Photos from the 04 Jan Solstice Sailing

Fogtownrog

Thanks to all for your kind comments!

I used mostly a Nikon D300 with a 17-35 f2.8 and a 18-200 f3.5 and often I used the flash in daylight for fill in..... And around my belt I carry a small little Canon Sureshot dummy camera.....I used that when I went to Virgin Gorda as I didn't want to mess with the big camera on that shore excursion.

In the event you had discussion with Peter in the Martini Bar, would you happen to know how long he is scheduled to be on Solstice? We met him last March on Millie, and he is the best! Had us in stitches the entire cruise. Hopefully he'll still be on ship week of March 15th. Thanks for sharing the fantastic photos!

I loved the photos, thanks for sharing them. My favorite was the balcony shot with the fruit on the table. What cabin was that taken from? I have a cabin booked on the Continental deck and am wondering about the distance/view from that deck to the water.

I loved the photos, thanks for sharing them. My favorite was the balcony shot with the fruit on the table. What cabin was that taken from? I have a cabin booked on the Continental deck and am wondering about the distance/view from that deck to the water.

I was in 9302 ....and thanks for the compliment.

How was your excursion to Virgin Gorda? was it a ship sponsored trip? I considering this excursion.

I did the ship's shore excursion. It includes a stop at two beaches.....I think because of the short time in Tortola its a good idea to do the ship's excursion. My only disappointment was the baths...there were so many people there, it was not all that great. I ended up having beer at the bar while waiting for our return to the ship.

We were on the same cruise, same excursion. Luckily the Solstice gets to to the caves first, so do the caves first and then go swimming. We thought the water was one of best in the Carib. Interesting round rock formations considering these are volcanic islands. The locals are very friendly and appreciative of our tourist dollars.

Thanks for sharing all of the great photos!

I think they should have named the Strawberry Smoothie "Pink Poo Platter" instead.:o

Thanks for the compliment..... yes, the smoothie dessert looks like several things other than a tasty treat!

Archived