LIVE from the Ruby 1/24-1/31

Av8tor

Enjoy the Chef's Table - we were on board last week and were selected for the Chef's Table as well!

Oh, I meant to congratulate you, as well. We did it on the Ruby, as well, and it was a wonderful experience.

Isn't Generoso just the nicest man? You'll enjoy his input at the Chef's table, as well. And, if Rui participates as he did for ours ..., well ..., he's just a kick. I know you'll have a wonderful time. ;)

Wish we were back on board!

Me too! :( ;)

Enjoy the cruise.....we will be sailing the Ruby in March and are really looking forward to it!!

Not really fair that B2B cruisers can sign up for chefs table the week before. They should have to sign up on the first day of cruise like everyone else. This is a huge disadvantage to those just boarding. I hope they add a 2nd seating for you.

That is too bad about the seafood buffet being gone. My ds was so looking forward to this.

I was looking forward t the seafood buffet also, but I'm not letting it being gone ruin my cruise!!

Paul

Thanks so much for your posts - I'll be enthusiastically waiting for each new installment - I know you're elite - but I'm a princess newbie - so as much and as many details that you can provide will be so very much appreciated!

Sharon & Steve

I'll post another general update (or would it be an admiral update??) later if I can break free from relaxations grip...

Paul

On the 1/10 sailing when I asked about the free additional minutes for signing up the first day was told no free additional minutes if were were getting free minutes for Platinum. Never did get any additional minutes!

Donna

On the Sapphire in Sep, we each got the extra minutes free even though we had the Platinum credits. I now remember others saying that they did not on certain other ships. Oh, well. I'm not even going to look into it since I've got better things to do with my time and I don't even want to tussle with the internet manager if he/she is that much of a pain in the rear!

Paul

We are staying at the Renaissance also pre cruise. Did you call a cab or was it there? Thanks for your posting.

Bill

Sometimes they are waiting right there, othertimes not. When we left at 10:40am, they had to call one for us and it arrived in less than 5 minutes!

Paul

Enjoy and take care of the Ruby....we will be on in April.

Kathy

We'll try not to sink her so that others might also enjoy, but I can't guarantee that we won't drink every drop of alcohol on board...:rolleyes:

Oh wait, they reprovision everything in FLL so I guess you should be OK.

Paul

Can you let us know what is playing on MUTS now?!

Right this instant, “Bee Movie” is playing on MUTS. If you mean for the entire week, here’s the playbill through today:

Josh Groban in concert, Baby Mama, Tina Turner in concert, Christina Aguilera in concert, nitendo Wii at sea games, Indy Jones – Crystal Skull, Get Smart, Eagle Eye, Ratatouille, Maid of Honor, Grease, The Dark Night, 27 Dresses, Step Up 2, U2 in concert, Enchanted, and The Duchess

As for films in the Princess theater, they’ve showed Igor, Mama Mia, Eagle Eye, The Dark Night, and Hancock.

Some have been shown more than once and they’ll probably be more since we still have more tha 2 full days left.

Happy Sailings,

Paul

Hi,

Thanks for the live report.

We are sailing on the Ruby this Saturday. I was wondering are you doing the anytime dining? If yes, is one dining room better than the other? How about waiting to be seated? Or the time it takes from ordering until you recieve your meal?

Thanks! I'll be reading all week! Enjoy your cruise!

Tina:)

We're doing traditional late seating.

As for anytime, I can't imagine that one dining room is better than the others. The food all comes from the same menu and kitchen spaces so the only difference would be the servers and that's the luck of the draw I guess. If you find one you like, stick with them.

As for waiting times, I spoke with Antonio, the Head Waiter of one of the anytime rooms and he said it's usually only "busy" on the 1st and maybe 2nd nights because people are trying to all eat at the same time. As the cruise goes on, they tend to spread out and waits are seldom encountered. Manlio, the executive chef, and Generoso, the Maitre d', said that the anytime dining is actually easier on the kitchen since not all 1500 meals need to come out at the same time followed by 1500 more 2 hours later. The load is more distributed and things seem to flow better.

For traditional, the food comes quivckly after the order. The main entree is prepared as the ready-made appetizers, soups and salads are served.

Paul

Thanks for posting. We also leave Saturday & it makes it more exciting with someone posting live. I am disappointed to hear Captain Yeoman's is not there anymore. He was nicknamed Captain McCharming. Maybe the new Captain will also read these posts & try to be as Charming.

Never met Capt Yeomans, so I don't know what to compare to. We'll have a few opportunities to meet Capt Draper tomorrow, so we'll let you know how he presents himself. I did hear from a crewmember that he is more formal than Capt Yeomans...

Paul

Thanks for taking the time to do a "Live from." I believe others on previous Ruby sailings said the Internet manager was a pill and didn't provide the 30 extra minutes; hopefully, your experience will be better. And best of luck for getting to do the Chef's Table -- you should find it the absolute highlight of your trip. Meanwhile, we who are stuck on land are eagerly awaiting your next installment!

From what you and others have said, I'm not even going to ask about the extra minutes. I'M ON VACATION and don't want to deal with a downer...

Paul

Thanks for taking us along with you; I sure miss being on the Ruby it was a great trip. If you enjoy coffee make sure you see Carrie Ann in the international cafe on deck 5 - she makes the best! We loved to go down there about 10 pm and have hot chocolate each night; it was great fun.

I've only been to the IC once this AM to get a speciality coffee for my wife and lo' and behold, who do I see working there but our friend Stefano, the Sommelier from Vines! He makes a good coffee, but I like the wines he pours better!!!!:rolleyes:

Paul

Hi, Thanks for taking us along.

Is Godwin the dining room manager on this cruise?

We met him on the emerald

Thanks

Michael

I asked our waitress about this and she said they don't have a "dining room manager"...

Paul

They dropped the seafood buffet in January - It was the only good dinner they had in the Caribe Cafe the whole week we were on the Ruby in December. It's really too bad that Princess has lowered the food quality so much, especially on a new ship.

If you go the the Captain's Circle cocktail party, could you ask him if he'll be the captain on the TA in April or if Capt. Yeomans will be back?

Thanks.

A member of the senior staff said Capt Yeomans will be back onboard for the Apr TA.

Paul

Hi, Thanks for taking us along.

Is Godwin the dining room manager on this cruise?

We met him on the emerald

Thanks

Michael

There is no position of "dining room manager" for the Ruby's 3 main dining rooms. There is a position of that sorts for Sabatini's and the Crown Grill, but I don't know who holds those positions since we haven't been to those venues...

Paul

A member of the senior staff said Capt Yeomans will be back onboard for the Apr TA.

Paul

Hooray! We sailed with Capt. Yeomans on the Diamond to both Alaska and Hawaii last year. He's very personable, and we're very happy to be sailing with him again.

I've only been to the IC once this AM to get a speciality coffee for my wife and lo' and behold, who do I see working there but our friend Stefano, the Sommelier from Vines! He makes a good coffee, but I like the wines he pours better!!!!:rolleyes:

Paul

I adore Stefano and submitted a card for him in praise of his lovely happy nature and the standard of service he gives.

I was surprised this time that the cards aren't on display at the desk, I had to ask for them.

Anyone else wanting to 'officially' praise their favourite waiters etc should ask for cards at the passenger service desk, you fill them in and then post them in the first box to the right of the desk

Archived