braemar - 2 April 2009

sealegs57

We just booked the April 2 - 16 cruise. This will be our second cruise, although we travel often. I know of a great website of reviews that I have been reading, but I am not sure if this board allows me to post other sites. My name is Aaron, 30y M, my wife is Juana, ??y F. We hope to meet some of you onboard.

Hi aaron

This is our second cruise - first one was to Alaska 4 years ago with Holland America- it was great but looking forward to some heat this time! I know it won't be the 5 star treatment we had with HA but we got a good price and we're quite easy to please.

Buy the way I'm Margy and the other half is Simon - probably will bump into you at some point - its quite a small ship!

Cheers:)

This will be our 3rd cruise. The first cruise was on the Carnival Pride, with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan. The ship was great, especially the food. Our second was aboard EasyCruise, through the Greek islands for 14 days. That cruise did not include any food or drinks, it was pretty much a floating hotel. They had restaurants but they charged and we had a great time. I think I preferred Easycruise because they had long port stops (sometimes from 8AM until 4AM) I have been to Barbados for one week and hope all of the other stops are as beautiful as Barbados was. If you guys want to take advantage of every minute at port, I recommend visiting Tripadvisor.com and looking at the forum for each town we will be visiting. You will see the most common answers to the question "we will be in (insert name of town here) for 10 hours, what are the one or two must do activities? They were very helpful in our trips to Greece and Italy.

Thanx - will check it out - have used Trip advisor several times - picked up some really useful tips when we were planning a safari in Kenya last year. WE will probably do our own thing when in port- rather than the trips offered by FO but as you say you need to Know how to make the most of the time there. However we are keen to do the FO swimming with dolphins - any idea if you need to book this before or during cruise?:)

It wasn't a full refurb Belfastlad. I gather it had the equivalent of a 'cut and shut', a new middle section was put in between the bow and the stern (look at that, I've even started learning the sailing lingo - well I have if that means the front and the back). Isn't that what they do with stretch limo's? Hope you and I don't get rough seas, might end up with the ship in 3 bits :eek:

Apparently, though it can now carry a few hundred more passengers, not all the facilities have been enlarged so can't now cope (theatre for example).

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked this cruise. We are from Texas and we understand not many "yanks" on board.

We are from the north of England & look forward to meeting you, we have not been with Fred Olsen before but understand they are a realy good company.It won't be long now so hope to see you soon.

HI Sunderland Sam

We are also from the NOrth and flying from Manchester- 4 weeks to go! :) Can't wait. WE've just booked a couple of shore excursions and going to leave the rest till we get there and play it by ear - what about you? What currency are you taking with you - we don't know whether to just take US $ or some EC$ as well. Anybody any advice?:confused:

This is only our 2nd cruise too, last year we went on P & Os Ventura to the Canary's, we had a great time but thought we would try a smaller ship this time.A friend told us she changes her money on the ship others have said to take American dollars so we are not sure what to do.We have booked shore trips with F.O. as we haven't been before.We are leaving from Newcastle.Look forward to seeing you soon, heres to a Happy Holiday.Best Wishes from S.Sam:)

Archived