Opinions on this dress please

katmu

I love the first dress and I think it is dressy enough for formal night, and also great to wear for other occasions.

I like the sleeveless one as well, not so much the teal one, although all 3, in my opinion are perfect for formal night.

The bottom line, go with the one you feel good in, you can't lose.

How about this one? I tried this on in the store today and I think I'm going to go back and get it. And $39 for a silk dress I think is pretty good.

Very pretty! There are lots of ways to accessorize it. The best thing is you were able to try it on and if you're considering going back for it, it must have fit right and felt good. I say, go get it and don't miss out on it.

BTW, did they have any other sizes and are you willing to ship?;):D

They only had 1 left. There are still a few online. It's from Banana Republic, so maybe try stores near you as the sale dresses in the stores (not online) are an extra 30% off right now so it ended up being only $39.

How about this one? I tried this on in the store today and I think I'm going to go back and get it. And $39 for a silk dress I think is pretty good.

br606495-01vliv01.jpg

Perfect! Very pretty! Love it!

And I think that as a thank you for all the valuable advice, the least you could do is take us all with you! :D

Very pretty! There are lots of ways to accessorize it. The best thing is you were able to try it on and if you're considering going back for it, it must have fit right and felt good. I say, go get it and don't miss out on it.

BTW, did they have any other sizes and are you willing to ship?;):D

It's available online for only $54. from Banana.com, and it's available in black as well. Katmu won't ship, but Banana will! :)

It's available online for only $54. from Banana.com, and it's available in black as well. Katmu won't ship, but Banana will! :)

Just a bit leery about ordering online unless I've actually tried it on after my last experience. Ordered a dress by the measurements that I really liked which turned out to be much too large, then they had no replacement. :( Don't want to be disappointed again.....but I am going to look at it online.;)

I forgot to post the shoes. They are 2" so I think I should be able to walk ok.

shoes_iaec1087225.jpg

Iheartbda- I will be near the downtown BR store tomorrow. I will stop by and check and see if they have any more of the dresses there.

Iheartbda- I will be near the downtown BR store tomorrow. I will stop by and check and see if they have any more of the dresses there.

Well aren't you nice?:)

I looked online and found this one that would be more appropriate for the occasion I have. DRATS that I'm in the semi-boondocks and not close to a BP. It comes in a bright pink like the last dress I missed out on but I'm still leery of no try on.

br606483-01p01v01.jpg

That's really cute.

They do have the teal one left at the downtown Minneapolis store in sizes 0, 4, 6 and 12.

Thanks dahling....looks like I'm outa' luck there.

I may take my chances and order the short one. Don't need it until May so maybe it will get even cheaper online. If I miss out on it, I have lots of time to look around.

Just a bit leery about ordering online unless I've actually tried it on after my last experience. Ordered a dress by the measurements that I really liked which turned out to be much too large, then they had no replacement. :( Don't want to be disappointed again.....but I am going to look at it online.;)

I hear ya'. I don't like ordering online unless I can return it to a store near my house, or if they send a pre-printed free return label ( a la zappos).

I hear ya'. I don't like ordering online unless I can return it to a store near my house, or if they send a pre-printed free return label ( a la zappos).

I hope I'm not in trouble...I just took the plunge with the BCBG MaxAzria brown silk bubble dress but I got it for $30 including shipping so if it doesn't work I'm not out much. I know it's hard to tell but it does indeed, have a bubble hemline.

Honey, wear the brown dress, I am sure you will look beautiful in it. Our last cruise was Holland America, on formal night I considered it a shame that some of the women wore pants, not slacks, and matching tops, not blouses. If you can afford to go on a cruise, then you can afford to dress for the event. I never pay retail, and I have some beautiful dresses that I have bought on clearance racks.

The pink dress is very pretty also.

Katmu - The white/black lace blouse is very pretty. To me, tho, it looks a little holiday-ish.

That long blue one you chose is be-yoo-ti-ful! I'd love to have a gown that color.

Since Carnival has such a relaxed "formal" code, really all that's required is a cocktail type dress, what about that 1st one? Didn't you say you'd get it in black? Then you'd have a perfect LBD. And you already have black sandals. You could use the same black bag both nights. I'd just add some colored sparklies (not black, that would be too much w/your dark hair) & you'd look fantastic.

You don't say how old you are (or give a range ;)), but that long-sleeved teal dress, with the black lace, looks like it belongs on a, um, "mature" woman. The other dresses you have chosen make me think, well, that you are not.

Whatever you choose, happy sailing. :)

I think I might just go with the 1st one (photo is brown, but mine is black) since I already own that. And then the long teal one that I bought. I can wear them both with the lower black sandals I found. Thanks ladies for all your help!

Ok, so yesterday I went to look for jewelry to wear with the 2 dresses I have. And of course, I just had to take a look at the evening wear section (just to see I told myself). I found this dress on sale and bought it. It was just so beautiful even though it's a bit more formal than I was planning to go.

FW07_D9309_F_AUG_0016zoom.jpg

Ok, so yesterday I went to look for jewelry to wear with the 2 dresses I have. And of course, I just had to take a look at the evening wear section (just to see I told myself). I found this dress on sale and bought it. It was just so beautiful even though it's a bit more formal than I was planning to go.

FW07_D9309_F_AUG_0016zoom.jpg

Love it!

Enjoy!

Archived