Miracle 11/7 Mini Review

LEtue

As promised I wanted to write a short review of our Miracle cruise.

I haven's sailed Carnival since the Imagination in 1997 and was so ready for this cruise after all the hurricanes this fall. The ship is nice but didn't seem to take the wind and seas well. It was a rough cruise and water came out of the pool on two evenings. Will have to compare notes with those on the Explorer (they were in Grand Cayman and Cozumel with us) to see if it was weather related or just the ship.

The cabin (8F) was nice and I loved the down comforters on the beds - a very nice touch! I used the balcony often in the afternoons but the band two decks up may bother some passengers. I would rate the cabin an A.

Food was excellent most of the time. Lunch was the best in the Horatio restaurant but the dinner spread was very scarce. The deli selections and pizza were still available and I found myself using them the most. Seems they want passengers to use the dining room or specialty dining on this ship and didn't really make the evening meal appealing. We experienced very poor service in the dining room and didn't return after Tuesday. Some in our group said there was no variety in the dining room evening menus and it seemed to them that some items were repeated. Can't say for sure. Overall, I would rate it a B.

As expected the entertainment was very good. The cruise director was okay. We were lucky enough to sail with John Herald in 97 so we were spoiled. No one should miss the production shows howver, on some evenings there was only one showtime - 10:30pm. Rating A

The staff and crew were efficient at times but there were so many dishes left around that it left a bad impression. Only a few of the staff seemed happy and we very seldom heard a word from anyone other than the bar staff. I can't tell you how many times I said good morning or hello to someone and never got a responsel A big disappointment here. Rating D

Our cabin steward was great. When we arrived our beds were made up as a king and he quickly corrected the problem for us. He was very pleasant and I enjoyed talking with him daily. This was his first cruise and he was anxious to make us happy. :) Great job...A+

Ports were great. I always love Grand Cayman and snorkeling in Cozumel was excellent. We took a taxi to Sunset Beach - about half way to town from the International Pier and there wre tons of fish and nice coral. We snorkeled above many divers so it must have been a good spot. A big surprise was Belize. Loved it! Be sure and take an excursion here as others on these boards have mentioned. We did the Mayan Ruins and River Wallace trip. We bused in and took the river back. The boats are fast - 3 big Mercury outboards so it isn't a float trip ;) We saw bats, 2 troops of howler monkeys, crockadiles, dolfins, and lots of iguanas. No manatee but we weren't disappointed.

So, that's a quick review. If anyone has any questions let me know.

We just returned today from the 11/07/04 cruise on the Miracle also. We had a cabin mid ship and did not have a problem with the motion of the ocean. Thursday night was rough, but we have been in worse seas. Sometimes you just experience more wind than other times. I do think that the Spirit class does not take the rougher seas as well as some others.

We found the food to be some of the best we have had on our twenty five cruises. Our waiter was Carlos and Rene. They were great and entertained us all week. Their service was the best since our cruise on the Seabreeze. Carlos is leaving soon to go on the Valor out of Maimi but Rene will still be on the Miracle. Our dining table was on the top floor at the back of the dining room. We really did not have a problem with the selections in the dining room and ate there every night except when we dined at Nick and Noras. We never did warm up to the decor in the dining room and hope they change it. It is way over the top.

Our experience on the Lido deck was a good one also. The staff there cleaned tables off as soon as you finished eating. Sometimes a little too soon, but, we have been on cruises when you find dirty dishes on tables everywhere you look, so, we did not mind going for a drink and coming back to find our table already cleaned. However, we always went up early, to avoid long lines, and maybe the service is better when you eat early. We liked the selections even at breakfast, and thought the quality of food was good. The service staff was not overly friendly, so, they could improve in that area, but, they seemed really busy most of the time. Eat early to avoid the lines and crowded feeling.

The shows were great and would highly recommend you see both of them. We have grown a little tired of these productions at times, but, these two shows were great. We didn't mind the Crusie Director, Mark Hawkins or Karl with a " K ". Not the best, but, they were funny most of the time so, I would rate them a B .

We love the Spirit class ships. The Miracle is not as beautiful as the Pride, but, we still loved it and had a wonderful cruise and would recommend it. We only had a problem with the smokey area before entering the dining room. They really need to make some changes there. Some in our family smelled smoke in their cabins, but, we never had a problem with that.

We had a great time in Belize on the river . I believe the cost was around $65.00 for adults and $59.00 for children. ( Could have been slightly more or less.) Our five year old grandson was with us and he seemed to enjoy it. The bus ride is around 45 minutes long, but, you get to see the countryside and we enjoyed that,and the guides give you lots of info about Belize. In Cozumel, we caught a taxi to Paradise Beach and that was beautiful. It is very clean and both our grandchildren went with us and they had a great time. The beach and water is beautiful and clean and $5.00 rents snorkel equipment, mats, and kayaks. I highly recommend this trip.

Over all the cruise was one of the best we have taken. We loved the new chocolate desserts, and on Saturday at lunch they had a chocolate fountain, with lots of " goodies " to dip in the chocolate. That was a great new addition. The cold strawberry soup was available there also.

Hope this review answers some of your questions. Everyones experience on a cruise is different and we hope you enjoy your cruise. We had a very enjoyable time and we needed this vacation after being hit by two hurricanes and brushed by remmants of Ivan. So I am suffering from PCD and really missed Carlos tonight at dinner.

Can you please tell me more about the excursion you took in Belize. Will children like this trip? Are you on the bus for a long time?

How much was it? The only thing I can find about price is $$

Lynn ~ the bus ride is probably about 1 hour. I think children will have a good time since you keep moving throughout. The excursion is 5.5 hours after tendering ashore (about 20 minutes). Some river in and bus back so your experience may vary. The river portion should provide plenty of opportunity to see things they won't forget... The price for adults was $69 and I think children were $49 ??? We had wanted to snorkel in Belize but I had read too much about hurricane damage to the reefs and that excursion was $89. (a little too much to risk and not see fish and coral).

I don't know the ages of your children but the cave tubing gets rave reviews!

We only had a problem with the smokey area before entering the dining room. They really need to make some changes there.

Were you on the upper level? We were on the lower level, and smoking was not allowed in the lounge areas where you wait to get into the dining room.

Thanks for the great review. Wife & I and two small boys going out 12/4/04. Trying to figure our what night(s) to book the specialty restaurant. Can you tell me which nights are which interms of cuisine in the main dining room? Most ships have a Caribbean night that we skip, and some have an Italian as well. Thank You!!

I would like to Know if the Miracle changes times to reflect island time or did you stay on ships time?

I know belieze is one hour behind the Miracle and I am trying to make a reservation for shore excursion in belize- the lady stated I have to wait and see if the Miracle changes time.

Thanks for the great review. Wife & I and two small boys going out 12/4/04. Trying to figure our what night(s) to book the specialty restaurant. Can you tell me which nights are which interms of cuisine in the main dining room? Most ships have a Caribbean night that we skip, and some have an Italian as well. Thank You!!

Here is a site that has menus pasted. Just change day 1 (saturday to day one Sunday. Menus are fleetwide. Monday and Friday are formal nights

http://community.webshots.com/album/91724526RKHrjt

I would like to Know if the Miracle changes times to reflect island time or did you stay on ships time?

I know belieze is one hour behind the Miracle and I am trying to make a reservation for shore excursion in belize- the lady stated I have to wait and see if the Miracle changes time.

The ship's time never changed. When debarking in Mexico and Belize, there were lots of signs reminding us that while the ports were an hour behind the ship's time, passengers SHOULD NOT change their watches.

Ok, I am confused. Do we meet private escursions on our time or thewir time? I did not even realize there was a time frame. Dont want to miss our excursions I booked on my own. And every port?

The times all of my excursions listed were LOCAL time, and they included a note saying that this may be different from SHIP'S time. The time was an hour behind in Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. No time difference in Grand Cayman, as I recall.

Excursions will be timed according to island time. From talking with my vendor--she stated that the Paradise changed the ships clocks to reflect island time...which worked out for all private vendors..not just her. I was hoping the Miracle would follow suit since she is following the Paradise. Oh well- back to the drawing boards.

How will I find out what time exactly to be at pier? 1 hour behind (always confusing to me) So if it says 9:00 am I have to be at 10? Except GC? agghhh

The Vendor I am working with states taht I should wait a few weeks to see what the captain will do. I have only been on one ship that actually changed the clocks...allt he rest stayed on ship time. (which was strange when looking at clocks on those islands.)

We are docking at 7am in Belize which is really 6am their time. She is looking to set us up at 10am which is 11am on the ship=-= way too late for me.

Archived