Chair umbrella???

baxley

I'm leaving on a cruise to the Panama Canal this Friday. I found out that my balcony is uncovered....and I can't sit out in the sun for long periods of time. Has anyone ever taken one of those little umbrellas that attach to the back of the chair? Would the cruiseline allow me to bring it on board? Thanks for your help.

Lorene

I've never heard of this, but I bet it isn't allowed. Ever since there was that fire that started on a balcony, we aren't allowed to leave things out on our balconies. BUT, maybe if you removed it when you left the balcony? Hmmmm. That might work.

Have a great cruise!

I'm leaving on a cruise to the Panama Canal this Friday. I found out that my balcony is uncovered....and I can't sit out in the sun for long periods of time. Has anyone ever taken one of those little umbrellas that attach to the back of the chair? Would the cruiseline allow me to bring it on board? Thanks for your help.

Lorene

Even though I have an umbrella that attaches to a chair, I never brought it on a cruise ship...You just gave me a great idea...Thanks!

I used my rain umbrella once near the pool.

We couldn't find shade.

I had three cases of skin cancer and need to be careful in the sun.

My DH didn't want me to use it on the deck, in fear of being stared at.

I decided to shade myself.

Within in seconds he was under it (plus the gent he is) held it while I drank my Pina Colada. :p

8-13AtPool5.jpg

(excuse the hair - it was a very windy day :o) :D

Archived