Are there any theme cruises for 2010 yet?

ssatterly

So you would be interested in a cruise for any group?

I'm sure there are several religious cruises already planned. You may want to convert beforehand though, getting baptized from the back of a cruise ship might be something to talk about, but I doubt it would be fun!

Seriously though, you really have to have an interest in the subject of the group cruise to make it a group cruise. Going with someone else's family reunion might be considered being part of a group cruise, but if you don't know anyone in the family I doubt they will include you in their activities. Assuming you would even want to be included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I heard on the radio today that a cruise with the movie Twilight as a theme was scheduled for 2010. No details were given. It was on Ryan Seacrest's show

HAL Oosterdam August 8 - 15, 2010 Alaska RT from Seattle with pre-cruise tour to Forks, WA.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a Country Western theme cruise in Feb of 2010. Problem is I din't remember what line, only it was a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise featurung thr Ballamy Brothers. There must be more though, good luck....

I would really LOVe to book one the see what its like. On Rccl perferably.

I was amazed/shocked (not implying negative) to see that RCCL has a "Lifestyle" cruise (full ship takeover of the Radiance) for latter 2010.

As Mr. Spock would say: "Fascinating."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was amazed/shocked (not implying negative) to see that RCCL has a "Lifestyle" cruise (full ship takeover of the Radiance) for latter 2010.

As Mr. Spock would say: "Fascinating."

The one for 2010 is totally booked. The 2011 is about 33% booked.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a theme cruise sailing out of Port Canaveral in April of 2010 on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. The theme is "Nuthin But Doo Wop" with: The Cadillacs (Speedo; Zoom), The Edsels (Rama Lama Ding Dong), The Chantels (Maybe), The Flamingos (I Only Have Eyes For You),The Legends of Doo Wop & The Velons. The cruise is hosted by radio personality Bobby O'Shea host of the Doo Wop Shop. Private concerts, meet & greet, cocktail parties and sockhop. Just go to yahoo or google and search doo wop cruise.

Radio Steve

That sounds amazing!

I remember seeing a Country Western theme cruise in Feb of 2010. Problem is I din't remember what line, only it was a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise featurung thr Ballamy Brothers. There must be more though, good luck....

It is the MSC Poesia on Feb. 20th 2010

Theme Cruises (categories)

"Hairspray" The Musical

Blue Man Group

Food & Wine

Health & Well-Being

History & Culture

Hobby & Sports

Music

Science & the Environment

Singles

Soap Cruise

Special Events

Theater & the Arts

Some have current ones such as:

Halloween Bashes, antiques,singles, photography, Mind, Body & Spirit, swingers, wine tastings or culinary adventures, baseball greats, oldies music tours, bridge and poker events, quilting and even arts related.

Cruise West

Crystal

Cunard

Fred. Olsen Cruise Line

Holland America

MSC Cruises

Norwegian

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Regent

Royal Caribbean

Silversea

Windstar

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...
Aside from total "theme" cruises, you can also find groups that cruise. DH & I are on Glory March 28 with a Board Game Group. Easiest way I found to find group or theme cruises is to search for a cruise based on your interests.

My hubby is a board game geek. He would have loved this one.

• 2 months later...
My hubby is a board game geek. He would have loved this one.

Sorry for the late response, only just now seeing this!

Tell your hubby that there is a TA out of CA that hosts several of these a year. She usually uses Carnival going out of FL or out of CA. Next year is out of Tampa in March and Seattle (for Alaska) in August. She also hosts RPG & MtG themed groups.

We had an absolutely fabulous time this year. It was our first cruise with Gamer Adventures and we loved it so much we are booking for both cruises next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just found out about a Heavy Metal Festival Jan 24th to 28th out of Miami on Majesty of the Seas. There is an amazing line up and more being added. Death Angel, Forbidden and Testament to name a few! The website is 70000tons dot com.

Archived