Hmmmm. I have a question for you all....

Dee777

I am already booked on a cruise, and paid for. I was goofing around on Carnival's site, and I see the same category room on the same floor only 3 doors down from ours, for roughly $300.00 less than what we paid. So, I called them and got a woman on the phone who tells me this is a "promotion". I then find out that for only $120.00 each, we could upgrade to a 9A. So the two parter question I have for all you smarty pantses out there:

1) Am I just being cheap and wanting my 300.00 difference back or credited or whatever? Is it possible?

OR,

2) should I pay the extra $240.00 and get the 9A?

It is a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Pride.

Thanks for your input!

Dee

I am already booked on a cruise, and paid for. I was goofing around on Carnival's site, and I see the same category room on the same floor only 3 doors down from ours, for roughly $300.00 less than what we paid. So, I called them and got a woman on the phone who tells me this is a "promotion". I then find out that for only $120.00 each, we could upgrade to a 9A. So the two parter question I have for all you smarty pantses out there:

1) Am I just being cheap and wanting my 300.00 difference back or credited or whatever? Is it possible?

OR,

2) should I pay the extra $240.00 and get the 9A?

It is a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Pride.

Thanks for your input!

Dee

They don't have that ship filled yet:confused: Wow I'm surprised............

Yeah, well, it WAS filled, because we were wanting to upgrade a while back, but there was not so much as a balcony suite available. My PVP told me there were quite a few who dropped out close to final payment time.

If you are already within your penalty phase, you can't get an OBC or refund or anything... As for the 9A - on this type of ship, the 9A isn't all that fantastic (I had cabin 7301 on the Legend - great for me but that's because it was given to me by the upgrade fairy). They are bigger, with a bigger balcony but not the fantastic wrap around that can be found on other ships in the 9A category... If you are considering and upgrade, check out how much it would cost to go to category 11... that way you get the VIP boarding and such....

Hello!

Trust me, if I could save $300.00, you bet I would! :) Imagine what you could do with the $300.00! As far as the upgrade...... depends on how often you will be in your room. If you're in your room alot than you might like to upgrade but if you're like me and NEVER in your room, I'd keep my room and take the $300.00 and buy myself something nice! ;)

Yeah, well, it WAS filled, because we were wanting to upgrade a while back, but there was not so much as a balcony suite available. My PVP told me there were quite a few who dropped out close to final payment time.

Well that explains their new early booking promotion with non refundable

deposits;)

What category do you have right now?

If you are already within your penalty phase, you can't get an OBC or refund or anything... As for the 9A - on this type of ship, the 9A isn't all that fantastic (I had cabin 7301 on the Legend - great for me but that's because it was given to me by the upgrade fairy). They are bigger, with a bigger balcony but not the fantastic wrap around that can be found on other ships in the 9A category... If you are considering and upgrade, check out how much it would cost to go to category 11... that way you get the VIP boarding and such....

Thank you for the advice. However, there are no Cat. 11's available :(

Thank you for the advice. However, there are no Cat. 11's available :(

Oh well, sorry... The 9A's are bigger/roomier than the cat. 8's... The extended balcony that you're in is a little deeper, but not wider than the regular cat 8 balcony. The 9A has a balcony similar to the typical suite - also, I like where the 9A's are located. Like someone else said, it depends on how much time you spend in your room. I loved my 9A when I had it, but part of that love was because it was a real upgrade and not an upsell...

Good luck deciding - and enjoy your cruise. You are on my dream cruise!!

Thank you all for your patient advice lol.

I am a real amateur at this stuff, but then again, this is my second cruise, and first booking "solo" (without my TA).

I am further confused, however, after crunching numbers in my muddled state (I am home sick with strep throat and on many meds). The difference between what I already paid for an 8H extended balcony and what their site says it would be to purchase the 9A, is $128.22 TOTAL. She was telling me on the phone it would be $120.00 per PERSON???

Ah, they need to put me on some better drugs!

$120 (even if it is per person) seems like very little to pay to upgrade on a 14-day cruise, and for that itinerary in particular, I'd think the best possible balcony (and from the aft, you can see both sides) would be particularly desirable. If it were me, I'd go for it (although I'd agree with you and feel burned by not being able to get credit for the price drop).

Have fun!

So your category is showing up $300 less, the 9A is showing up as $128 more than that, and they want you to PAY $240 to get the 9A? Sounds to me like their math is screwy - you should get the 9A AND about $170 back!

Well, that's what I thought, darn it! Still no word from the PVP.... I'm just one of those people who don't particularly like to make a stink about things. But, you know, I'm sick, and rather tired, and haven't had a good argument for some time now...:D I will keep you posted and let you know as soon as I do what is going on, and what I end up with!

My PVP called me back (oh, how I love that man!) and I got the 9A for a mere $60.00 pp!!!

Whoop, whoop.......

Waiting for his return call to see if I can get the inlaws upgraded to an 8H for free. THEN who would be the favorite daughter in law?

Oh, wait...

I'm their only one...:D

My PVP called me back (oh, how I love that man!) and I got the 9A for a mere $60.00 pp!!!

Whoop, whoop.......

Waiting for his return call to see if I can get the inlaws upgraded to an 8H for free. THEN who would be the favorite daughter in law?

Oh, wait...

I'm their only one...:D

You have me smiling and doing the happy dance with ya.

So your category is showing up $300 less, the 9A is showing up as $128 more than that, and they want you to PAY $240 to get the 9A? Sounds to me like their math is screwy - you should get the 9A AND about $170 back!

I'm just guessing OP is past final payment, that's why she can't get a refund if prices were reduced.

Archived