Leaving unused cards or vouchers in Bible

Ship Dude

There has been a Bible in every cabin of every cruise(line) we have taken - including Sea Princess last year. And I know that for sure, as my Mother showed it to me and that's the only cruise she's taken!

Wow. We've been on many Princess ships as well as many others & never found one. Quite a different experience I might say. :p

Could it possible be that it's your experience on P & O and not Princess?

Wow. We've been on many Princess ships as well as many others & never found one. Quite a different experience I might say. :p

Could it possible be that it's your experience on P & O and not Princess?

Well seeing as it was my mother who pointed it out and the only cruise she has done was last year on Sea Princess, I doubt it.

The only thing that the last passengers ever left us were lipstick prints on the balcony door. A great big smooch! :) It stayed on the door the entire week.

We did get a good laugh out of it every time we walked into the room, so

that was ok. However, we wondered what else did not get cleaned the entire week?:eek:

I guess I'm just selfish! I take my unused coffee card home with me to use on my next cruise! :p

I love the idea of the bottle of wine for the next passenger. I may just do that. It's so nice!

(I just hope that they aren't recovering alcholics. They might not appreciate it) - (and I'm not trying to be funny here in case someone wants to flame me)

On Princess cruises coffee isnt free ?? Like on RCCL or Carnival ?

Cappuccinos and lattes have a charge. BTW, HAL is not like Carnival where colas are unlimited-you pay x amount of dollars for 20 colas/sodas. So many will, if they do not use all-will stick their cards in the Bible. I had two specialty coffees left, and as somebody had left my daughter 13 colas/sodas, I thought I would be nice and leave someone else the 2 specialty coffees.

I have never seen a Bible in a stateroom on Princess or any other cruiseline, for that matter. Hotels usually, and a Book of Mormon in Marriott properties.

Chris

The Book of Mormons, at the Marriott properties, is courtesy of J.W. Marriott who is, of course, a Mormon;)

I was reading a post on the HAL board and it was telling the next passenger in Cabin XXX that they left an unused coffee card in the Bible. Do you know anyone on Princess or have you done this?

Sapphire C109 passengers before 2/28, please feel free to leave any unsed coffee cards and/or wine vouchers in Bible.

Thanks in advance.

Back to your original question. I have heard about people leaving unused coupons, vouchers, etc, under the liner inside of the cabin safe. It makes sense.

I always check, but have yet to find anything. but I will keep checking.

I don't know who all you people are cruising with who swear on the Bible you've had a Bible in your cabin, but they apparently remove them before I board as I have never come across one on any cruise. Perhaps Princess just knows how saintly I am and that therefore I have no further need of religious study. Bless you, my children.

My mother was in an inside cabin.

And my Papa was a rolling stone?

I do believe you, but were you in a suite. Possibly they might have them where the lower cats don't.

Because those of us not in suites are rather beyond being saved?

or...

Why does it make difference if the feline is tall or short?

I don't know who all you people are cruising with who swear on the Bible you've had a Bible in your cabin, but they apparently remove them before I board as I have never come across one on any cruise. Perhaps Princess just knows how saintly I am and that therefore I have no further need of religious study. Bless you, my children.

Oh dear... I've never come across one on any of my cruises, either. Does that mean I'm on my way to h*ll in a handcart?

As I have said, it was my mother who remarked on the Bible being in the drawer and the only cruise my mother has been on was Sea Princess.

Well, it is possible that since the Sea Princess used to be P&O's Adonia, Princess might not have gotten around to removing the Bibles from the cabins. Personally, I've never seen a Bible on any cruise that I've been on...and I always check every drawer before disembarking!

No, like every other Corporation they are afraid of the "Threats by the ACLU" that they will sue them if they distribute the Gideon Bibles or any other religious books. I think that their current target is hotel/motel rooms. I wonder when people are going to get sick of the commie ACLU and put a stop to this? I do not know about you, but of all of the hotel and motel rooms I have stayed in in my life having a Gideon Bible in the drawer has never hurt me.

I think the point is, as other posters have pointed out, if they're going to provide a Bible, then why not the Koran, or Book of Mormon, Vedas, Guru Ganth Sahib and all the others? Cruise lines have an international audience that include non-Christian folks, so why not? Obviously that would be expensive, so the Bibles have been removed. You can always get one in the library or, if you're so inclined, bring one yourself. :rolleyes:

Back to your original question. I have heard about people leaving unused coupons, vouchers, etc, under the liner inside of the cabin safe. It makes sense.

I always check, but have yet to find anything. but I will keep checking.

We've considered leaving some stuff like this, but then talked with the steward. Their job is to clean the cabin for the next passenger so it looks like they're the only person ever to use the cabin.

So, no matter how well intentioned, I would rather a clean cabin with no leftovers from the previous passenger. And the "valuable stuff" we leave really shouldn't make it to the next passenger if the steward is doing an excellent job.

Just my opinion...

Archived