Pharmacy Question

Susie

I have an excursion planned for Belize but will be back on the mainland with about 1 1/2 hours to spare before we have to get back to the ship. Will the line at the Pharmacy be too long for me to make my purchase and get back to the ship in time?

Also, I wonder if I were to send an e-mail in advance if they might be able to have my order ready. Has anyone done this by chance?

Many thanks for any tips or info!

There's actually more than one pharmacy available in Belize in the cruise village located at the tender docks. Belize has expanded the dock area dramatically over the past year. You will find the original cruise terminal - then a succession of buildings to the right of it that also offer shopping and pharmacies. From what we saw on our last trip to Belize in May, I think the prices on prescription and non-prescription drugs are about the same at each location.

The walking distance between terminals is only about 7 - 10 minutes at most. Worth checking out the length of lines and prices to see where you are going to purchase your meds.
Dianne

[QUOTE=Cruisin' Patty]Where is the pharmacy and what do I need to bring to purchase?[/QUOTE]
Here's a map for the Belize Tourism Village [url="http://www.belizetourismvillage.com/map.html"]http://www.belizetourismvillage.com/map.html[/url]

and as far as what to bring to purchase ... money! Cash is good, I used a travelers check and I don't know about credit cards.

Just spoke to the clerk at the Pharmacy Express at the Belize Cruise Terminal and she said that I needed to send a money order first. Unbelievable!

Has anyone had experience buying from this pharmacy via telephone or via the internet?

Thanks!

Archived