Carnival Europe

tcocktail

Dream will be doing 3 Grand Med cruises starting Sept 21, 2009 (I'm booked on the 10/15 Grand Med). Then, she crosses the "pond".

Her sistership, the Carnival Magic is also being built with a delivery year of 2011, and I imagine they will run her on a few Med cruises before bringing her over to the States, as well.

Not sure about 2010, unless Carnival sends one back over to Europe from the States....

Most of the US based cruise lines that have a substantial presence in Europe draw a large percentage of their passengers from Europe. this means that perhaps half of each sailing were already in Europe and did not require airline arrangements. Carnival does not have a large following within Europe, necessitating the majority of passengers to fly to and from their cruise. When the price of fuel skyrocketed, and airlines started drastically cutting flights, Carnival found it too difficult to schedule all the flights necessary at reasonable cost. They just could not guarantee passengers would make their cruise. So they decided to bring the ships home. EM

We were booked on the Liberty before it got pulled.Living in England it makes it easier for us , for a change !!

We are now booked on the Dreams inaugrual on 21st September. I hope Carnival have a re think in 2010.

If they dont hopefully they will run the Magic like they are doing with the Dream and have her in the Med for a few cruises before taking her over to the caribbean.

We now looking for a cruise round our favourite caribbean in 2010 anyway

We were booked on the Liberty before it got pulled.Living in England it makes it easier for us , for a change !!

We are now booked on the Dreams inaugrual on 21st September. I hope Carnival have a re think in 2010.

If they dont hopefully they will run the Magic like they are doing with the Dream and have her in the Med for a few cruises before taking her over to the caribbean.

We now looking for a cruise round our favourite caribbean in 2010 anyway

Hey take care of the Dream for us cause I will be getting on after you!! Isnt it exciting to be the first on a brand new ship!!

Mel

We were on the Splendor's pre-innaugural sailing in 2007 (Genoa to Dover). Passengers were 80% American, 15% Canadian, 5% other. I kind of liked that b/c all the events and all the announcements were in English. I got the impression that Carnival sells primarily to North Americans. If I were to go back to Europe for a cruise (in a heartbeat), it would be my preference to take Carnival again, rather than one of the European brands (eg Costa), also owned by Carnival.

Oh, well, c'est la vie!

Hey take care of the Dream for us cause I will be getting on after you!! Isnt it exciting to be the first on a brand new ship!!

Mel

Mel - and you take care of the Dream for us, 'cause we're getting on after you :-)

Mel & Bluwes- What cabins have you booked?

Yes, this is really awesome and I can't wait for fall to roll around. I was on the Ecstasy's Inaugural West. Caribbean cruise from Miami in 1991. Awesome cruise; they had the best of the best crew onboard and the service was outstanding! I think this will also be true with the Dream, however, the "wow" factor on this brand new Dream class ought to be sky high!!

Mel - and you take care of the Dream for us, 'cause we're getting on after you :-)

Mel & Bluwes- What cabins have you booked?

Yes, this is really awesome and I can't wait for fall to roll around. I was on the Ecstasy's Inaugural West. Caribbean cruise from Miami in 1991. Awesome cruise; they had the best of the best crew onboard and the service was outstanding! I think this will also be true with the Dream, however, the "wow" factor on this brand new Dream class ought to be sky high!!

I will certainly take care and take tons of pics!! We have a 9a cabin, aft wrap around 8466.....how about you?

We were de-booked from the Liberty for July 2009.

Carnival didn't have the decency to let us know! Found out through Cruise Critic.:eek:

This is just a lie. I was booked on the liberty for June and they informed everyone that day. Whether you received that notification or it just went to junk is your fault not theirs.

This is just a lie. I was booked on the liberty for June and they informed everyone that day. Whether you received that notification or it just went to junk is your fault not theirs.

Well I was booked on the Liberty with 10 other friends and none of us were notified by Carnival. I read it on here and called my TA who knew nothing about it until she called Carnival. So be careful about who you call a liar as you don't have a clue about anyone elses circumstances. Just for curosity sake do you ever say anything nice or are you just nasty all the time?

Well I was booked on the Liberty with 10 other friends and none of us were notified by Carnival. I read it on here and called my TA who knew nothing about it until she called Carnival. So be careful about who you call a liar as you don't have a clue about anyone elses circumstances. Just for curosity sake do you ever say anything nice or are you just nasty all the time?

We also were not notified by carnival immediately either when they cancelled the Freedom sailing!! I too found out via CC. Luckily I immediately called and rebooked onto the Dream and found myself with some of the FRIENDLIEST people on CC!!!

Archived