Radiance of the Seas Hump Cabins

sbalax

We are currently booked in a "non-hump" D1 but a "hump" E1 (7594) has become available. I know the E1 is smaller but would there be any advantage to being on the "hump"? Thanks in advance.

Frank in sunny Santa Barbara:cool:

I'd rather have the extra cabin space---I mean, the "hump" is convenient, and the cabins at the beginning and end of the hump have a bit more room on the balcony, but unless you have alot of people using the balcony, any will be sufficient for 2! The "center humps' on Radiance class have standard size balconies, so check the deck plans before you switch, if you do.

I'd never take an E if a D was available!

I'm looking at 9550 on the Radiance: Right at the front of the ship. Can you advise me? Specifically, would it be really cold/windy -- what other conditions can I anticipate? And, if I decide against that is there a real difference between 7th and 8th floors?

Thanks,

Admiral Nelson

9550 isn't at the very front of the ship--it's in the forward section, but about midway down the hallway from the "hump" of the ship. It should be a fine location. And, I like being on a higher deck--less elevator usage required when going to the pool or WJ.

7594 will have a slightly deeper balcony, but the cabin is smaller....I'd rather have the cabin space than the balcony space. A D balcony is wider than an E--because the room is wider! 7594 is very convenient, but it's 4 flights to the pool....

Either cabin will give you a great experience!

There was some discussion about this on the Roll Call for our two cruises. A couple of people said that the lower you get with the "hump" cabins the more noise you get from the Centrum. Also folks said that the lifeboats are directly below you in most of the Deck 7 cabins. I don't think that's a problem with the hump, though.

We've decided to stay with what we have unless something much better shows up. BTW there was a total of $860.00 reduction ($430 each) last week which RCL took off of our invoice. It pays to watch the prices. I expect there will be at least one more reduction.

Best,

Frank in wet SBA

The hump cabins are partially blocked from the atrium but on the sister Serenade a couple of months ago there was a very happy crowd dancing on 5 every night and I could still hear the music halfway down the starboard aft corridor. I went to the cabin about 11:30 or 12 each night. I never noticed the music when we were on the Radiance last year and our cabin was in almost the same place.

I agree with you though, I'd much rather have the larger cabin and balcony. After an hour or two the lifeboat covers will disappear and not be a problem. You can get used to almost anything on a cruise ship.

Have you thought about waitlisting for a D1 aft? They are really wonderful. Or, if there is another rate drop consider a JS.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived