Anyone had problems with ezcruiseparking in Galveston?

douglinc@msn.com

I went to their web-site and filled out the reservation form for our cruise on 2-6-05, all went well until I tried to pay, then it gave me an error. I called ezcruiseparking and the lady told me that sometimes it just did that and it went thru anyway. She would check on it and call me back in a few minutes. Well since then I have called 4 times and all I get is their voice mail "leave message and we will get back with you" .......no one has returned my calls. I have sent 4 e-mail messages & all I get is .....we will answere soon. All I want to do is confirm payment.
Doug

[quote name='douglinc@msn.com']I went to their web-site and filled out the reservation form for our cruise on 2-6-05, all went well until I tried to pay, then it gave me an error. I called ezcruiseparking and the lady told me that sometimes it just did that and it went thru anyway. She would check on it and call me back in a few minutes. Well since then I have called 4 times and all I get is their voice mail "leave message and we will get back with you" .......no one has returned my calls. I have sent 4 e-mail messages & all I get is .....we will answere soon. All I want to do is confirm payment.
Doug[/QUOTE]
We used them for our last cruise Oct. 31 and were very pleased. I had made the reservation some months before the cruise and paid with cc. Shortly before the cruise I emailed to confirm that every thing was ok and received a very quick response via email. Will definitely use them again.

I am having trouble getting them to call me back as well. The voice mail was full once. Another time they were busy and said they would call back and they didn't, etc. I will try again.

Fighterone, you can check out their prices on [url="http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/"][font=Arial][color=#0000ff]http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/[/color][/font][/url][font=Arial] [/font]

We had so many problems when we tried using EZCruise Parking. We waited in the parking lot for the "shuttle" for 1 hr and 45 minutes. The shuttle attendant was not shuttling people in the order they arrived, it was just a "free for all" to get on the shuttle, and it always filled up so quickly. We almost missed embarkation because of those idiots!!!!!

I think my girlfriend and I made out like bandits for our upcoming cruise.

We are spending the night before the cruise at the HarborHouse Hotel (rooms for $80 a night) spending $8 for parking that night. Then for the duration of our cruise the parking is $20. Not a bad deal at all. I don't know if they open the parking up to people not staying with them.

It is only 4 blocks from the pier, so our intentions are to drive over, drop off the luggage, then I will drive back, park the car and walk over to the pier.

:P

[quote name='Robert Paulson']I think my girlfriend and I made out like bandits for our upcoming cruise.

We are spending the night before the cruise at the HarborHouse Hotel (rooms for $80 a night) spending $8 for parking that night. Then for the duration of our cruise the parking is $20. Not a bad deal at all. I don't know if they open the parking up to people not staying with them.

It is only 4 blocks from the pier, so our intentions are to drive over, drop off the luggage, then I will drive back, park the car and walk over to the pier.

:P[/QUOTE]
They do have a bus that can take you over!

[quote name='Jason Shipley']We had so many problems when we tried using EZCruise Parking. We waited in the parking lot for the "shuttle" for 1 hr and 45 minutes. The shuttle attendant was not shuttling people in the order they arrived, it was just a "free for all" to get on the shuttle, and it always filled up so quickly. We almost missed embarkation because of those idiots!!!!![/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I think this is just the standard M.O. for the non-port parking lots. We parked in the Dolphin lot in May, and had the same problems. We got there at 10:30, but didn't get on a shuttle until after 12 because the people who were just pulling into the parking lot were grabbing all the shuttle space (they didn't start shuttling until after 11). We finally had to literally run some of them over to get on, and when they huffed, we just said,"Look, we've been here for over an hour, you can just wait!" It was a nightmare. I'm booked with EZ for my next cruise, but I may just forget the shuttle and walk, especially since I found out that EZ doesn't start shuttling until 11 also.

[quote name='aggieastrosfan']Unfortunately, I think this is just the standard M.O. for the non-port parking lots. We parked in the Dolphin lot in May, and had the same problems. We got there at 10:30, but didn't get on a shuttle until after 12 because the people who were just pulling into the parking lot were grabbing all the shuttle space (they didn't start shuttling until after 11). We finally had to literally run some of them over to get on, and when they huffed, we just said,"Look, we've been here for over an hour, you can just wait!" It was a nightmare. I'm booked with EZ for my next cruise, but I may just forget the shuttle and walk, especially since I found out that EZ doesn't start shuttling until 11 also.[/QUOTE]Thats weird!!When we used EZ the first time they took us over at 8:00 when we got there!!And they also did it on 11-11-04 when we went on the Ecstasy!!

Here is the trick to using EZparking. Drop your luggage off at the terminal first and then drive to the parking lot. You can walk back to the ship from there since it is only about 2 blocks. Disembarkation is when having them carry you AND your luggage back to your car saves so much time. I used them for my last cruise and I was parked and back at the ship before they even started shuttling people to the terminal.

[quote name='davidaperryman']Here is the trick to using EZparking. Drop your luggage off at the terminal first and then drive to the parking lot. You can walk back to the ship from there since it is only about 2 blocks. Disembarkation is when having them carry you AND your luggage back to your car saves so much time. I used them for my last cruise and I was parked and back at the ship before they even started shuttling people to the terminal.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I plan on doing. Glad to know it's not such a crazy idea after all.

Hi, David!:)

[url="http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/2003-12-11/news/news2.html"]http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/2003-12-11/news/news2.html[/url]

Here is an interesting look at what is causing some of the parking issues.
I don't know if you guys caught EZ's reply to the poster who was slamming them pretty good yesterday,but in it,he also stated that this (content in the article link) has already caused Dolphin to go out of business.They were opened in Sept,and I have not heard anyone mention they were closed.?

We used them on our 9/19/04 Rhapsody cruise and would use them again with only one small change. We would also drop off the luggage at the terminal first and then drive back to the parking lot to leave the car and then walk back. What we did when we arrived back in Galveston was DH walked to the parking lot and I stayed with the luggage at the terminal. He then drove over to the terminal to pick me up. It was much quicker than waiting for the shuttle.

Archived