what do you think

debs2028

I have booked through a TA here in the uk. Have been reading this forum and asking advice and further to this decided to prepay my gratuities and try my time dining, rang my TA today thinking it would be easily done....my ta has just rung back saying that RC will not do this for me as they (the travel agents) booked on a group rate so I cannot change the way I want to pay my tips etc. The only way is too cancel my cabin and rebook, my ta does not want to do this because the ship has no more 4 birth cabins and there is a possibility I could lose cabin.

What do people think I was never informed that I was on a group booking and don't really understand why I can't be treated the same as everyone else

My TA is going to get back in touch with them but just wondered what you all thought and whether anyone else had come across this before

Thanks for advice:(

I don't have an immediate solution to your problem though I'm sure other CCers may have..... I do know that it IS possible to add the gratuities post initial booking as I have done this myself through my TA. Bearing in mind the exchange rate I can sympathise with your predicament. I don't really understand myself why being part of a group booking should exclude you from prepaying.

It may very well be possible for you to pay them once boarded. Certainly that option was available on our previous cruise.

yep might be able to do that...would it be in pounds or dollars though..,.I also wanted to do my time dining and I have to pre pay to do this and I am concerned that as my cruise is busy this will already be full!!!!

There is another thread I just read and a poster talked about being booked through a TA and the gratuities being taken out. Maybe with a group booking it has to be an "all or none"? Just thinking out loud...... :o

NOOO don't cancel anything since this will cost you more money than the whole effort is worth!!!!

When you get to the ship go to the dining room (on embarkation days the MD will have a spot somewhere where he is doing changes anyway) Go ask to change - now since you have to pre pay thoses tips I believe they have you sign a charge slip much like if you were purchasing something at a bar or shop for those gratuities... on the whole not a big deal

Your TA obviously has a group booking and is holding space at a good rate however those multi berthed cabins are a problem. So don't cancel because you might well loose the cabin due to a waitlist.

Thanks everyone, I am going to fight this one as I also am a bit annoyed at my TA who never informed me I was on a group booking or that there would be any restrictions:confused:

Make sure that you tell your TA that you expect all the possible benefits that come from being part of the group i.e. reduced fare, OBC etc.

Archived