OCruisers ... I didn't forget!

HeatherInFlorida

When you have the time (feel like it), Heather, would you tell us what made it so wonderful? I'm wondering if we would wish to book it. We don't do many ship's short excursions but if this is so enjoyable, I'd like to do it. Thanks.

When you have the time (feel like it), Heather, would you tell us what made it so wonderful? I'm wondering if we would wish to book it. We don't do many ship's short excursions but if this is so enjoyable, I'd like to do it. Thanks.
Since you asked so nicely:) . As a rule, I've been disappointed with ship's shore excursions these days because we just haven't found them to be worth the cost. But we had already been to Tortola more than once and for us time on the water is the most important part of the cruise ... especially since we've visited all these islands so often.

This tour took only 30 people on the catamaran so it wasn't one of those "mass" excursions. We had a 5 minute ride on an open air bus to the marina. Unfortunately the weather looked extremely threatening when we left so we sat undercover on our way over to Norman Island. First we anchored near some rocks and caves and DH and our friends snorkelled off the boat. I'm not fond of snorkelling in deep water so I didn't join them choosing instead to take a thousand pictures:) . After an hour or so, we pulled anchor and made our way to an absolutely delightful beach in a horseshoe shaped bay. There you could order drinks or something to eat (not included). There were some chaises on the beach and the rest of us took chairs from the deck of the "restaurant". I had the most glorious swim there because for some reason the water was far more buoyant even than Half Moon Cay and I hardly even had to move to stay afloat. I felt that I was floating in velvet.

The high point of the tour was on our way back we all asked the Captain if we could sail and he agreed. They hoisted the sails, cut the engines and we enjoyed the most heavenly sail across these magnificent turquoise waters.

All too soon we returned to the marina and back to the ship. We left the ship about 8:15 a.m. and were back on board about 1:30 or so. The tour itself lasted about 4 hours.

I highly recommend this tour and I thank OCruisers for telling me that it would be worth our time. Sail, from the little I know about you I think you would enjoy this. Just writing about it makes me feel a bit better:D .

Thank you, Heather. It sounds wonderful!!

We will definitely be booking that excursion. DH would love it and I know I would as well.

Okay, if you promise not to blame me if it disappoints;) !!! I will add that DH said HMC was the high point of the cruise and this tour on Tortola came a close second. Exhilarating is a word I might use if I were trying to capsulize it (but I rarely capsulize as you may have noticed:o )

We did this tour also, it is all Heather described and more !!!!

The snorkeling was wonderful too, caves were a little scary hehehe, there are pictures posted in my webshots, the resturant was called Pirates! We sailed back to the ship as well and it too was very awesome!

We're Booked!!! :)

Heather .... Know how you feel about your "rec" to S7S because I was a bit worried when I recommended to you and so happy you and your DH enjoyed it! :) For us there was just nothing not to like ... but we like to spend time just sailing in the beautiful islands as much as anything .... For anyone who has been to The Baths a few times, it's a different and very unstressful day!

Sail7Seas .... Really do think you'll have a wonderful time! Heather, Ziggy, and I were all very happy with it!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

hi Heather...it's Cass. Are you posting a thread regarding our cruise? My computer has been on the blink and I just got it up and running again. Boy are we ready for another cruise. I hate seeing a negative next to my "next cruise countdown" time! Was great meeting you. Interested to see how fellow passengers felt about the cruise.

Cass

Archived