Mini Suite or Balcony on Coral Princess

Krazeniq

I am currently booked on the Coral Princess for the 19 night RT Panama Canal 4/26/09 from LA in a balcony on the baja deck midship. I have recently considered upgrading to a mini suite balcony (only ones available are on the Caribe deck at the bow, is this a good location? Or does it get rocky up there? Is it worth the upgrade?) because I am worried a balcony cabin might be a bit too crowed for 3 people. I have been told that the bed will come out of the wall but I just can't picture how the space will be divided up when the bed is down. Will we have to climb over beds just to make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Does the twin bed pull down and rest over the top of the queen bed like a bunk bed? Will I bump my head on the twin bed coming out of the wall if I am sitting on the queen bed? Has anyone out there stayed in a cabin with 3 people before, if so would you mind sharing your experience with me, (good or bad) please? Or if anyone has any photos of the bed configuration for a cabin with 3 people or even just photos of a mini suite that they are willing to share, that would be wonderful. Also, what perks do you get in a mini suite that you don't get in a Balcony? Are mini suites worth the extra money? Any suggestions or comments would be helpful, thanks :o

We were in a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck. Did not feel any additional movement. The advantage to that deck is that the balcony's are much larger and are partial sun/shade. To me, the additional size of the balcony would make it worth the upgrade.

We had a Baja balcony cabin mid-ship last spring on the Coral for the 15-day full transit. It was adequate for the 2 of us, but with 3 in your cabin, you may want to book a mini-suite. As stated by javafriend, the Caribe balcony is definitely larger.

Either way, you will have a wonderful experience. We certainly did. The Coral is a lovely ship--enjoy!

Thanks guys for your help, I appreciate it :) I just upgraded to a mini suite on the dolphin deck, aft. The Bow mini suites on the Caribe deck were all gone :rolleyes: Oh well... you win some you loose some right :p Besides from what I have read here most people think that the aft is better then the bow anyway so it all works out. I'm so excited, a little over 3 months now until my cruise...I can't wait! :D

Archived