Onboard Gifts for Repeat Guests

Cammiem

As I stand here and look out the window at the snow piled up in our backyard, I can't help but wistfully think about being onboard. Turquoise waters. Sandy beaches. SD crew. Endless glasses of champagne. Ahhhhhh.

Thinking about getting back onboard reminded me of the monogrammed PJs guests recieve on the first night. I'm proud to say that I own two pair (and am jealous of those who have more :p:)). I don't wear them very much, except when I'm hinting big-time at DH that I'm ready for another cruise. That, er, would be daily! :D

So, to the point of my post: do you think SD should offer different onboard gifts to repeat guests? Maybe this has been discussed before, but it might be a good idea to talk about it now since changes in leadership have been made at SD.

Good ideas for repeat guest gifts:

1. Discounts larger than 5%

2. Cookbook (I have one, but have not cooked from it...it's just not the same!)

3. Candle holder (the ones on the tables in the Dining Salon, of which I have one & love it!)

4. SDYC tote bag

You get the picture...Any ideas?

Good idea for a new thread Cammien!

I have already shared some of these ideas with SD via my comment cards:

1. Free or discounted Internet access for SDers. This could be based on nights sailed.

2. A wine package credit ... same idea as Ragnar's. DJ's DH and I have suggested a wine package where you can order so many bottles off the reserve list.

3. A Frequent Sailor program where after so many nights on SD you get a free cruise. Seabourn offers this program and it is a great incentive. I know I'd be bugging DJ's DH to book cruises so we could earn that "free" cruise:p.

Just my usual $.02:D

Ragnar:

This is an interesting thread but, in this time of uncertainty and worry, one question is in need of an answer. Did your SD PJs fit???? (You can only worry so much). I like to use my oldest set when I mow the yard. Very comfortable and the neighbors dont bother me much.

All the best,

Jim.

PS, I like DJs free trip idea.

Archived