Emerald Princess Aft Balcony

rnff2

Just booked an aft balcony, E735 on the Emerald. I was told by the TA that the beds could not be made into a queen b/c we have 3 people in our cabin. (the 3rd person is a 4yr old). Has anyone ever heard this?

Thanks Kerri

In addition to my first post I thought I'd add that the TA told me that the Princess Rep stated that no beds in any aft balcony could be put together even with only 2 people in the room. Kinda sounds strange to me...any thoughts on this.

Thanks Kerri.

Kerry,

The answer to the first question is that officially the computers won't allow the lowers to be combined when an upper bunk is in use for safety reasons. People and their stewards come to another agreement all the time onboard.

As to the second, well, your TA is mistaken. There are a few specifically marked rooms where the lowers cannot be combined, but your room is not one of them, nor does that apply to 'all the aft balconies' as she said. I suggest you ask her to clarify this (perhaps you misunderstood? or she misspoke?) but if she persists, ask her to point out which deckplan she is using and where it says that...because the Jan 1 deckplan does not show that:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ep/deck_plans/ep_emerald.html

She might be confusing the triangle (signifying triple occupancy) with the asterisk (signifying nonconverting twins)

Archived