midnight buffet

mag0737

I think I've read on one of these threads that RCL no longer does the midnight (chocolate) buffet. Just wondering if I've read this right? I'm not a huge sweets person, but I remember enjoying it on the Majesty a few years back.

I think I've read on one of these threads that RCL no longer does the midnight (chocolate) buffet. Just wondering if I've read this right? I'm not a huge sweet person, but I remember enjoying it on the Majesty a few years back.

My two last RCCL cruise no midnight buffet. They claim that it was a waste of food.

It's been a year since we've gone, but our last cruise on RCCL only had one late night buffet and it wasn't really that decorative, it had a couple of decent displays and a lot of Mexican food. I'm suprised, I think a lot of people saw the midnight buffet as one of the highlights of the cruise. This one had a huge line of people waiting to eat it, but again, the food was more tasty than decorative. I really enjoyed the chocolate buffet, but my DH and I didn't enjoy the food (pretty for pictures, not for eating). I can understand cutting costs, but it would be nice to still have one on the 7 day cruises. I don't think it's something they would come back with if they start getting bigger profits.

One of my complaints, only a few mind you, about our recent cruise (first on RCL) was the lack of food after dinner. Basically until 12 you had Johnny Rockets and then it was really only the finger sandwiches and Pizza at Promendae Cafe. Now I know food should not be an issue, and since we ate late seating it was not generally, but one night we ate early in windjammer with our 8yo daughter adn by 12 I was ready for something. Since I don't do carbs pastry and rolls was pretty useless. I don't need a big midnight buffet but a station at Jade would have been nice. May be some cheese and fruit or burgers??

One of my complaints, only a few mind you, about our recent cruise (first on RCL) was the lack of food after dinner. Basically until 12 you had Johnny Rockets and then it was really only the finger sandwiches and Pizza at Promendae Cafe. Now I know food should not be an issue, and since we ate late seating it was not generally, but one night we ate early in windjammer with our 8yo daughter adn by 12 I was ready for something. Since I don't do carbs pastry and rolls was pretty useless. I don't need a big midnight buffet but a station at Jade would have been nice. May be some cheese and fruit or burgers??

Have you not checked the room service menu? All the cheese and fruit and burgers you want delivered right to your cabin - free (except for a tip - and, I now understand, a $3.95 charge - total - between midnight and 5 a.m.).

Yeah I can see about them cutting it due to unwanted or needed costs, as well as the wasting of food (Not to mention the people touching it and not taking it to eat! Yuck!:confused:). But it was still a lot of fun:)

Spend the $3.95 and order everything on room service menu!

Seriously, they should have something other than Cafe Promenade pizza and cold sandwichs.

Where does the left over dining room food go (other than the next day in the buffet lines)? Would it hurt them to offer a limited grill menu? Long gone are the days when you could get a decent Rueben or Chicken Tikka sandwich after dancing the night away.

Archived