Best tip used?

TERMITEJR

The time will auto update with your timezone...you won't be on ships time.

Actually, the time will update to local time zone only if you connect to the local network. If you follow the advice many here give about putting your phone in 'Airplane' mode (disconnecting from the network) to avoid roaming charges, and leave it in Airplane mode while in port, it will stay on the time zone of your last connected network (or time you set manually).

After spending so much time looking for our luggage in the terminal cruise after the cruise... I purchased white fabric paint and a star stencil, painted our navy blue suitcases with white stars.

You can't miss them, or me now....:)

In additon, we were told, first sign of flu or illness, salt and pepper comes off the tables as these are the most used items. If you hear a lot of people are not well, get salt and pepper shakers from room service, clean them and keep them with you. And menu's, wash your hands after placing your order, 200 other guests may have held that menu....you may not want what they have...lol

Sore throat meds. One cruise I developed a raspy throat and I ended up with ice cream and ice water to soothe it.

Baggies for cookies for bedtime snacks. I order a plate from RS first night and bag up the rest for the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We always fill our small wheeled suitcase with a case of water, 6 packs of mini cans of pineapple juice and OJ and bottles of wine. When we pack for our return home we fill it back up with the booze that we purchased. When our bar at home runs empty, it's time to take another cruise!!

I always put something festive on our door. It makes it a breeze to find our room.

I take Visine as I have yet to be on a cruise that I didn't have blood shot eyes the whole time. The salty air just dries them out.

I always pack 1-2 $2.00 cheapie rafts. We taxi it to local beaches and I prefer to use my clean raft rather than pay 10-20 bucks for a greasy one to use for the day.

We take a waterproof plastic coin purse that my DH can attach inside his pocket that holds our cash, IDs and credit cards while we are in the water.

We always pack our large insulated mugs so we can make our own drinks in the room.

We pack our own beach towels so we can identify our chairs on deck. I use some large flamingo clip-holders to hold them to the chair and they don't blow off in the wind.

We pack croakies for our sunglasses so we don't lose them zip lining, riding the bananas, wave runners etc.

A good attitude. Don't leave home without it. It will make your cruise or break it. And hey... there's just no such thing as a bad cruise.

Someone stated there are "public phones "to use to call your cabin to see if someone is there instead of walking all the way back ? Really? :mad: I didnt know that and about wore myself out walking back and forth trying to find some one in our party to hang with! We used a white erase board to communicate with but would have loved a better way to communicate with every one!:confused: What does every one else do?

From ddcile5

So as a newbie here and going on my first time cruise I've learned a lot over the last few months simply by lurking.. First off, my best friend works for Disney Cruise Line and she had a ton of hints for when we go on our first cruise next month but even SHE didn't know about the shoe rack and she commented how great an idea that was. Here are a few things I'm taking next month that I never would have thought of!

Shoe rack

power strip

watches!

Motion sickness pills and sea bands (we don't know if we'll be sick)

Post it notes

Ziploc bags

Pepto

Febreze

And of course, I'm sure my list will continue between now and then. So happy I found this site!

Oh did I mention I have $500 in OBC thanks to someone posting about checking the rates and submitting the form?

This here momma is Happy, Happy, Happy!

moms dumplin we take Bonine and start two nights before the cruise. We take at night so any side effects won't bother us, one being making you sleepy. We have never been sick. Also if you feel queasy, drink apple juice or eat a apple. Have fun...:)

Pedialyte or gatoraid packs I alway packed them just in case sone one had a little to much to drink the night before... But my poor hubby ended up with NURO and they were a life saver. I was so thankful I had some to give him to keep him hydrated.

Well, I always have at leat two flights before I manage to even see the ship. My luggage has to be under 20Kg which in cruise terms is "travelling light", yeah!

so - the first thing I always do is try to make as many friends as I can, so things like painkillers, bandaid etc can be borrowed!!

My "hint" for you all. Write your cabin number in nice big numbers and take a photo of it - as the first photo on the card. That way if you leave your camera in a lounge or something it will find its way back to you!

For the smokers, bring a travel ashtray to keep on the balcony. It's the kind you can fit into your drink holder in a car. Make sure it has a top. This prevents ashes from blowing around. Most tobacco shops have them.

Great tips, thanks

We always fill our small wheeled suitcase with a case of water, 6 packs of mini cans of pineapple juice and OJ and bottles of wine. When we pack for our return home we fill it back up with the booze that we purchased. When our bar at home runs empty, it's time to take another cruise!!

I always put something festive on our door. It makes it a breeze to find our room.

I take Visine as I have yet to be on a cruise that I didn't have blood shot eyes the whole time. The salty air just dries them out.

I always pack 1-2 $2.00 cheapie rafts. We taxi it to local beaches and I prefer to use my clean raft rather than pay 10-20 bucks for a greasy one to use for the day.

We take a waterproof plastic coin purse that my DH can attach inside his pocket that holds our cash, IDs and credit cards while we are in the water.

We always pack our large insulated mugs so we can make our own drinks in the room.

We pack our own beach towels so we can identify our chairs on deck. I use some large flamingo clip-holders to hold them to the chair and they don't blow off in the wind.

We pack croakies for our sunglasses so we don't lose them zip lining, riding the bananas, wave runners etc.

A good attitude. Don't leave home without it. It will make your cruise or break it. And hey... there's just no such thing as a bad cruise.

I normally bring along a dry erase marker and write on the mirror in the room. Great for keeping track of room #'s for calling if you have other friends/family on board as well as leaving messages for room steward or others in the cabin. I tried the little white dry erase board with magnets before but the magnets were not strong enough to stick to the walls, so just use the mirror now.

Here's a few things that we found useful that I didn't see posted on here:

Floss picks - I was able to pick up a bag of individually wrapped floss picks at Dollar Tree. Each day I put about 5 of them in the little purse that I carried around the ship with me. DH gets a bit crazy if he feels like something is in his teeth, so they came in very handy. He could just go to the closest restroom instead of our cabin. Also useful when he needed them in ports.

FOR THE LADIES ONLY ( Guys, read at your own risk :p ) Colored doggie doo bags - Strange, I know... but very useful. Since you can't flush anything except toilet paper, you have to toss everything else into the little wall-mounted garbage can. The small disposal bags that are provided are made of a thin paper. I could not imagine our male room steward emptying a garbage can full of unsealed absorbent paper baggies. Instead I brought along a roll of dark colored plastic doggie doo bags. Very concealing and not quite as embarrassing when disposing of "stuff".

Diurex (OTC water pills) - Start taking a couple days after cruise begins to avoid swollen legs and feet.

Tip: Once A Day Bonine can be taken twice a day. I started out taking it once in the morning, but by 9pm I would begin to feel queasy. After the 2nd day like that, I started taking one at breakfast and another at dinner and had no more problems.

Archived