RC's current onboard credit + reduced deposit promotion

Does anyone know if the onboard credit promotion means that each cabin would get the onboard credit, or would each booking get it? I ask because there's a group of four of us going, and we wonder if both our cabins would get the credit.

Each stateroom gets the credit. :)

Does anyone know if the onboard credit promotion means that each cabin would get the onboard credit, or would each booking get it? I ask because there's a group of four of us going, and we wonder if both our cabins would get the credit.

Each booking is a cabin

We booked an October cruise using the reduced deposit and were told that we could not receive the onboard credit because we were receiving the Diamond discount - we are Diamond Plus.

Tootsie

I just booked a cruise today and got both the balcony dicount for Diamond and the onboard credit plus the reduced deposit. At least that is what my agent told me after she booked on the phone with Royal Caribbean. I didn't even know about this promo going on, I just wanted to book this cruise I've been thinking about and did it today.

I just booked a cruise today and got both the balcony dicount for Diamond and the onboard credit plus the reduced deposit. At least that is what my agent told me after she booked on the phone with Royal Caribbean. I didn't even know about this promo going on, I just wanted to book this cruise I've been thinking about and did it today.

Please let us know if you do get the diamond discount and OBC plus the reduced deposit. Other posts are saying that cruises booked after Jan 1 can only have one perk..........either D discount or OBC with no combining of benefits. I'm hoping that you did get all of them. :)

fleeflicker,

According to what I read on the Royal Caribbean web sight, it says that in order to get the OBC, you have to reserve between January 5-19, 2009 and it only applys to the selected sailings they have listed there. The reduced deposit was for now until February 28th, 2009. As I said, I had no idea this even was a promo, until I booked today and my agent told me, and I looked at the list and my cruise happed to be one of those that qualified.

Well, I can let you know about the reduced deposit and Diamond discount, when I get the invoice from my agent, probably in a couple of days. As for the OBC, that I won't know until I take the cruise in November, but it is such a minor amount, as the cruise is only 5 days, that even if that part doesn't happen, it won't be a cruise breaker. I was prepared to pay the full deposit amount until my agent told me I qualified for the reduced deposit. I'll sure let you know as I know, but I would think a reduced deposit and Diamond balcony discount are combinable as the reduced deposit isn't a credit of any kind, as I still have to pay up at the end, minus the balcony disount. I have read all the threads in regards to the combinability of this and that, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I quite understand, to this day, what is or what isn't anymore. I let my agent tell me if I qualify or not, as she talks to Royal Caribbean.

Well, I can let you know about the reduced deposit and Diamond discount, when I get the invoice from my agent, probably in a couple of days. As for the OBC, that I won't know until I take the cruise in November, but it is such a minor amount, as the cruise is only 5 days, that even if that part doesn't happen, it won't be a cruise breaker. I was prepared to pay the full deposit amount until my agent told me I qualified for the reduced deposit. I'll sure let you know as I know, but I would think a reduced deposit and Diamond balcony discount are combinable as the reduced deposit isn't a credit of any kind, as I still have to pay up at the end, minus the balcony disount. I have read all the threads in regards to the combinability of this and that, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I quite understand, to this day, what is or what isn't anymore. I let my agent tell me if I qualify or not, as she talks to Royal Caribbean.

Thanks Sheila..........your invoice may show the OBC with a code something like this on the left side ADV2-$200 ONBRDCR

I agree the whole issue of combinability is very confusing. I'd like to see something coming from Royal Caribbean that explains it.

I was able to get the OBC for the Liberty of the Seas on April 25th..I had

booked two balconies and they said that since I got the OBC that I could

not get the $100.00 off on the Balcony cabin. This will be my 10th cruise

with Royal Caribbean and I thought that it would be automatic to get this.

But, they said I could not have them both. Does this sound right to any of

you.

I was able to get the OBC for the Liberty of the Seas on April 25th..I had

booked two balconies and they said that since I got the OBC that I could

not get the $100.00 off on the Balcony cabin. This will be my 10th cruise

with Royal Caribbean and I thought that it would be automatic to get this.

But, they said I could not have them both. Does this sound right to any of

you.

You only get one benefit on cruises booked starting 01/01/09.

You only get one benefit on cruises booked starting 01/01/09.

This was a promotion that they was running from Jan 5-19th. And

I thought on our balcony I was still eligible for the $100 off. I knew

I couldn't get $100 off the other cabin but, no big deal I felt that I got

a great price on the cruise anyway.

Today I received my invoice from my cruise agent and from what I am reading, I got the $100 reduction for the Diamond balcony discount, $50PP on this 5 day cruise and it reads I also get the 50 shipboard credit, plus I only had to pay the reduced deposit of $100 on this promotion, so I am happy.

We booked during the January time perriod. We are Diamond members and were told more than once that we could not get the $100.00 OBC and the $75.00 off for an inside cabin that Diamond members were allowed. We did get the 50% deposit. My TA agency was also giving a $75.00 OBC so we came out ok. In fact price even dropped and they made changes to new price. So all in all I am in a good mood except that it is taking to long for May to get here!

Archived