Why do people love to wear s.t. from previous cruises?

Well I tend to wear Bonneville Salt flats race t-shirts on the cruise around the pool as a cover up it is my hubbys passion and he has set many records but is shy meeting people this way when some one is into racing they usually approch and strike up a conversation then he gets to meet people who like the same type of thing , long and winded sorry basicly it is an "Ice breaker " for some people.

Come to think of it, when I go to a baseball game, I see a whole slew of people wearing hats regarding their favorite team. Oh, and that happens at football games, too. And, hockey games are littered with people wearing their favorite team jersey. I wonder what it all means?

....or even better.......black socks with Crocs?

Or t-shirts/shirts with no sleeves in the dining room.

Don't get me started I'll be here all day, and get no work done at all.

Black socks with Birkenstocks has to be one of my all time favorites!!

I used to buy T's every place I went in the 70's and 80's. Unfortunately, they were all size L.

Who knew that in the 00's I'd be a size XXL.

The ones that have survived sit there nicely in a rarely used dresser. :eek:

You [and I] know we are still the same size -

they are just making the new [same] sizes smaller, and salt air shrank the old ones.:D

But then after having been to over a hundred countries, my one multi-purpose t-shirt says:

Been There

Done That

Don't need the T-Shirt

But I do have to ask what does "s.t." in the original title stand for? [i'm sure it is obvious, but I'm having a hard time getting my mind to kick into gear]

But I do have to ask what does "s.t." in the original title stand for? [i'm sure it is obvious, but I'm having a hard time getting my mind to kick into gear]
I took it to mean "screened tee" like one with a picture, logo, etc. silk-screened on the front or back.
souvenir t-shirt perhaps?
This is probably correct.

I purchase a blue and gold mug from any cruise I have been on with RC or X. That's the mug I drink my morning coffee out of every day I have to go to work. For a few minutes, it gives me peace to reflect back on a time I was on board totally relaxed and in the moment of the cruise. It also gives me a moment to look forward to the next one in anticipation. As I write this I am having my morning coffee with my "Enchantment" mug. Besides, it sure beats drinking out of a mug that says.... "over the hill".

My mug has tigger on it. But then again so does my fiance. So ....

The RC gear we have we bought due to underpacking on the last cruise. and its packed in the bag for the coming one. It makes a good warming item.

Is it proper to wear ANOTHER cruise line logo T while cruising on the competitor? If so, why the heck would you do that?

Why not? I wear my Red Sox shirt when I visit other major league ballparks, except for Yankee Stadium. I am not totally stupid!;)

I get a kick out of couples who walk around the deck in their brand new matching souvenir T-shirts from the port we are sailing away from.

Like they were the only ones just there?

My DW used her RCCL gym bag on our Princess cruise in November without incident.

I would definitely wear my Red Sox hat at yankee stadium.

I've seen people with yankee hats at Fenway even when the bosox aren't playing the yankees.

In answer to the original question. I think people wear them because it's part of getting their cruise groove on & it doesn't matter if it's not from the same cruise line they're sailing.

I get a kick out of couples who walk around the deck in their brand new matching souvenir T-shirts from the port we are sailing away from.

Like they were the only ones just there?

Im really amazed at the judgements here and lack of tolerance for what others want to wear. Maybe they just needed tee shirts? How do you know why they bought them, or even that they just bought them?

I bought a red Princess shirt for a port I was going to go to on the next Princess cruise onboard my Princess Grand cruise for 75% off. I still think its a cute fitting shirt, but I wore it on the Caribbean Princess .... ya mean there were people going around saying, hey she just bought that tee shirt and thinks she was the only one to that port? Are people this shallow for real?

DH wears T shirts during the day, when we go on cruises I only pack a couple because I know I will be buying him some on ship and in port....(he always needs new ones as he wears them to work in the yard and such so they get ruined)

That way I can pack less.......Now I know people have been laughing at him like eetonaee, oh how will we ever stand it.......:rolleyes:

Im really amazed at the judgements here and lack of tolerance for what others want to wear. Maybe they just needed tee shirts? How do you know why they bought them, or even that they just bought them?

I bought a red Princess shirt for a port I was going to go to on the next Princess cruise onboard my Princess Grand cruise for 75% off. I still think its a cute fitting shirt, but I wore it on the Caribbean Princess .... ya mean there were people going around saying, hey she just bought that tee shirt and thinks she was the only one to that port? Are people this shallow for real?

No kidding, you beat me to that one, well put. I mean, seriously, I don't think they are walking around in their new T's "like they're the only ones that just visited that port"! Perhaps they just like their new shirts and want to wear them, maybe they underpacked and needed a few more casual shirts so are wearing the ones they just bought, I can think of so many other reason then that really mean-spirited suggestion.

I'll be wearing my South America t shirt from the Splendor SA cruise for the Freedom cruise next month. Our M&M did not get enough signed up for the get together so we are meeting outside the Windjammer. I told the other people thats what I would be wearing. I felt it would be an wasy way to find me.

Jan

That the OP asked a light hearted questions and all the pursed lips, sour outlook, narrow-minded folks could not wait to pounce?

Folks, easy, don't stroke out! Chill....just a little bit....Mellow.....

Just once, look to the light hearted side of life.

I'd love to read the rulebook you're reading from. :rolleyes:

It's on the Q and A portion of Carnivals web site.

" No Royal Caribbean T-shirts shall be worn on deck". "Offenders will be forced of the ship at next port, if it is a sea day said passenger will walk the plank".

Goes right in line with wearing Red Sox gear in Yankee Stadium. serious repercussions.

Archived