Fee for Steak question

esbie11

Regarding the $14.95 charge for steak, is this referring to the Grilled Angus Top Sirloin steak that is on the menu every night? I looked over the menu for our cruise on Explorer and I don't see that a New York Strip Steak is even offered any of the nights, so where does this fee come in? And is this for the first steak, or only if you order more than one?

Regarding the $14.95 charge for steak, is this referring to the Grilled Angus Top Sirloin steak that is on the menu every night? I looked over the menu for our cruise on Explorer and I don't see that a New York Strip Steak is even offered any of the nights, so where does this fee come in? And is this for the first steak, or only if you order more than one?

We have never tried it but the menu says it a 'Chops' style steak. The The alternative steak should still be there.

The Angus steak is still FREE & listed under alternative dinner choices. I haven't been on Explorer, does it have the speciality restaurants? That could be why the $14.95 steak isn't on the dinner menu. I did take a picture of the menu 1st night, it show the "Chops NY Strip Steak" I just waited till the Feast of Nations dinner for the FREE NY Strip Steak! :D

The Angus steak is still FREE & listed under alternative dinner choices. I haven't been on Explorer, does it have the speciality restaurants? That could be why the $14.95 steak isn't on the dinner menu. I did take a picture of the menu 1st night, it show the "Chops NY Strip Steak" I just waited till the Feast of Nations dinner for the FREE NY Strip Steak! :D

Yes the Explorer does have specialty restaurants.

I believe that was only on a couple of ships, not all. Voyager last week showed either a NY strip or top sirloin(don't recall "angus" in description) on the regular DR menu almost every night. My son-in-law and husband thought they were quite good and cooked properly to order. Then there is the filet with peppercorn sauce on the first formal night. It is very good.

The $14.95 steak is on Freedom and Majesty only - no other ships.

Archived