Walking to terminal in New Orleans???

kingmankruiser

We're staying at the Hilton Riverwalk, can we actually walk to the terminal or isn't that possible??? How many blocks would it be?? I'm totally unacquainted with the New Orleans area

Also can we walk to the French Quarter and is there a good breakfast in the area

We're staying at the Hilton Riverwalk, can we actually walk to the terminal or isn't that possible??? How many blocks would it be?? I'm totally unacquainted with the New Orleans area

Also can we walk to the French Quarter and is there a good breakfast in the area

Yes, you can walk to the terminal, not sure they allow it, but you can. I know you can see the Ship from the Riverwalk, so I think it is about 3 blocks. The Streetcar may also pass in front of the Erato St Terminal. Never took it pass the Riverwalk.

You can also walk to the French Quarter, and it is a walk all the way to the beginging of the Market, or take the street car, ($1.25 exact change, or you can by a one day pass for $5.00 I think), which picks you up in front of the Riverwalk. For breakfast, inside the Riverwalk is a substation of Cafe Du Monde, best beinges and coffee.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

An easy walk, if you don't have a ton of stuff to carry.

On the river side of the Hilton there is a stairway that leads into the Riverwalk Marketplace. At the bottom of the stairs, take a right and go all the way to the end. On the left is a set of double doors that lead to a covered walkway (you will be able to see the ship). Follow the walkway to the end, go down the stairs, and you will be at the terminal. About a ten minute walk.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a good bit of luggage and are not in great shape, spend a few dollars and take a taxi. I would not consider trying to lug luggage that far. Not that far but a difficult walk with bags.

Ask for a room on the river side of the hotel when you check in so that you can watch the traffic on the river.

MexicoBob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a easy walk down the Riverwalk. You can also go on the trolley which goes from the French Quarter, Garden District and to the Riverwalk if you want to see some of NO. The trolley is 50c or you can buy a daypass. For breakfast go to Mothers.

• 3 weeks later...

We flew into New Orleans and cabbed directly to the cruise dock only to drop off/check in our luggage with the ship. Prior to that cruise, I'd asked here about walking from the berth to the French Quarter and was told by many that it was not a safe walk, and that it was a little far too walk.

Well, neither was true! Once you ditch your luggage, you can walk and we never felt unsafe. I'm not sure what the warning was based on, perhaps a "pre-hurricane" situation that was remedied with rebuilding.

We did try to catch the trolley (just for fun) and somehow we just never connected. Our meandering trip back to the ship took us through the Riverwalk and from there we just kept heading toward the ship!

Enjoy getting lost (temporarily) in NOLA!!

• 3 months later...
We flew into New Orleans and cabbed directly to the cruise dock only to drop off/check in our luggage with the ship. Prior to that cruise, I'd asked here about walking from the berth to the French Quarter and was told by many that it was not a safe walk, and that it was a little far too walk.

Well, neither was true! Once you ditch your luggage, you can walk and we never felt unsafe. I'm not sure what the warning was based on, perhaps a "pre-hurricane" situation that was remedied with rebuilding.

We did try to catch the trolley (just for fun) and somehow we just never connected. Our meandering trip back to the ship took us through the Riverwalk and from there we just kept heading toward the ship!

Enjoy getting lost (temporarily) in NOLA!!

HI I HAVE READ ABOUT YOUR TOUR YOU BOOKED WITH HAL ( ON A EARLIER CRUISE IN BARBADOS 5 STAR CATAMARAN AND TURTLE SWIM WE JUST BOOKED THE SAME TOUR FOR OUR UPCOMING CRUISE CAN YOU TELL ME A BIT MORE ABOUT IT PLEASE I KNOW THAT THEY ERVE A NICE LUNCH ND SOME DRINKS BUFFET IS IT LA YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK FOR THE AFTER NOON AND DO THEY PROVIDE THE MASKS ND SNORKEL EQUIPMENT FOR EVERYONE FREE OR IS THERE A EXTRA CHARGE

HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON I REALLY APREATION MORE INFO REGARDING THIS TOUR WE BOOKED IT BECAUSE OUR 9 YEAR OLD GIRLS IS DREAMING OF SWIMMING WITH TURTLE SHE WILL ACTUALLY TURN 10 YEARS On THE DAY WE WILL BE IN BARBADOS SO WE BOOKED THE TOUR FUR LA OF US I JUST WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE DETAILS SINCE WE HAD NEVER BEEN ON A CATAMARAN AND DON’T KNOW WAHT TO EXPECTS LIKE WHERE YOU SIT AND EAT AND IS THERE A BATHROOM ? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

HI I HAVE READ ABOUT YOUR TOUR YOU BOOKED WITH HAL ( ON A EARLIER CRUISE IN BARBADOS 5 STAR CATAMARAN AND TURTLE SWIM WE JUST BOOKED THE SAME TOUR FOR OUR UPCOMING CRUISE CAN YOU TELL ME A BIT MORE ABOUT IT PLEASE I KNOW THAT THEY ERVE A NICE LUNCH ND SOME DRINKS BUFFET IS IT LA YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK FOR THE AFTER NOON AND DO THEY PROVIDE THE MASKS ND SNORKEL EQUIPMENT FOR EVERYONE FREE OR IS THERE A EXTRA CHARGE

HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON I REALLY APREATION MORE INFO REGARDING THIS TOUR WE BOOKED IT BECAUSE OUR 9 YEAR OLD GIRLS IS DREAMING OF SWIMMING WITH TURTLE SHE WILL ACTUALLY TURN 10 YEARS On THE DAY WE WILL BE IN BARBADOS SO WE BOOKED THE TOUR FUR LA OF US I JUST WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE DETAILS SINCE WE HAD NEVER BEEN ON A CATAMARAN AND DON’T KNOW WAHT TO EXPECTS LIKE WHERE YOU SIT AND EAT AND IS THERE A BATHROOM ? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Howdy honey-bunny! 50.gif

Just thought you should know that Ballwin Babe has not posted on any of the Cruise Critic message boards since May 26, 2009.

Since your post is off-topic for this thread & forum, I suggest you click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124 and research the Ports of Call - Barbados Forum.

Also, a friendly reminder 05.gif concerning the following information from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership:

ALL CAPS

Typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considering shouting by many, so please double check your caps lock key before posting.

I sincerely hope you are able to find the information you seek and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

I got your message and have been on vacation in CA, but I do intend to respond. We love Tiami Cat sails and would be happy to share our experiences with you!

Honey Bunny: why don't you send me an email (if that's possible) and I'd be happy to respond.

I got your message and have been on vacation in CA, but I do intend to respond. We love Tiami Cat sails and would be happy to share our experiences with you!

Honey Bunny: why don't you send me an email (if that's possible) and I'd be happy to respond.

Thank you so much for trying to help me out with that I am sorry about the capital letters I did not mean to offend anyone I am still trying to figure out how to type on my new lap top that my dh gave me the buttons are so small I was not used it sorry if I offended someone please send me any info regarding catamaran tour you took in Barbados with hal I will greatly appreciate it that is the tour I booked with my dh and our 9 year old please send me any info you can share by email

To Helen spot @ yahoo . ca

Thank you very much from trying to help

Helen

Archived