Ship staff doing your laundry

cruznlobo

Has any one used this service?

Either as a Platinum Cruiser or the bag of laundry deal?

What did you think of the quality...was it clean and neatly folded?

Have had it done on just about each of our cruises and have always been very pleased with the results. We usually wait until the special which is $15 for a bag full.

Has any one used this service?

Either as a Platinum Cruiser or the bag of laundry deal?

What did you think of the quality...was it clean and neatly folded?

There already is a thread currently going on this subject.

Our experience on the Freedom was very bad. Either they didn't use detergent, never even washed it and just folded it back up in the bag or just rinsed them and didn't wash them!

I realize many people have wonderful experiences with the laundry service, we did not. Just sayin'

And no I chose not to confront the steward about the issue, I don't need to waste precious cruise time on things like this. I didn't expect much anyway from the service, especially when they give such a big discount. They have to save somewhere, don't they? Probably on detergent!:confused:

We used it on the Destiny. Everything came back stuffed in another bag. Looked like they were folded before they were completely dry so they were badly wrinkled. I also think they used hot water and industrial detergent - some bright colored tshirts came back faded. I wouldn't do it again unless I was desperate.

I used to spend part of a sea day doing laundry. Figured I spent about $6 just on 2 loads and 2 hours getting them done. (1 colored, 1white). Then we tried the laundry special. We washed socks, undies, white shorts and Tshirts. They were nice and clean and neat enough for me to wear again on a cruise. I figure my time is worth more than $4.50 hr.

I did the laundry service on the Spirit this month...if memory serves we got a bag about midway through the trip. I put in six t-shirts, got back six t-shirts nicely folded and washed. I'd use this service again, to me it was a time-saver.

Archived