Swim Diapers

AgVball

This is more of a "new mom" question than a cruise question.

I will have two 10.5 month old girls on RCCL. I know they won't be able to get in the pool. We will bring at least one blow up tub (maybe two)...and we MAY try to go to a beach.

With all that said, I need to order some swim diapers - but I'm not sure if I should get the plastic reusable ones or just the disposable ones. Do both fit ok under their cute little bathing suits? Do you wear a bottom over a reusable one (they seem to have their own designs.)

This is more of a "new mom" question than a cruise question.

I will have two 10.5 month old girls on RCCL. I know they won't be able to get in the pool. We will bring at least one blow up tub (maybe two)...and we MAY try to go to a beach.

With all that said, I need to order some swim diapers - but I'm not sure if I should get the plastic reusable ones or just the disposable ones. Do both fit ok under their cute little bathing suits? Do you wear a bottom over a reusable one (they seem to have their own designs.)

I have both and MUCH prefer disposable while traveling! No rinsing out, ringing out, hanging up, cluttering up, re-packing, etc....just pitch them in the trash and be done with it!

Disposables are fairly thin so they will fit under bathing suits. My daughter has all two piece swim sets (swim shirt & shorts) so I don't bother with bottoms when she uses her re-useable ones...but it would fit if she did.

Yeah--use disposables! At the beach, it really won't matter. In your own "blow-up" pool, it doesn't matter, really, either!

(I just can't figure out where you empty that water!!!)

Oh come on CB, you've been here long enough to see this discussion and where the pools are dumped. ;)

AgVBall - if there was ever any question, the pools can be dumped in a few different places...look for a shower drain on the pool deck, a janitor's closet with a sink or ask a crew member if there is a drain nearby.

It only takes a few buckets...we aren't talking alot of water. :)

• 1 month later...

Just keep in mind that swim diapers (the disposible ones anyway) don't really hold urine in them, they're really just to keep poop from getting into the pool. I made the mistake of putting one on my daughter when she was little and then putting her in her car seat on our way to the spray park. When I got her out she was completely soaked and so was her car seat! I don't know what I was thinking!

My son is two and we usually swim 2-3 times per week. Somehow we have been very luck and he has never gone #2 in the pool. However, at our swimming club they require all non potty trained kids to wear the reuseable diapers because they keep 'the matter' out of the pool. I have seen the damage done when someone doesn't follow the rules and uses a disposable.

That said, I wouldn't want to have a dirty reusable on a cruise ship. If I did get one while on board, I would toss it in the garbage. Only you know the likelyhood of your kids going #2 during swim time.

However, at our swimming club they require all non potty trained kids to wear the reuseable diapers because they keep 'the matter' out of the pool. I have seen the damage done when someone doesn't follow the rules and uses a disposable.

The PPs are talking about disposable swimming diapers versus reusable, washable kinds. I can only imagine how yucky regular disposable diapers become when used in the water. :eek:

Archived