Seattle airport transfers

daffodiliaz

Does anyone know how much NCL charges for r/t airport-ship transfers? Are the buses used for NCL passengers only, or for all cruiselines (3 ships depart Seattle May 17), meaning would the bus stop at more than one pier? Is there any real benefit to using the NCL transfer? Or would it be easier to take a cab from airport (cost about $40 each way?)?

Thanks.

Does anyone know how much NCL charges for r/t airport-ship transfers? Are the buses used for NCL passengers only, or for all cruiselines (3 ships depart Seattle May 17), meaning would the bus stop at more than one pier? Is there any real benefit to using the NCL transfer? Or would it be easier to take a cab from airport (cost about $40 each way?)?

Thanks.

If you take the bus, then you need to wait for the entire bus to fill up with the passengers and for them to load the luggage underneath the bus. Then when you get to the terminal, all 50 people get off at once. When you take a cab, you get your luggage, get a cab (which is easy, btw, they are waiting in a special area for you at SEA) and go.

But if you take the NCL bus, to you have to stand in line at the baggage checkin at the cruise terminal? I ask because when we took the NCL Sky out of Seattle years ago, we had to stand in a long line to check our bags, then we had to stand in an even longer line that squiggled inside the building and out the front door, then we had another long line to board the ship. Perhaps the process has gotten more efficient in the last 6 years? If your ship was departing at 4, what time would you arrive at the cruise terminal to avoid the big crowd?

But if you take the NCL bus, to you have to stand in line at the baggage checkin at the cruise terminal? I ask because when we took the NCL Sky out of Seattle years ago, we had to stand in a long line to check our bags, then we had to stand in an even longer line that squiggled inside the building and out the front door, then we had another long line to board the ship. Perhaps the process has gotten more efficient in the last 6 years? If your ship was departing at 4, what time would you arrive at the cruise terminal to avoid the big crowd?

We were on the Pearl to Alaska last year. We got to the terminal at around 11:30 a.m. The lines weren't bad at all. Check on the Seattle boards for more advice.

We thought we would be early to avoid the too croud but we found out otherwise. The doors won't open until it's time. If you get there early you will be in the way of the people getting off the ship from the previous cruise. Last summer all our advance time was wasted. Seattle Bell Street is a great new terminal with a lot of personal. In short, the next time we go back, we will get there about the time the doors open of maybe 30 minutes later. I do believe we waited longer outside than we did inside. You will love this terminal....................rrh

I inquired about the transfers with my TA and was told since I booked my own air I could not purchase the transportaion in Seattle. I thought that was pretty odd but oh well.

Pg 95 of the NCL brochure states "cruise-only guests who schedule their own flights and want to purchase transfers should contact our reservations department..." It just didn't say how much, but another kind person posted that info. Sounds like for a party of 2 the cost will be the same for ncl transfer vs. cab.

the taxi is very easy, just continue out the baggage area. the taxi stand is right out that door. 20 min drive.

while we were getting our luggage, we asked a NCL rep (has a stand in the baggage pick up area)..we could have taken a transer with them. if they have room, they put you on the next bus. BUT the taxi is much easier, no waiting.

NCL transfer or not, you are still going to have to stand in line to check-in for the cruise.

I called NCL yesterday to find out transfer price for our Alaska Cruise in May they told me $25 one way per person from Cruise Pier to Airport....that comes out to a lot specially when there is 6 of us...we're just going to get cab service.

Two things:

1. If you are not in a rush to catch a plane after the cruise, you can take the Seattle City Tour excursion (through NCL) - which is $25 to $30 and includes dropoff at the airport afterwards. We did it and for 3 hours it was good considering the NCL bus only to the airport was the same price.

2. From the airport to the pier, you can take GrayLine's Seattle Downtown Airporter. We did and it was very convenient. You can reserve online and the pickup is right outside baggage claim. If you get off at the Warwick Hotel stop it's maybe a 10 minute walk (the hill is a bit steep). Price is $11 one way or $18 roundtrip per adult For $3 extra per person they'll take you right to the pier.

http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

Howard

Archived