If it were you...

SuperTrooper00

What say you?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Holland America Cruise
    • Princess Cruise

I am posting this on the Princess and Holland America boards. I would love to hear your advice. We are trying to decide between the 7 night HAL Southern Caribbean route (HMC, Aruba, Curacao), and the 8 night Princess repo cruise out of New York (Bermuda, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Thomas, and San Juan). The prices are pretty similar. What say you?

Since the cost is similar, I would vote for the Princess itinerary:

1. Because am biased, since I was brought up in Bermuda and my family still lives there. It is a beautiful island

2. The islands on the repo are more varied than the HAL itinerary

3. You get a nice amount of sea time too

Hi..I have cruised on both lines ..we had a great cruise on HAL and wouldnt hesitate to book with them again but I have become partial to Princess as I love the Caribe deck balconies and the Anytime dining....but of the 2 itineraries I would go with the Southern Caribbean....we snorkel everyday on a cruise when in ports.....to me the S.Caribbean has the better coral reefs.......we are on the Crown next month doing the Eastern rt......the ship was a big factor and the fact that we have never been to Turks and Caicos and St Maarten.........the big drawback for us with the S.Car...is that I can only go away during school vacation which is the third week in February......I found the traveling back and forth from San Juan to be very tiring...its just easier to get to Florida......so for us we consider

quality of reefs

ship

ports of call

departure city

and of course- cost

all with a leaning towards Princess

enjoy the your cruise:)

I voted for HAL in this instance because I am very partial to Half Moon Cay!! not to mention Aruba and Curacao. I love to snorkel. We are taking that very cruise on the Westerdam in October. However we are doing it as a B2B, so the second week will be San Juan, Grand Turk and St Maarten.

You really can't go wrong with either itinerary. Depending on the time of year you may get some cold days on the way from NY to Bermuda.

For us flying in and out of FLL would also be easier than coming home from San Juan.

With that said, have a ball which ever you choose.

Cheers, Denise

I love Princess and have sailed HAL. However, I also love the Ports of Curacao and Aruba and would choose that particular itineary. Both are great cruiselines. Whichever one You choose, have a great time.

I have done both.

Here's my 2 cents:

If you like being on the ship go with HAL. Only 3 stops.(HMC, Aruba, Curacao')

If you like ports, go with princess. 5 stops (Bermuda, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Thomas, and San Juan).

I must say though that a 7 day cruise to the furthest part of the caribbean from Ft Lauderdale is a great experience.:D

Also, where do you live? If you live in NY, then you will save a one-way airfare.

Bottom line, you really can't go wrong with either one.

My vote is HAL. I just loved that cruise.

Good luck with your decision.

I chose Princess due to the itinerary. Although I think HMC is simply fantastic, I don't care much for Aruba or Curacao. If you could somehow combine the Princess itinerary with a visit to HMC, it would be the perfect itinerary.

Eight days for about the same price as seven would be the deciding factor for me. Although I consider myself an itinerary cruiser for the most part I don't feel that way about the caribbean. When cruising between the islands I am mostly enjoying the ship.

We have sailed both princess and HAL and much prefer Princess even though the HAL ships are nicer, cabins bigger, Lido restaurant better and Half moon Cay is nicer than Princess ' private island. Princess is just more fun. The passengers are a friendlier and a more diverse group. We laugh more and talk more on a Princess cruise and we have made friends on every Princess cruise. I don't know how old you are but we are in our mid sixties so the age group is not a factor for us.

Princess is just a better experience.

Have a great time time whichever cruise you choose.

I've not sailed on HAL, although I'm open to trying them one day after I start collecting Social Security (just joking. Sorta.). Assuming the cost per day is similar, I'd pick the longer one (duh) and I'd pick the one with Bermuda because I looooooooove Bermuda! I also love San Juan. So I guess my bottom line is, I'd pick the Princess cruise. Good luck with your decision: let us know which way you went.

Archived