Buying cigarettes

aussie keith

ROFLMAO Keith!!!

My sister watches our dogs and house while we're gone, I always buy her a 5 pack (5 cartons) of Marlboros for her trouble, I can get them on the ship for about 80.00, cigs are about 45 a carton here so it's a great deal for us and she's tickled pink to do it, or maybe blue since she's a smoker!! Just kidding ;)

I know there are other brands, but not a big selection, Virgina slims come to mind and I just don't remember the rest, maybe I'll make a list when I'm on next month.

Happy cruising, Carole

From one of life's current "social lepers" - can you buy cigarettes on board or, at the ports of call? Is duty free available before boarding?
Cigarettes are available at the ship's duty free shop. You can also buy them at the ports of call. I know there was a duty free shop just before boarding in San Juan, not sure about other ports.

ROFLMAO Keith!!!

My sister watches our dogs and house while we're gone, I always buy her a 5 pack (5 cartons) of Marlboros for her trouble, I can get them on the ship for about 80.00, cigs are about 45 a carton here so it's a great deal for us and she's tickled pink to do it, or maybe blue since she's a smoker!! Just kidding ;)

I know there are other brands, but not a big selection, Virgina slims come to mind and I just don't remember the rest, maybe I'll make a list when I'm on next month.

Happy cruising, Carole

ROFLMAO? Thanks Carole. At $80 for 5 cartons I'll have to take an empty suitcase with me. We pay $70 for 1 carton (200).

Thes ones in St Martin tasted the same as any here according to my son<shrug> course if they all quit I'd save alot of money on gifts and could afford to spring for a cruise with them............. Oh wait, since Christmas is enough for months with my delightful family, oh I'll just buy the smokes :D I have two sisters and a mom and we all tend to want to be right :rolleyes: My husband would refuse to go:eek: , my dad would probably keep him company:D soooooooooooooooooooooooo smokes it is

Carole

From one of life's current "social lepers" - can you buy cigarettes on board or, at the ports of call? Is duty free available before boarding?

Before you go ashore, check the price and brands that the ship has. Ask the attendant if they will match the price on shore(most lines will). Bring back a flyer or picture of the shore price, and you can buy your smokes in the ship's store, without the hassle of lugging them around the port. Of course, the ship will not have all brands.............On our last cruise, on HAL, we priced the smokes on shore, took a picture, ($14 per carton) and the ship matched the on shore price. We even loaned the camera to a couple of others so they could save some $$$ too..............We did the same with liquor purchases.

ROFLMAO? Thanks Carole. At $80 for 5 cartons I'll have to take an empty suitcase with me. We pay $70 for 1 carton (200).

I would hate to pay that much ($70) for a carton of cigs.

In Sept. on Glory and two weeks ago on Inspiration I paid around $97.00 for the 5 carton package of Marlboro Lights.

One other tip...be careful not to get caught going over your limit on cigs. If they catch you they will take them away and you could get fined. I just hold my breath as I walk through customs hoping they do not pull me out to check my luggage. :D

I had to laugh at your comment about social leapers. That is what I say to people when the come out to smoke, "Welcome to the Leaper Colony"

LOL

I had to laugh at your comment about social leapers. That is what I say to people when the come out to smoke, "Welcome to the Leaper Colony"

LOL

Ain't that the truth. I know people that have more compassion for murderers than they do for smokers. *LOL*

LOL

Are you saying smokers are lemmings? With their tendency to leap off cliffs together and all. :)

If your stopping at St. Martin, take the shuttle boat, walk up the alley and you can get Marlboros for 5 ctn. for $50.
Yep...the last time I was in St. Maarten the price for a single carton of Kools was $9.50.......

If your really like to smoke. And I do, Look into some of the electronic cigs.

They have a small capsule with flavor, nicotine and battery. You inhale them in a vapor..which does look like smoke, feels like smoke. But there's no 'secondhand' smoke.

I won't post the links to the product...I think that might be against the rules here. But google up Njoy and Puresmoker and look on Youtube also.

I've used the puresmoker unit, in shopping malls and bars etc. Had a few looks, but once explained all was cool. Also, it's allowed me to cut down on smoking real cigs to just a few puffs on these a day.

I also got the Blue LED light and black body for ecig, so it doesn't really look like a cig for super anal people who faint at the hint of something that looks like a cig.

Archived