Winter Conquest Bahama ??

vettecruiser1

We have done many Jan/Feb cruises and now how the weather is going to South.

What I was wondering was anybody that had done the Eastern Conquest during Dec/Jan/Feb and what the weather was like coming and going. Also how were the seas, I know cold fronts can bring some pretty rough seas to the gulf.

Just looking for people who have already done this route, we have gone to the bahamas before and I know the weather can be hit or miss.

I used to live in south Florida and have spent alot of time on Grand Bahama island. While the weather is usually very pleasant during the day, cold fronts do occasionally push through Florida and the Bahamas. Though rare, overnight temperatures near freezing do happen during the winter.

I used to live in south Florida and have spent alot of time on Grand Bahama island. While the weather is usually very pleasant during the day, cold fronts do occasionally push through Florida and the Bahamas. Though rare, overnight temperatures near freezing do happen during the winter.

I lived for over 13 years either on the beach or near the intercoast in Boca, and inland it might be colder, but near the water, the water warms the land. I lived with my slider open to the ocean year round with very few exceptions, because of the temps of the ocean.

Bahamas doesnt get as cold as Florida, to me, even though yes it is directly across from Florida, because it is surrounded by water. Same thing when I used to live in Hawaii, it never got that cold because the ocean kept the temps up, unless you lived higher up.

I said "though rare", you said "with very few exceptions".

Why are you splitting hairs? Are you a stalker?

Yea, I'm stalking you. Opps, just saw this post to me though, must not have been on the job.

I was talking daytime temps in the 50s as being "cool", since the ships are there only during the day, not at night. OP I wouldnt expect it to be rougher than Western. If you usually cruise this time of year, go and enjoy.

most of the cruise's to the bahamas have been out of florida. starting next november will be the first to leave out of galveston and new orleans. i am curious myself how it will go. crossing the gulf could be rough. winds have been higher than normal this year. we are going on the eastern caribbean out of new orleans dec. 12th. we originally booked galveston. i know we had some really high wind for the western caribbean for the first week of december this year.

Archived