Transportation from Auckland Aipoirt to NZ Hilton

margord

What is the best way to get from the airport to the NZ Hilton hotel? I have a web site for Supper Shuttle. Looks like $37 for the 2 of us. They want me to pay ahead and there is no information on where to meet them. Maybe they give you that information after you pay?????

What about taxi's? Anyone know the rates?

Any other thoughts?

Marilee

I think a taxi might be around 70NZD. The super shuttle would be your best value rate for something to take you right there. There is an airport bus but it doesn't go right to the hotel, and the saving compared to the shuttle for 2 is negligible.

You don't have to pay in advance for the shuttle though; you can pay when you take it at the airport if you hop on (unless you're at some busy time that you'd like to pre-arrange, there are usually a few waiting right outside the terminal). Those 3 are really your only choices.

I've found this transfer on the web, cheaper option.

Transfer- Airbus transfers 15nz$ 40-45 mins http://www.2maxx.co.nz www.airbus.co.nz 0508 247 287, leaves from forecourt of arrivals area (to your left as you exit the terminal) departs every 20 mins from 6.20am & takes 1 hour

Regards

Paulineicon7.gif

I think a taxi might be around 70NZD. The super shuttle would be your best value rate for something to take you right there. There is an airport bus but it doesn't go right to the hotel, and the saving compared to the shuttle for 2 is negligible.

You don't have to pay in advance for the shuttle though; you can pay when you take it at the airport if you hop on (unless you're at some busy time that you'd like to pre-arrange, there are usually a few waiting right outside the terminal). Those 3 are really your only choices.

icon7.gif

If we take a taxi will we need local currency or will the driver take US Dollars? Is there an ATM in the airport?

If we take a taxi will we need local currency or will the driver take US Dollars? Is there an ATM in the airport?

You would be best advised to use NZ dollars. Yes, there is an ATM at the airport. There is also a currency exchange, where you can exchange cash - US dollars for NZ dollars.

While you may find that you can pay in US dollars, the exchange rate out on the street would not be in your favour. The taxi driver would probably expect dollar-for-dollar. Since the NZ dollar is currently worth only about 52 cents in US dollars, you would be paying almost double the necessary fare.

I've found this transfer on the web, cheaper option.

Transfer- Airbus transfers 15nz$ 40-45 mins www.2maxx.co.nz www.airbus.co.nz 0508 247 287, leaves from forecourt of arrivals area (to your left as you exit the terminal) departs every 20 mins from 6.20am & takes 1 hour

Regards

Paulineicon7.gif

Hi,

That was the airport bus I referred to. As you mention, it is slightly cheaper but it follows a set route and has a schedule instead of dropping off at the hotel. Given the difference is 7NZD for 2, which is $US4, I'd suggest the shuttle is worth it for the extra convenience (although the Hilton isn't too far from the bus route and it's level, going for a walk with luggage after a long flight isn't very appealing :)).

Regarding ATMs, Auckland is a relatively small airport and you're not likely to miss things once you come out - here is a map showing the layout. http://www.auckland-airport.co.nz/AirportInformation/Passenger-information/AirportMaps/International-Arrivals-Map.aspx There's an ATM right between when you leave the secured area and leave the exit of the terminal.

Hi,

That was the airport bus I referred to. As you mention, it is slightly cheaper but it follows a set route and has a schedule instead of dropping off at the hotel. Given the difference is 7NZD for 2, which is $US4, I'd suggest the shuttle is worth it for the extra convenience (although the Hilton isn't too far from the bus route and it's level, going for a walk with luggage after a long flight isn't very appealing :)).

Regarding ATMs, Auckland is a relatively small airport and you're not likely to miss things once you come out - here is a map showing the layout. http://www.auckland-airport.co.nz/AirportInformation/Passenger-information/AirportMaps/International-Arrivals-Map.aspx There's an ATM right between when you leave the secured area and leave the exit of the terminal.

Thank you so much especially for the map. Now what represents the ATM's? Is the the ones with $ on them or are they where you can convert money?

There is an obvious travelex money exchange as you are walking towards customs and immigration. From memory there is also a ATM close to this. There are also ATMs in the arrivals area once you are through imigration. I would get the shuttle, it will drop you at the hotel door. There is a bit of a walk to get to the main door of the Hilton from where the bus stop is.

Archived