braemar - 2 April 2009

sealegs57

Hi Long shot 45 and thom65

We fly from Manchester (England) at 9.30, so allowing for the time difference could expect to land, all being well at about 2.30 US time. By the time we get through US Border Control etc etc and collect our luggage, we would hope to be on board about 4.30 ish. I think we are the first flight out from the UK. We were on this very same cruise on 5th February - how keen are we?????

See you on deck then at the sailaway party.

Glitterbabe

There will be casual, smart casual, formal and theme nights. Casual and Smart Casual are not much different except that men will be expected to wear either a tie or a jacket for Smart Casual. We usually dress as we would if we were going out to a restaurant at home if that helps - no jeans or tee-shirts. Long trousers and shirt for men and ladies skirt/trousers and top or dress.

WE read in the Fred Olsens A-z of cruising that in the caribbean there are no informal/smart casual nights - just elegant casual which means open neck shirts for men. Also on the tickets it doesn't mention informal nights - just 3 formal and the 3 theme nights. Will my hubby be ok with no ties/jacket (apart from his DJ of course?)

Not long to go now - Happy Holidays:)

Hi there - having cruised the Caribbean on Fred Olsen many times, all I can say is that my own father was refused entry to the restaurant as he was not wearing a tie or a jacket. If you don't take a tie then the Maitre'd does keep spares which he will let your husband borrow.

Getting excited now!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived