(Pride?) Is there any truth to following statement?

secordwest

I have been on the Pride 3 times and never had any problems! Never felt more motion than any other ship I been on. As for my stateroom, no problems there either.....Maybe their room was in a really bad location?:confused: I would go on the Pride again right now if I could!:p

that statement holds true on every ship I have been on.:D They rock, They roll, and yes, those engines are on the stern of the ship. If i didnt feel them run, then I would worry.......or have to get rowing!:cool: When the bow thrusters are used, yep, the ship shakes. YEE HAW... shaken, rattle and roll!

Of the four Carnival ships I've been on, the Conquest moved the most and the Pride moved the least. However, none of them moved enough to complain about. They are ships, you are on the water and you are at the mercy of the storms and rough seas. The person who posted the message about the Pride was sadly misinformed.

Philosophers are interested in a constellation of issues involving the concept of truth.
from
[url]http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/t/truth.htm[/url]

This article is primarily concerned with truth
from
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth[/url]

Having been on the Spirit, Pride, Legend and the Zuiderdam twice (very similar design) I feel I can offer an opinion on this. I never noticed any rocking - ever. The front of the ship did bob up a down a bit in rough sea (book mid-ship or back and avoid it).

At full speed the lower level in the extreme rear of the dining room had some vibration. Recently, they started slowing the ship down a bit during dinner so that's not a problem anymore.

In my opinion, the Spirit Class vessels are the best in the fleet. Lots of balconies at good prices and an excellent space to passenger ratio. An added bonus is the wonderful supper club and a nice layout of the food court on the lido deck.

We sail again on the Legend this week and plan to sail the Zuiderdam this summer.

Lou

Our only cruise was on the Pride, and we LOVED it! We did have rough seas on our last day and we definitely felt the rockin' and rollin' then, but as the previous poster stated: you are at the mercy of the seas on ANY ship. The rest of our cruise was smooth and wonderful. I would go on the Pride again in a minute!

[quote name='secordwest']I found this on another board, obviously not a Carnival board. "I would not take the Pride, that ship rocks and sways and you feel the noise from the engine in your cabin and in the dining room."[/QUOTE]

I did cruise on the Pride and the only thing I can say is that when in the dining room, a couple of nights when we were at full speed my ice was clinking in my glass from the vibration. There was also a review on the Pride from somebody who was in an aft cabin who had to remove their phone from its place because it vibrated too much to sleep.

She said "Neither of us slept well last night. There was a tremendous amount of noise and vibration. It felt like I was on an airplane with extremely heavy turbulence. The only difference was that we only went side to side, not up and down. At one point, we unplugged the phones because they were bouncing up and down on the headboard and the desk in the living room. I expected more noise and vibration on the aft but NEVER this much. I think we were both pretty cranky in the morning. I am one who has a difficult time sleeping when it is quiet. I prefer the TV on all night long. But, this noise was ridiculous and I couldn't call the ship's captain and ask him to shut off the engine." You can find the thread here:
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729[/url]

Here is my "live" account from when I was on the ship. [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=40006"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=40006[/url]

With that said, I would cruise on her again. :D

When I was on USNavy ships, which are not know for their stability. They rocked and rolled in natural motions which rocked one to sleep. On cruise ships with wings (Stabalizers) it is more of a herky jerky motion.

IMHO
In My Hauty Opinion

Our last night on the Pride the ship rocked and rolled unbelievably. We were bounced from wall to wall in the hallways. The motion was fierce, but maybe that was due to the 40 FOOT SWELLS we were cruising through.

Seriously, some people experience a rough patch at sea and then blame the ship. Trust me, if there are 30-40 foot swells, any ship will move! The rest of our Pride trip was smooth sailing!

There is some truth to it. I haven't been on the Pride, but I have cruised to Mx a few times.
The truth is that the Pacific ocean is rougher. Hey, there is a reason why the beaches out there are surfable! It doesn't matter what kind of ship you are on, you are most likely to get more rock'in out there because of where it is. All you have to do is look out your window and gaze at the waves in the ocean. If you don't like it, don't cruise the pacific!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]The Pride is a beautiful ship! We're getting on it's sister ship--Spirit--tomorrow![/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Pacific can be a bit rough at times, but we noticed no vibrations and though the ship moved a bit it just reminds you you ARE on a ship.[/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Can't believe anyone wouldn't want to sail on the Pride again...large cabins, lovely public areas and great service!:) [/size][/font]

[quote name='mohavemommy']There was also a review on the Pride from somebody who was in an aft cabin who had to remove their phone from its place because it vibrated too much to sleep.

She said "Neither of us slept well last night. There was a tremendous amount of noise and vibration. It felt like I was on an airplane with extremely heavy turbulence. The only difference was that we only went side to side, not up and down. At one point, we unplugged the phones because they were bouncing up and down on the headboard and the desk in the living room. I expected more noise and vibration on the aft but NEVER this much. I think we were both pretty cranky in the morning. I am one who has a difficult time sleeping when it is quiet. I prefer the TV on all night long. But, this noise was ridiculous and I couldn't call the ship's captain and ask him to shut off the engine." You can find the thread here:
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42729[/url]
[/QUOTE]This was taken from my review of the cruise. While we had a lot of noise and vibration the first night, the rest of the nights were great. We were told that the seas are rougher until you are south of Cabo. They were right, as soon as we passed Cabo, there were no problems.

I will tell you that even knowing what I know now, I would jump at the chance for this cabin if it was the only aft wrap around left. The cabin and its huge balcony were awesome and now I don't want to take another cruise without this type of cabin. I can sleep at home. I'm on a cruise to relax and enjoy the sun and activites.

[quote name='secordwest']I found this on another board, obviously not a Carnival board.

"I would not take the Pride, that ship rocks and sways and you feel the noise from the engine in your cabin and in the dining room."[/QUOTE]
Maybe they meant [i]PRIDE of ALOHA:D [/i]

We had outside main deck near mid ship and noticed very little movement, but I think the first day is probably a little rougher and our last sea day coming back from Mex Riv was windy and a little rough. No worse than Summit, Statendam, Rhapsody

We took the Pride on a detoured trip to San Francisco last year and encountered 40 mile/hr winds. Talk about the ship listing to one side for a great length of time, but when it rocks it was a nice smooth motion and really not herky jerky. What I didn't like was the "Titanic" creaking while the ship was rocking. Somewhat of an unsettling sound.......But definitely would take her again!

We were on the Pride last year off the coast of Belize. That evening it became very windy. We stopped by the cabin after dinner and I tuned in the information channel on the TV which has the wind and temperature, map, etc. The winds were 55 kts. at the top of the ship! There was no motion and the ship was amazingly stable. We tried to go out on deck that night but it was impossible to walk because of the strong winds. Again, the ship was very stable and little motion. I was amazed.

Archived