S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - Pool deck (whatever that name is...)

Cabin # - 2148

Class – Sky Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin? – Listened very hard for noise b/c we were right under the bar area of the Oceanview Bar. Occasional muffled noise that sounded more like it was coming from a chair being dragged on the balcony next cabin over. No great shakes. Wasn't annoyed. However, at 1 am one morning, I was awakened by exhaust smell that took over an hour to clear. Air Tech guy came up to the cabin and said that about 20 cabins are/were affected by this. This happened once b4. Also, b/c we were in the back of the ship, those thrusters, when engaged, really shook the cabin. Wonder what the lower decks felt like? If you are annoyed by the noise of the wake, then don't book this cabin. But I know that my husband and I both fell asleep on the balcony at 1 point or another.....

Balcony View - 180 view. Really large balcony. Great when leaving the ports, as we saw where we were for quite a long time.

Was wind a problem? Not at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not at all.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Nope.

Any other comments? While a suite is great, it's sort of a walk from the elevators to the cabin. It wasn't luxuriously decorated, nice bathroom, we had alot of extra room....We did it once, we were happy with, and will book again, a CC cabin, although being in a suite entitled us to eat in Blu, which my husband liked, for b'fast....He's not an adventurer when it comes to dining.....

I have been reading all the posts but I'm still a little confused about suites and amenities. Some of the posts say that if you are in a suite (i.e., Sky Suite) that you have access to Blu. Others say that is not the case and that you need to pay extra for that restaurant. Does anyone know the ground truth? We are in a Sky Suite and would like to know if Blu is included or not.

Thank you

I have been reading all the posts but I'm still a little confused about suites and amenities. Some of the posts say that if you are in a suite (i.e., Sky Suite) that you have access to Blu. Others say that is not the case and that you need to pay extra for that restaurant. Does anyone know the ground truth? We are in a Sky Suite and would like to know if Blu is included or not.

Thank you

Blu is NOT included in a Sky Suite for dinner, unless you want to pay $5 per person. A Suite does entitle you to BREAKFAST only in Blu--no charge....

Thank you

Please post questions on a separate thread or use the search feature. This sticky is for S class cabin reports, thanks.

Edited by librarylady19

• 2 weeks later...

Ship: Silhouette

Deck - 8

Cabin # 8121

Class – verandah

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - unobstructed view. The bridge wing is up a few decks and forward and if someone was on it, they could see onto the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal Size balcony

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

Deck - 8

Cabin # 8123

Class – verandah

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Balcony View - unobstructed view. The bridge wing is up a few decks and forward and if someone was on it, they could see onto the balcony.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any other comments?

Deck: Vista Deck 8

Cabin: 8353

Class:SV-Veranda

Starboard or Port: Center of back

Bed near: bath

Quiet cabin? Very

Balcony view: Amazing. Loved watching the wake and views leaving each port

Size: normal for SV

Wind a problem? No

Aft cabin, soot a problem? No

Specific problems w/cabin? Being in very back it was a long walk, but the exercise is good.

Any other comments? Really loved the views

Cabin 8349

Ship: Solstice

Deck: Vista Deck 8

Class:SV-Veranda

Starboard or Port: Aft

Bed near: bathroom

Quiet cabin? Very. Only 2 cabins to the right, so very few passers by.

Balcony view: Fabulous. Best yet.

Size: normal for SV

Wind a problem? No

Aft cabin, soot a problem? Not a big problem. There were a few specks but nothing major.

Specific problems w/cabin? There were some signs of wear and tear. Small tear in couch, wardrobe door was sticky. Cabin door had to be closed firmly to lock it.

Any other comments? No.

Deck - 6 continental deck

Cabin # 6255

Class – verandah 2 C

Quiet Cabin – Quiet

Balcony View - obstructed view parcial

Was wind a problem? No.

Any other comments?

Thank you

Please post your questions on the Celebrity board. This thread is for cabin reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 7

Cabin # 7118

Class – verandah

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet although you could feel the thrusters when pulling into/out of port. The anchor being dropped could also be felt/heard in the cabin.

Balcony View - unobstructed view. The bridge wing is up a few decks and forward and if someone was on it, they could see onto the balcony. Also, there is a small ledge below the balcony which obstructed your view directly down towards the water. Not a big deal.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any other comments?

• 2 weeks later...

Deck 11

Cabin #1666

Class : S1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Yes, very quiet as it’s aft, at the end of the hallway. “Connecting” door is actually outside the cabin, more of an alcove, so the cabins remain totally separate.

Balcony View – Terrific view, almost wraparound to the starboard side and aft to see the wake.

Balcony Size? Definitely oversized.

Was wind a problem? No, although it depended on the wind direction relative to the ship’s direction. We had some windy evenings, but still sat out and enjoyed the stars.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Some soot, again it depended on wind direction and direction of travel, but cabin steward had it cleared up each morning. Wear slippers when on the balcony and it’s no problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Some noise from the balcony directly above. As the cabin units are modular, we could hear the toilet flushing next door in the middle of the night.

Any other comments? Generally a very smooth and comfortable cabin. We did have a lot of motion when the ship was manoeuvring into port as the aft/side thrusters make the ship shake quite a bit. Reminded me of a moderate earthquake without the damage!

BTW: Library Lady - thanks for setting up the spreadsheet: it helped us enormously! :)

Deck 11

Cabin #1551

Class : Aqua 1

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Yes, very quiet - mid ships slight noise above sometimes if chairs moved in Aqua Spa cafe but no noise from adjoining cabins.

Balcony View – Despite previous negative comment, the widow washing equipment didn't bother us, it was difficult to take photos from balcony though.

Balcony Size? Adequate, with loungers and a table all of which just fitted the balcony.

Was wind a problem? No, although it depended on the wind direction but still fine to sit out.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Forward mid ships cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Some noise from Aqua Spa cafe which is directly above as staff moved chairs early morning, late evening, otherwise a quiet cabin.

Any other comments? Storage space is an issue particularly drawer space. Storage over the bed difficult to reach. However I understand this is a problem on all Solstice ships. The bathroom has good storage and the shower is excellent, it is a walk in shower. Toiletries are of good quality and replenished as needed.

Thank you for compiling this spreadsheet, we hadn't realised that there could be a problem with the balcony view until I read this just before we sailed as the brochures do not say obstructed view, however luckily it was not as bad as feared and did not mar the holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7197

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – lovely cabin, we could hear the lady on the left (7199) when she was on her mobile but she was quite loud :p. No problem at night

Balcony View - no issue

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1565

Class – Aqua

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any other comments?

Great Cabin good location and very quiet Did not hear any noise from pool above. Enjoyed the overhang as it kept the cabin cool with shade

Sailed July 22, 2012 for 11 night Med cruise

SS Solstice

Deck - 12

Cabin #2116

Class – Sky Suite S2

Starboard Side

Bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (Although Oceanview Café is overhead, no noise coming from that deck. Room was very quiet.)

Balcony View – Unobstructed, full view of ocean.

Balcony Size – 79 sq. ft. Normal for class

Was wind a problem? – No problem with wind or any stack gas or soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin - None

Any other comments – Cabin is highly recommended. Close to main elevators but not next to them. Excellent location.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed August 27th 2012 out of Barcelona

Deck - 8

Cabin - 8279

Class - 1A

Port Side

Bed near bath - good access to wardrobes

Quiet Cabin overall but did hear some noise from elevator due to proximity and the odd noise/squeak during quiet of night

Balcony View – Full view of ocean out and aft, but awkward forward due to angle.

Balcony Size – Large balcony

Was wind a problem? – No problem with wind or any stack gas or soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin - None

Any other comments – Cabin is recommended, proximity to elevators more a convenience than inconvenience.

Deck - 11

Cabin # 1533

Class – AQ Verandah

Balcony View - Unobstructed view. The bridge wing was about 10-15 cabins towards the right, but no impact at all to us.

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all

Any other comments? Based on other S-class reviews of this cabin I was concerned about noise, but this cabin was extremely quiet!!! (and I can hear everything). There was a crew door across the hall to the right, but I never heard anything. Also did not hear anything from above...I think the cabin was under some of the Deck 12 Aqua Spa.

Would stay in the cabin again in an instant!

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6289

Class – 2C

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Occaisionally heard some strange banging from below, sounded like pipes.

Balcony View - "Partially obstructed" was not bad at all. The top of Blu extended out beyond our balcony about 12-14 feet (see pics).

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any other comments? We got assigned this cabin as a GTY booking. For the price, I would stay again in a second.

IMG_1591_s.jpg.b8a144315fb40befc277d7948d23f153.jpg

IMG_1604_s.jpg.2f63163e840c649f6cb2b3444612b153.jpg