Rome 110 open bus

Hello, has anyone taken the 110 open tourist bus? I saw an ad for this through one of the threads. It seems better than the HOHO bus as it leaves every 10 minutes as opposed to every 45 minutes. That would seem to lead to less crowded buses :confused: at each stop. The ad says that it is in essence a "jump on jump off" type of bus. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this.

thanx

Hello, has anyone taken the 110 open tourist bus? I saw an ad for this through one of the threads. It seems better than the HOHO bus as it leaves every 10 minutes as opposed to every 45 minutes. That would seem to lead to less crowded buses :confused: at each stop. The ad says that it is in essence a "jump on jump off" type of bus. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this.

thanx

I would take that 10 minutes with a grain of salt. Rick Steves says they run every 30 minutes. He recommends it if you want a 2-hour overview of Rome, but not so much if you want to actually hop off and back on. Also says it can be "mobbed" at times....

I would take that 10 minutes with a grain of salt. Rick Steves says they run every 30 minutes. He recommends it if you want a 2-hour overview of Rome, but not so much if you want to actually hop off and back on. Also says it can be "mobbed" at times....

Not sure when Rick Steves tried it ;) but we used it extensively during the summer and never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. It was an ideal way to see the city and just like any other HOHO bus we've used - i.e. lots of stops at key places, free earphones for commentary.

The good thing about the Rome 110 bus is that, unlike some other cities, it is good for 24 hours from the first time you use it, rather than just until midnight of the same day. We started using ours on our first afternoon in Rome (from Termini) and stayed on the bus for the whole route to get an idea of the city and then continued on it again to the Spanish Steps. We then used it the next morning to take us to the Vatican and then got back on it managed to get from the Vatican to the Colosseum before the 24 hours expired.

thanx

We used the "110" for a day and were very pleased. We bought tickets at the Termini and did the full circle once before we decided to HOHO. Check the route closely as it changes on weekends around the Colosseum. Here are some photos of the 110 and Rome:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2884016380100508273ZePHkD

Archived