Aquaclass worth it?

phinn

Currently booked in 1A class and wondering if it is worth the switch to the Aquaclass. Other than the dining, does this category get access to spa areas that other classes don't? I'm wondering if I should pay the extra money or wait and pay as you go if I decide to take advantage of the spa areas. I'm not going to do any treatments, but interested in the facility itself.

We were in an Aqua Class stateroom on the 12/28 sailing and enjoyed it; however, at the time we booked it wasn't significantly greater in price than what CC staterooms were going for at that time. With an Aqua Class stateroom, you have full access to the Persian Gardens and the relaxation room, which is located forward on the Aqua Class deck. There's also an entrance to the Spa (via a spiral staircase) from the Aqua Class deck. In addition, you are able to book Spa treatments through the Aqua Class Concierge, avoiding the queue at the main counter. The stateroom itself, wasn't significantly different from a CC stateroom. Both classes have the same square footage, but the Aqua Class staterooms are equipped with an impressive shower head/jets, huge towels, additional toiletries, and an aromatic oil diffuser. The most pleasant surprise was Blu, which was open for breakfast and dinner. We truly enjoyed all the meals we had in this beautiful, intimate restaurant and it didn't require the time commitment one usually has to make when dining in a specialty restaurant. One night we opted to dine in the Grand Epernay, which while elegant, came with all the bustle and noise associated with a large dining hall. We were happy to return to the intimacy of Blu the subsequent evening. If the above perks are appealing to you and the price reasonable, I'd say go for it.

Thank you so much for that insight. I didn't plan on using the spa facilities and while I might enjoy Blu, if I can opt for signing up should I decide to go, I would try it that way. My biggest concern was if I still would have access to the Solarium pool, which sounds like I would. Didn't know if they were going to make that exclusive to Aquaclass. Thanks again for your input. Sounds like you had a great cruise!

We were in an Aqua Class stateroom on the 12/28 sailing and enjoyed it; however, at the time we booked it wasn't significantly greater in price than what CC staterooms were going for at that time. With an Aqua Class stateroom, you have full access to the Persian Gardens and the relaxation room, which is located forward on the Aqua Class deck. There's also an entrance to the Spa (via a spiral staircase) from the Aqua Class deck. In addition, you are able to book Spa treatments through the Aqua Class Concierge, avoiding the queue at the main counter. The stateroom itself, wasn't significantly different from a CC stateroom. Both classes have the same square footage, but the Aqua Class staterooms are equipped with an impressive shower head/jets, huge towels, additional toiletries, and an aromatic oil diffuser. The most pleasant surprise was Blu, which was open for breakfast and dinner. We truly enjoyed all the meals we had in this beautiful, intimate restaurant and it didn't require the time commitment one usually has to make when dining in a specialty restaurant. One night we opted to dine in the Grand Epernay, which while elegant, came with all the bustle and noise associated with a large dining hall. We were happy to return to the intimacy of Blu the subsequent evening. If the above perks are appealing to you and the price reasonable, I'd say go for it.

We have an Aqua Class cabin booked on an Equinox sailing. Thanks for your first hand report. We're definitely looking forward to trying Blu and quiet, intimate dining sounds great. Have seen some menus and the food definitely looks interesting.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Just returned yesterday from Solstice. We were in Aqua Class...It was very nice, but would definately go CC instead if we go on this ship again.

Blu restaurant is elegant but in our opinion a little "stuffy". We ate there 2 nights, Main dining room 3 nights and the Murano and Tuscany.

We like the atmosphere in the main dining room. One of the enjoyable things about cruising in the people you meet at dinner. Yes, it is definately "active" and more noise...but we like that. Also, the food was excellent.

When AQ pax go to the MDR, how are seats selected & arranged?

Was the Persian gardens closed to others not in suites or AQ? had we known this was the rule we would have tried AQ once... Hoping the rule changes

Just returned from 1/11 sailing and in my opionon Blu was exceptional.Blu was like home we were very comfortable and the staff was very attentive . MDR=wedding food BLU=above average intimate restaurant It will be hard to go back to the main dining room after this expierience. Please do not think I am dogging the MDR

We returned yesterday and were in AC. If I had it to do again, would have booked CC.

Blu dining room is beautiful and the food outstanding. But....we enjoy the "fun" of being with other passengers at our table and usually request table of 6-8 (even when traveling with friends). Blu is considered "clean" food. Our friend asked for a baked potato and they had to go to MDR to get it.

The dining room is quiet and most tables are for 2 or 4 people. After a couple of nights we switched to MDR. Suggest you go to the MD and request any available seats. He will ask you to wait 10 minutes until they see if room is available. The first night we got a table (guests had gone to specialty restaurant) Our waiter said that there was room at his other table so my husband went back to MD and gave table no. and he reserved it for us for the rest of the week. We also ate in Murano one night and the Tuscan Grille another. Both were excellent.

As far as AC ammenities there was not much more than would you would get in CC. Our cabin was located about 7 down from the relaxation room and staircase up to Spa. I am embarrased to say that I didn't find the Persian Garden for several days. Maybe when you arrive at your cabin the steward should explain where everything is and what you get in AC.

I think there is a package available if you want to use the Persian Garden and not in AC.

The ship is beautiful. Food is outstanding. Service is excellent. The only thing I was a little dissapointed with was pool area. They should do away with the grass on 15 and put in another pool. On sea days get there early to get a lounge.

Music at pool was very "stuffy" no Island band. No pool "games", no demonstrations. This is just our opinion...people look for different things on cruises! I doubt that I would sail would go on Solstice or Equinox again but would go back to Millenium.

It may not sound like it....but we did have a wonderful time.

Just returned from 1/11 sailing and in my opionon Blu was exceptional.Blu was like home we were very comfortable and the staff was very attentive . MDR=wedding food BLU=above average intimate restaurant It will be hard to go back to the main dining room after this expierience. Please do not think I am dogging the MDR

ditto. we also just returned from the 1/11 sailing and i couldn't agree more. part of the reason why my husband and i hadn't book a cruise in over 2 years was because of the quality of the food in the MDR's of the ships that we had sailed. we took a chance on Blu hoping that it would meet our expectations of a fine dining experience. we dined at Blu, Tuscan, and Murano...all were phenomenal and are comparable to a high-end fine dining restaurants in Vegas. so in our opinion, yes, Blu is worth it just for the food.

my husband and i were traveling with my in-laws (which have sailed all major cruise lines for over 20 years) and they were also very impressed with their dinners at Blu, eventhough they didn't recognize some of the items on the menu. we always ordered based on our waiter's suggestions and were never once disappointed. the portions are also relatively big considering there are four courses (appetizer, soup/salad, entree, and dessert). also, if we were torn between 2 items in a particular course the waiter would bring both out so we could try them. the portions were the same size of those in Tuscan/Murano.

on a side note, we had breakfast in Blu one morning and tried the blueberry pecan pancakes topped with a berry compote and maple syrup, they were amazing. if you do book Aquaclass, make sure to have breakfast there at least once, if not more.

hope this helps.

I was in Aqua Class on the Jan. 4th cruise.

Both my wife and I felt that it was not worth the extra money. We both thought that the food in BLU was ok, but would rather be with a large table in the MDR. We ate at Blu twice, all three specialty resturants, and MDR twice.

We did book again on the Solstice and booked CC cabin.

I am happy we tried Aqua Class, but would not do it again.

Just returned yesterday from Solstice. We were in Aqua Class...It was very nice, but would definitely go CC instead if we go on this ship again.

Blu restaurant is elegant but in our opinion a little "stuffy". We ate there 2 nights, Main dining room 3 nights and the Murano and Tuscany.

We like the atmosphere in the main dining room. One of the enjoyable things about cruising in the people you meet at dinner. Yes, it is definitely "active" and more noise...but we like that. Also, the food was excellent.

This is why a cruise is so great, we are the exact opposite and we both enjoyed our cruise. We have no desire to sit in the MDR and loved eating at Blu. Yea it might be a little fancy at times but we like the intimacy. We ate at the MDR one night while in port and even though not that crowded it did give us that banquet hall feel. Food was great by the way.

Again, neither is right or wrong we just have different tastes!

And yes to the original question. To us, Aqua Class was worth it. It would be worth about $300 or so per week to jump from CC.

enjoy,

Duane

I was hoping that the entire week of menus from Blu would be posted. Someone posted 2 separate days, and someone else posted some food pictures from Blu. From what I saw, I'm looking forward to dining there, although I can see where some may not be that enthusiastic.

I've sailed on 7 and 10 cruises with Celebrity. Dining in the MDR is great at first. However, by the 5th night you do get tired of waiting so long to get your meals. Also, eating 5+ courses every night can be taxing on your system. I am looking forward to having an "alternative" and some variety for the full seven days!!!!

AQ has it own check in line. i was first in line at 1 pm.

Blu- did not like what i ordered at all. will try the MDR next Jan for some meals.

loved PG. .was there almsot daily.

cabin extras worth to me. miss the shower. loved my free water and tea.

enjoyed breakfast in Blu but only got there once as i never woke up early again. they clsoe breakfast at 9 am instead of 10 am.

For those of you who booked AC and dined in Blu - did they change the menus every night? Were some nights better than others? If anyone took copies or pictures of the food and would share we would appreciate it.

between the two weeks iwas oon the ship i ate oon sunday, monday and wednesday. the only dinner i liked was sunday. thursday looked good but i ate in st M's one week and was in TG the other week.

my fish was overcooked both times i did not like it. also for steak people there were no steak knives.

service was good. i also had dinneer in the crepe place and two nights ate in port.

i still love AQ and booked it again

Are the steaks so tough that you need a serrated steak knive?

for that one girl they were. i never had steak of any kind in 2 weeks. my venison was easy to cut buti had a steak knive. my whole life i ate steak with a steak knive that is why we have them. they should be in Blu.

we also had ahi tunu and they had to get me soy sauce and forgot my ginger. next cruise i will go get my own.

Archived