Celebrity Ad - 2 Page Spread, Toronto

ABoatNerd

In Toronto yesterday, our National Post paper had a full 2 page Celebrity ad in full colour. It was advertising significant "deals"

This newspaper is a national business oriented paper across Canada. The people who read this paper tend to have a higher than average income and are focused on business and lifestyle.

The ad portrayed a well dressed 50+ couple on their balcony with the ocean in background. Classy.

The bottom left had various "deals" with $500 dollars of cabins etc. This ad was located in the "Books" section of the paper.

I take it that business is not good at Celebrity if they spent $ on a massive ad that this. I have read this paper for many years and have never seen an ad this this ever.

The same paper had an article that travel companies are targeting Canadians as travelers from the USA and Britain are scarce.

FYI

ABoatNerd

In Toronto yesterday, our National Post paper had a full 2 page Celebrity ad in full colour. It was advertising significant "deals"

This newspaper is a national business oriented paper across Canada. The people who read this paper tend to have a higher than average income and are focused on business and lifestyle.

The ad portrayed a well dressed 50+ couple on their balcony with the ocean in background. Classy.

The bottom left had various "deals" with $500 dollars of cabins etc. This ad was located in the "Books" section of the paper.

I take it that business is not good at Celebrity if they spent $ on a massive ad that this. I have read this paper for many years and have never seen an ad this this ever.

The same paper had an article that travel companies are targeting Canadians as travelers from the USA and Britain are scarce.

FYI

ABoatNerd

Hi fellow Canadian. My husband is working out at the clubhouse across the road, and you can bet I'll phone him and ask him to pick up a copy of the paper. We can't get delivery of anything but the TO Star on the weekend here in London, but they deliver the Post to the Golf Clubhouse. This is very interesting. I wondered why my ==X== TA is so darn helpful lately....looking forward to booking our next cruise!

Hi fellow Canadian. My husband is working out at the clubhouse across the road, and you can bet I'll phone him and ask him to pick up a copy of the paper. We can't get delivery of anything but the TO Star on the weekend here in London, but they deliver the Post to the Golf Clubhouse. This is very interesting. I wondered why my ==X== TA is so darn helpful lately....looking forward to booking our next cruise!

And as a fellow Londoner, I must say The Free Press is hardly worth reading anymore. :rolleyes:

And as a fellow Londoner, I must say The Free Press is hardly worth reading anymore. :rolleyes:

Well...hate to agree...but it's becoming that way. We moved from TO area 3 years ago to RiverBend (you probably know it) and like to read the local paper, but canceling Sunday paper isn't smart. Are you cruising soon?

Well...hate to agree...but it's becoming that way. We moved from TO area 3 years ago to RiverBend (you probably know it) and like to read the local paper, but canceling Sunday paper isn't smart. Are you cruising soon?

Everyone knows Riverbend - what a lovely place. We'll be driving past there this Friday for dinner at a friend's house in Kilworth (booming metropolis that Kilworth is. ) :p

Everyone knows Riverbend - what a lovely place. We'll be driving past there this Friday for dinner at a friend's house in Kilworth (booming metropolis that Kilworth is. ) :p

We have a lawyer friend in Kilworth...not such a bad little town but has some nice properties around it. We're on the Solstice 2/22...are you cruising soon?

I think the issue is that most of the "regional" papers are all owned by CanWest so you get their package of the news no matter what paper you read. It's all very discouraging.

You're right about that...my husband reads the Toronto Sun for their sports coverage and the London Free Press has the same articles, columns, sports pages (almost all). CanWest just emails their stories across the country. I'm thinking of cancelling, but if everyone did that there'd be no paper at all in London.

We have a lawyer friend in Kilworth...not such a bad little town but has some nice properties around it. We're on the Solstice 2/22...are you cruising soon?

How funny! You're getting off the Solstice the day we're getting on - we sail March 1. We can't wait! I can't believe how cold it's been. I certainly did not dress appropriately today for my walk from the parking lot to my office downtown. I just about froze to death. I'll have to check the temperature before I leave the house from now on. Of course, if I still subscribed to The Free Press, I would have known the temperature. :D

How funny! You're getting off the Solstice the day we're getting on - we sail March 1. We can't wait! I can't believe how cold it's been. I certainly did not dress appropriately today for my walk from the parking lot to my office downtown. I just about froze to death. I'll have to check the temperature before I leave the house from now on. Of course, if I still subscribed to The Free Press, I would have known the temperature. :D

I'm sure things will warm up soon....like around mid April, just in time for golfing season!

One thing I can say for the LFP....it's in my mailbox in the front of my home every morning before 6am!

We may pass each other in the cruiseline parking lot and I'll envy you just boarding. Have a great cruise!

Archived