Shaving your legs....

starrian

Our shower had a stall door. It was the standard size shower, I think. The shower head can be hand held if that helps any. But you do have to try to balance yourself. It would be nice if they just put a little ledge in one corner of the shower for that purpose...LOL!

I've actually sat on the toilet lid, put down the shower mat in front of the sink, hoisted and lathered my leg from the sink (or actually was standing while lathering....lol), ran a teensy stream of water and sat there and shaved and dripped. I then jumped into the shower and rinsed that way......not too hard or messy but not *quite* like home ;) I found it easier than doing it in the shower, half bent over, hitting my head on the rack on the wall, etc.... .

I've actually sat on the toilet lid, put down the shower mat in front of the sink, hoisted and lathered my leg from the sink (or actually was standing while lathering....lol), ran a teensy stream of water and sat there and shaved and dripped. I then jumped into the shower and rinsed that way......not too hard or messy but not *quite* like home ;) I found it easier than doing it in the shower, half bent over, hitting my head on the rack on the wall, etc.... .

Now this is a great mental picture!!!

Use Nair the day you sail and you should be good for the week.

Definitely test Nair on one small patch of skin before going all out with using it all over your legs. For my first cruise, several of my gal friends and I tried it. I don't have very sensitive skin, but I had a horrible reaction to Nair. It was not a pretty sight. Thankfully we drove from Indiana to Miami to board (never again - 26 hour drive!), so by the time we boarded my legs were okay.

I suppose I'm the odd person out, I've never had a problem with it. I do, however, shave when the ship isn't moving, like in the morning when we get to port, or before the ship sails away, I can hardly stand to even just shower on a moving ship :o.

Definitely test Nair on one small patch of skin before going all out with using it all over your legs. For my first cruise, several of my gal friends and I tried it. I don't have very sensitive skin, but I had a horrible reaction to Nair. It was not a pretty sight. Thankfully we drove from Indiana to Miami to board (never again - 26 hour drive!), so by the time we boarded my legs were okay.

I agree, I get awful reactions from nair, and it does not last for a week.

I agree....my method too!

I have done this too..although not on a cruise ship but at home.

This post made me laugh today...I was actually wondering the other night how I would manage to shave my legs while on the cruise...

I sit on the toilet (seat down) with my sink full of water, my razor and a wet soapy washcloth. For me, this works. I just have to be careful to wring out the washcloth so I don't drip.

This is what I do on cruises, and at home too actually. I don't like shaving in the shower while the water's running because I feel it wastes a lot of water.

I suppose I'm the odd person out, I've never had a problem with it. I do, however, shave when the ship isn't moving, like in the morning when we get to port, or before the ship sails away, I can hardly stand to even just shower on a moving ship :o.

Hey Kathy:)I am the other odd one out...even odder than you;)

I shave the evening before I leave and my legs are fine for the entire

cruise.

So I don't concern myself with shaving while I am on board.

Whoever mentioned the spa area is correct though. The showers

in there are very large with lots of room.

I have done it this way, and I have also used the toilet seat as the foot rest. Both ways work fine.

Archived