get invited to their parties!

But, with any room, connecting or not, it's the luck of the draw as to who your neighbors are. Walls are thin-ish, so the door doesn't seem to make that much difference.

Andrew

We were on the Connie over Christmas/New Year. We had adjoining cabins 8126 and 8128. Our sons (18 and 21) were in one; we were in the other. We had the door unlocked between the cabins. But we shut the door at night (they stayed out later than we did). I never heard them come in at night and only once did I hear my son laughing at some show he was watching late at night. (he did wake me up that time). I can't say that I noticed any noise. I did, however, hear a lot of noise from the hall on New Year's eve. there seemed to be a few people running up and down the hall ways.

I don't know about any other ship but I do know that on the Constellation , if you have a cabin that has an adjoining door you can hear everything going on in the next room. If you can change it you absolutely should. I tell you this from experience.

Archived