Euro questions

Yes, in Europe they use the comma instead of the period when quoting in Euro's.

Not only that, but the price quoted, either online or at the merchant's location is the price that you pay. No "plus tax" stuff like we have here.

All of their taxes (vat) are included in the price that you see. I thought it was great!

I ordered tickets for a tour in Rome (the scavi tour) and they confirmed saying that it was 10,00. per person. I assumed that it was about the $13.00 US... but didn't want to pay until I was sure...it wasn't 13,000 US !

The scavi tour is excellent and probably the least expensive tour you will do on the whole cruise. :D Yes, it is only 10 Euros.

I can't speak ... yet.. for how excellent the scavi tour is.. but you are right about the cost... our tours are almost as much as our cruise !!! But then we are doing private tours as my BIL has a leg brace and we need to get up "close and personal" to the sites...otherwise I am sure on our own would be the option. Thanks for all the help.. now I know :)

Tory

Yes, in Europe they use the comma instead of the period when quoting in Euro's.
Not just when quoting in Euros. In most of Europe, the comma is used to denote the division between units and tenths of units, where Anglos would use a decimal point. Europeans also use a full stop to denote groups of thousands. Hence 1.000,30 = 1 thousand euros and 30 cents, as Daniela32 says.

Another good currency conversion site (probably the best): http://www.xe.com/pca/input.php

Yes, we use comma for the cents, but we also use period for Euros. In picture, it's like this:

10,30 is 10 euros 30 cents

1.000,30 1 thousand euros and 30 cents :)

Hey Daniela,

Just thought I would ask while you were available. How much does one usually give to a bellhop for carrying my bag upstairs in a hotel in Venice and Rome? How much tip for a taxi driver? How much tip for concierge service in a hotel? And, in the airport any taking my bag to the taxi stand?

I know sometimes I didn't give tips in places where they added them, but what about these services???

Thanks

bjrose;)

Archived