S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 1560

Deck #: 11

Class: AQ1

Area: Forward

Bed near: Window

Quiet?: Very quiet

Balcony view: Good. Window washing equipment four cabins forward

Balcony size: Standard

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Loved large overhang on sunny and hot Caribbean 14-day cruise

Ship: Reflection

Cabin #: 1415

Deck #: 10

Class: Concierge C1

Area: Aft

Bed near: closet

Quiet?: yes

Balcony view: the best! Right in the center of the wake

Balcony size: oversized. The one to the left of us looked slightly bigger, but both of the "center afts" on each deck are bigger. Plenty of room for the nice foot stools and table.

Soot a problem?: some soot, but easily wiped off with towel

Problems/comments: I am a big aft cabin fan, and would book this again in a heartbeat. I never understood about the soot issue because I had never had it on Solstice. In hindsight I think it was because our attendant did a better job keeping it cleaned. This attendant on Refection did not pay as much attention. It was an easily solved problem though. We just wiped chairs off before sitting. No one spect of soot on clothes!

Location perfect--provides some forced exercise, yet only 2 floors down from fitness area and 3 floors down from pool, buffet, aqua spa cafe.

Lovely linens and amenities typical of concierge class. This is a connecting cabin with door in wall across from bathroom. Could be great if traveling with friends/family because you could open up the balconies and have one huge one or problematic if had a noisy neighbor. We never heard a peep.

Cabin #: 6301

Deck #: 6

Class: 2C

Area: Aft - Port side

Bed near: closet

Balcony view: This balcony overlooks an overhang that goes out about 12-15 feet from the end of the balcony. Though it's not on the specific list of cabins that offer an obstructed view, I would consider this an obstruction to the view of the water below.

Balcony size: Oversized

Problems/comments: Balconies in this location (aft) on Deck 6 are partially exposed to balconies above. Because of this, and the overhang obstruction, I would choose a balcony cabin on Deck 8 or above. Deck 7 wouldn't have anyone from above looking down, but that large deck/overhang that jets out from Deck 6 will still partially obstruct views of the water below in the aft part of the ship.

Because this cabin is so far aft, it is in an incredibly quiet part of the ship -- very little foot traffic, and no engine sounds made for sound sleeping every night!

Edited by TravlGrl

Ship:Eclipse

Cabin #: 2155

Deck #: 12

Class: S2

Bed near: Bathroom

Quiet?: Occasional scraping of chairs could be heard from above.

Balcony view: Wonderful aft view. Balcony is slightly to the port side of center

Balcony size: While it has been reported that this is a standard size balcony, it isn't. As with some of the aft rooms, it has three glass panels (standard has two) which makes it longer (from left to right) than normal. Plenty of room to spread out a bit.

Wind a problem?: No wind issues.

Soot a problem?: None

Problems/comments: Balcony is completely covered

Cabin #: 9376

Deck #:9

Class: S1

Area: 300 sf

Bed near: Veranda

Quiet?: Yes, except for toilets being flushed at night

Balcony view: aft and starboard

Balcony size: 79 sf

Soot a problem?: Yes

Problems/comments: For us, this is just about the perfect cabin. Lots of room and storage. Aft location encourages walking which we need. Go to this discussion thread to see photos: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1746981

We did have a lot of soot on the balcony and had to put down towels on the chairs to avoid stains to clothing. It was hard for the cabin attendants to clean without splashing water on the balcony below. They tried their best and cleaned it with wet towels and mops but it was still a problem. There is a support pole near the left side of the bed that I got used to pretty fast. Not a problem, really. Helped me get out of bed at night. The sound of toilets being flushed, especially at night, was pretty loud but that was true all over the ship.

The central mirror in the bath is heated so it does not fog up during showers. Nice feature we had not seen before. We will stay in this cabin again in a heart beat.

Cabin #: 2177

Deck #:12

Bed near: Bathroon

Quiet?: Yes, except for noise from Cabin 2179 which had major issues

Balcony view: aft and some forward

Problems/comments First S2 port side nearest the elevators The only problem we had with the room was the ambient noise coming from the next cabin 2179 which was occupied by friends of ours. If they fix 2179 then 2177 is a great cabin. We did not hear excessive water noise in our cabin.

Cabin #: 2179

Bed near: Bathroom

Quiet?: Not at all, a major problem with the cabin during the TA sailing but hopefullly fixed by now

Balcony view: aft and some forward

Problems/comments: Second S2 port side nearest the elevators.

This cabin had major problems during the Transatlantic voyage. On day 2 of the cruise, the cabin started having continuous noise in the ceiling and the walls that was extremely loud, and notthe usual creaks and wind sounds of a new ship. On at least five separate attempts on different days, the engineers unscrewed every panel in the cabin, added additional cabin supports on the wall between cabins 2179 and 2177, and tried to fix the overhead insulation to quiet the cabin. The guest relations manager and the hotel director were both up in the cabin and finally figured out they could not fix the cabin until it reached Miami and they completely took the cabin apart. Since the cabins were slotted into the ship in modules, this one was one of a few that were not properly adjusted. This was a friend's cabin and there was not a single available empty cabin on the ship for them to sleep in. Celebrity did give them a large cabin credit for a future cruise as compensation, as you could not have slept through the night with the noise level even with them using ear plugs and noise canceling headsets provided by Celebrity.

I am sure that they will have fixed it in Miami, but it was not a good cabin for my friends on the TA

Cabin #: 2207

Class: C2

Area: Port

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: Connected but this was not the problem. It was awfully loud from the Oceanview Café above during nights. But only during nights. It was like they were moving around furniture at midnight and again around 3am and again around 5am. Almost every night. Talked to guest relation which were very understanding, but unfortunally couldn't do a thing about it. But we received a 200$ onboard gratitude for this transatlantic crossing which we invested in the wine cellar and had an almost perfect first cruise!

Balcony view: Obscured but view was perfect

Balcony size: Standard

Problems/comments: Besides the noise from above a very convenient location, but we would prefer a different stateroom next time.

Celebrity Reflection

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1229color.gif

Class – Concierge C1

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized (angled on hump)

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Cabin squeaks near door during sea swells.

Any other comments?

Great location near elevators/library mid ship.

Linda

Edited by las928

Cabin #: 1601

Class: A1

Area: Port on hump near aft elevators

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet?: Yes, except mild noise from adjacent vacu-flush toilets and occasional water drainage. Not enough to wake us at night or bother us during the day.

Balcony view: Forward and unobstucted. Great view along port side of ship.

Problems/comments: Wonderful AQ room with oversized balcony and separated from pool deck by deck 12. No problem storing 3 large suitcases of clothes using part of the overhead.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6214

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very, very quiet. No noise other than the person above us who obsessively paced all hours of the night. (Obviously not the ship's fault.)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view, but you cannot see straight down. Lifeboats to left and right, and a large white container below, none of which bothered us. It was interesting to be able to see these things, actually.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized to the max!

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? What a room! Largest balcony on the hump. We would book it again in a second, and would be disappointed if we were unable to!

Cabin #: 9268

Deck #: 9

Class: 1A

Area: starboard, mid-ship-just off elevators and game room

Bed near: balcony

Balcony view: side-can see towards front and rear

Balcony size: over-size

Wind a problem?: no

Soot a problem?: no

Problems/comments: excellent quiet location. Great for anyone with mobility issues. Convenient to aft elevators (mid-ship) but not too far to walk to either end of ship. Highly recommend

Ship: REFLECTION

Cabin #: 3160

Deck #: 3

Class: INSIDE CABIN--CATEGORY 12

Bed near: Center of the cabin....closer to the bathroom

Quiet?: YES

Balcony view: N/A

Balcony size: N/A

Wind a problem?: N/A

Soot a problem?: N/A

Problems/comments

This was the first inside I have booked in quite a few years and I would

book this deck in the future if I do an inside or window again. It was

VERY QUIET and near The Passport Bar and Guest Relations. I slept

GREAT:)

She is a lovely ship:)

Deck - 7

Cabin # -7210

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. At first concerned because there was a baby crying. We could hear it in the hallway, but not in the cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Above lifeboats but view was fine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Cabin #: 9237

Deck #: 9

Class: 1A

Area: Port side, 1st cabin off hump

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Great view

Problems/comments: Great cabin location near the elevators and stairs.

Cabin #: 3149

Deck #: 3

Class: Category 8 Oceanview

Area: Near Guest Relations

Quiet?: Mostly Yes - see comments

Balcony view: NA

Balcony size: NA

Wind a problem?: NA

Soot a problem?: NA

Problems/comments: Crew Door located directly across from Cabin. Some door slamming heard. If you are a light sleeper, I suggest choosing a location a few cabins forward of 3149.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 1653

Class: AQ 2

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony view: Not obstructed

Balcony size: Regular - 2 chairs and footstools, 1 round table

Problems/comments: No problems with cabin, location is quite a distance from Blu

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 1614

Class: RS

Area: Midships, starboard

Bed near: Bath, closet

Quiet?: Yes.

Balcony view: Not obstructed

Balcony size: 153 sq ft; small round table, 2 chairs, chaise lounge, jacuzzi

Problems/comments: Beautiful room; some noise from 12th deck that sounded like pool cots being pushed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by HickoryShampoo

Ship: Century

Cabin: 9191

Deck: 9

Class: Concierge Class

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet: Yes

Balcony View: Unobstructed

Wind a Problem: No

Soot a Problem: No

Problems/Comments: We would book this Stateroom again. Elevators and stairs are located aft just right of the stateroom and were very convenient to the Cafe and Pool area as well as the dining room.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 7108

Deck #: 7

Class: FV Family Oceanview with Veranda

Area: Forward Facing

Bed near: Window

Quiet?: Yes most of the time, except lots of noise when docking or anchoring.

Balcony view: Partially obstructed by ships structure

Balcony size: regular sized balcony but 50% in an alcove due to ships structure

Wind a problem?: No, very protected from wind

Problems/comments: Brilliant cabin for families as there are 2 separate bedrooms plus the living room - cabin size approx 575 sq ft. The balcony is the main negative as it is about 50% obstructed, but it's worth the average balcony for the great internal cabin features. 2 large forward facing windows in living room and main bedroom. Lots of noise and vibration when docking or anchoring but generally only lasted around 15 minutes.

Link to cabin photos:

Edited by Ando

i want to check back periodically, and cannot ever seem to find the spreadsheet without hunting thru posts til i find a link....can anyone help?

I will ask Host Andy if he can get it posted in the first page of the thread. I have the link in my signature but that's not the most obvious way for people to locate it.

once you save the Google doc link on your computer you will always have the most up to date version.