arranging meet and greet

bandmp

The contact depends on the ship. I've arrange a couple of Meet & Greets. They've always been very receptive and things have worked out great on the ships for our gatherings. I've given them a desired time and location for us to meet. They've always approved and provided a waitress, bartender, and dry snacks.

Nan

Here is the most recent list of meeting/event contact people I have for all Princess ships:

Berda Davis

Star, Tahitian,

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

stieman@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Island, Coral, Ruby

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com

We have had good experiences with getting Princess help to set up meet & greets.

Be aware that they will not set one up unless your group is 16 or more. If you have a small group, it's pretty easy to pick a time and place on your own.

Generally they don't provide beverages or snacks. We try to ask for a place where there will be an open bar available. On our Hawaii cruise last year we had over 50 in our group on the Diamond Princess, and they set us up to meet in Skywalkers in the early afternoon, and had a bartender working the bar (which usually is not open at that time of day).

They do determine where there will be available space for the day and time you want to have your get together.

On our Princess cruise last Jan we had mixed reception from Princess. We first did an informal MandG on the day of embarkation. It was great. The next day we did the formal one, it was good also except we didn't get any snacks, we had the skywalk bar reserved, in writing for 1 hour, but were asked to leave after 45 min because there was a wedding being set up. I totally understand that part and yet, I think they could have given us a location that would not have required us to leave..It certainly wasn't a big issue. One more thing, HAL and NCL try to have a couple of staff members at the formal MandG, NCL always has several, Princess didn't. I think the informal ones really work just as well unless you can be assured of staff members.

Nita

Billet should know. He's very good at arranging meet and greets. He has an amazing list of contacts. Right Paul?

Linda

We meet again. How are you! Did you see I had to cancel the QM2 South America because the brazilian embassy could not process a visa in under 15 days :mad:.

I see we are both have jaunts booked again already.

I deny all knowledge about contacts but I might just know a couple of people!

Paul -Yes, I saw your message regarding the visa, I watched the QM2 sail last evening - she was 1 1/2 hrs. late leaving. This Canadian winter got to me and I'm leaving town next month for a break. And I have contacted Princess and our M&G is set up for our CC group with a hometown gift exchange like we did on QM2.

Linda

Paul -Yes, I saw your message regarding the visa, I watched the QM2 sail last evening - she was 1 1/2 hrs. late leaving. This Canadian winter got to me and I'm leaving town next month for a break. And I have contacted Princess and our M&G is set up for our CC group with a hometown gift exchange like we did on QM2.

Linda

She probably sailed late because they had to process all those passengers who failed to get visas on time. I gather now that a brazilian embassy rep has been called in the past to come down and for a small fortune provide the visas. Darn, if only i had known...

Archived