Carnival Cruise Lines Rolls Out New On-Line Spa Pre-Purchase System

Flip2cruise

MIAMI (January 26, 2009) – Carnival Cruise Lines, the world’s largest cruise operator, has introduced a new on-line pre-purchase system for guests interested in booking spa treatments prior to their “Fun Ship” cruise.

With the advanced reservations system, available on all 22 “Fun Ships,” guests who have a fully deposited cruise can log onto Carnival’s web site (carnival.com) and designate a specific spa treatment and appointment time and submit payment information.

The site lists more than 30 different treatments which are available for purchase, everything from acupuncture services, soothing massages and Elemis advanced facials to invigorating detoxification wraps and slimming treatments, pricing and details of which can be viewed on the site. A full menu of nail, tooth whitening, and men’s services is also available for pre-purchase.

“Personal pampering in our luxurious spas are a highlight of the Carnival vacation experience and our new on-line spa reservations system provides our guests with an easy and convenient way to pre-purchase a variety of treatments which serve as the perfect complement to a ‘Fun Ship’ cruise,” said Bob Woodry, Carnival’s vice president of hotel commerce. “Since our spa appointments are known for filling up rather quickly on board, this on-line reservation system allows guests to secure their preferred spa treatment before their vacation begins,” he added.

To access the new on-line spa treatment pre-purchase system, guests must be registered on carnival.com and have a fully deposited cruise booking. After accessing their reservation through the “My Reservation” link, guests are prompted with the “Plan Activities” option and “Spa Appointments” link where they can search for spa services available on their particular voyage by treatment type, date, and preferred time.

To purchase a spa treatment, guests simply select the treatment of their choice and enter credit card payment information via a secure encrypted reservations portal. Guests are provided with a printable spa treatment order confirmation with details on the specific treatment and appointment time included.

On-line spa treatment reservations can be made prior to seven days before the cruise departure date. Guests are also welcome to visit the ships’ spa once on board to purchase spa treatments and obtain additional information.

Operated in conjunction with Steiner Transocean Limited, Carnival Cruise Lines offers some of the most elaborate spas at sea, ranging in size from 12,000 to 21,000 square feet. The new Carnival Dream, set to debut Sept. 21, 2009, will set a new standard for the line’s health and wellness centers, with a two-level 23,750-square-foot “Cloud 9 Spa” – the largest in the fleet.

In addition to a variety of treatments and salon services, Carnival’s fleetwide spa facilities offer expansive gymnasiums with sophisticated exercise equipment and aerobics rooms which serve as the venue for a host of organized exercise classes. Wellness counseling such as nutrition and fitness classes is also available.

If I go for a spa treatment, I pick a port day where I'm not going to get off the ship, especially since they will have specials on certain treatments. I like to book a treatment on the spur of the moment based on what's being offered.

I'd hate to book something online and then find out that particular treatment is on sale. There should be a guarantee that if you book in advance and the treatment is on sale that they'd credit you with the difference, but I doubt it.

I checked this out on the CCL website a few days ago, and was glad to see it available. . . but it didn't seem the best way for me to book, though. I tend to visit the spa on port days (and there is almost always a break in the pricing when doing so). If I book online for a port day, it appears I'm going to pay "rack rate". So I'll just wait until I'm onboard.

But I do agree it's a great think to have available online. Kudos to CCL for this start.

Is it not a copyright violation to just copy and paste things? I thought it was a requirement that you post the link, post a sort of "intro" paragraph stating what you're linking to, and why, and maybe quote only a small portion of whatever it is.

At least, that's how it is on other message boards. :confused:

Anyway, I've tried spa treatments a couple of times and found them to be inferior to what I can get pre-cruise at home while being more expensive. I can't find enough time on board to do what I want to do (even if that's just sitting and doing nothing). I certainly am not going to spend the time and money in the spa.

And I don't cruise to stay on the ship while in port. The whole point in going on a cruise is to visit the ports!

I'll just do my spa thing at home before I cruise, thanks.

But it's really swell that people can now pre-book.

When are they going to start allowing online saving of deck chairs? Now, that would be something useful that we would all appreciate. :D

And I don't cruise to stay on the ship while in port. The whole point in going on a cruise is to visit the ports!

And yet for others of us the ship is sometimes the primary cruise destination. I've taken more than one cruise when the first 'doink' of the S&S card was at embarkation, and the second was at debarkation. That can actually be true bliss. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived