Dress Code in Specialty Restaurants?

rickdeni

No, but if I'm not mistaken the answer book covers the whole fleet and it makes it pretty clear that the dress code does not apply to the specialty dining rooms, but I have a hunch you already know that and just like to debate.;)

The last thing I want to do is start a debate - that can get one into trouble with the moderators. Read my post 94, then read the answer book. My point was - How can one say it is fleetwide if they have only experienced it on one or two of the fleet? I don't think that is cause for a debate. IMHO, I don't think anyone has the real answer, including Princess.

Ron

OK ok I give up...I tell you what..the next cruise you go on find out for yourself and report back..and I promise I won't say " I told you so"..

Then again, maybe I just won't be able to help myself:)

I will be on the Grand in a week - I will check out and take pix of the sign, if there is one. I will also ask the Maitre De and have him sign a notarized letter then report back. However, whatever the standard is on the Grand may not be the standard on the other 16 or 17 ships - so - even if I am wrong you may not be right!

Ron

Thanks for all your answers. I am going to forget the suit and just pack smart casual clothes for my husband.

I'll bet you are sorry you started this thread - dress threads are BAAAAAD things to start.

Ron

The last thing I want to do is start a debate - that can get one into trouble with the moderators. Read my post 94, then read the answer book. My point was - How can one say it is fleetwide if they have only experienced it on one or two of the fleet? I don't think that is cause for a debate. IMHO, I don't think anyone has the real answer, including Princess.

Ron

Well, I read your post and didn't want to argue the point. Not sure what answer book you are reading but the one I have here and also the one online both say the same thing. "ATTIRE FOR MAIN DINING ROOM" and then refers you to the dress code page.

Well, I read your post and didn't want to argue the point. Not sure what answer book you are reading but the one I have here and also the one online both say the same thing. "ATTIRE FOR MAIN DINING ROOM" and then refers you to the dress code page.

What edition and what page - the current one is on line at Princess if you can access a pdf file.

Ron

Well, Rollexx, I have the 2008 and the 2009 and the Princess website in front of me, yes I am probably older than you, but can still read - PLEASE give me the edition and the page you are reading this? I just want to put it to bed.

Ron

What edition and what page - the current one is on line at Princess if you can access a pdf file.

Ron

Page 24 of the 2008 book.. downloaded from Princess site. Check it out.

Now you're right, they don't say anything about the dress code for the specialty restaurants but then again, they don't have to. Its clear the dress code is for the main dining room only.

Page 24 of the 2008 book.. downloaded from Princess site. Check it out.

Now you're right, they don't say anything about the dress code for the specialty restaurants but then again, they don't have to. Its clear the dress code is for the main dining room only.

It's the 2009 book not the 2008, I have a hard copy, and you are correct it refers to attire for the MDR and do not qualify specialty restaurants. As I mentioned before we don't use the specialty restaurants so could care less if they are wearing bib overalls and baseball caps.

However, in about two weeks I will report to you what the Maitre De has to say on the Grand - mind you - this may not apply to the other ships in the fleet. OK - I am going to bed now because I am old and probably getting senile!!:)

Have a nice evening

BTW - do you really have a Rollexx - and if you do - why? My $5 Kmart gives me the same time as a rollexx.

Ron

No, but if I'm not mistaken the answer book covers the whole fleet and it makes it pretty clear that the dress code does not apply to the specialty dining rooms, but I have a hunch you already know that and just like to debate.;)

Just returned from 14 nights on Coral and the dining room attire for the evening was suggested for all dining areas except the Horizon Court.I wore a tux to Sabatini's and everyone else was dressed formally!

It's the 2009 book not the 2008, I have a hard copy, and you are correct it refers to attire for the MDR and do not qualify specialty restaurants. As I mentioned before we don't use the specialty restaurants so could care less if they are wearing bib overalls and baseball caps.

However, in about two weeks I will report to you what the Maitre De has to say on the Grand - mind you - this may not apply to the other ships in the fleet. OK - I am going to bed now because I am old and probably getting senile!!:)

Have a nice evening

BTW - do you really have a Rollexx - and if you do - why? My $5 Kmart gives me the same time as a rollexx.

Ron

Will look forward to your report.:D And as a mater of fact I do have a Rolex.And why spend that much on a watch? Good question:)..I guess I could ask why someone spends thousands on a real diamond when a cubic looks the same...but really,,I always thought they looked nice and got lucky in Vegas years ago and the cash was burning a hole in my pocket.

Just returned from 14 nights on Coral and the dining room attire for the evening was suggested for all dining areas except the Horizon Court.I wore a tux to Sabatini's and everyone else was dressed formally!

REALLY - Did Rollexx read this post?

Ron

Oh JUST when we thought it was safe to go back in the water...;)

Will look forward to your report.:D And as a mater of fact I do have a Rolex.And why spend that much on a watch? Good question:)..I guess I could ask why someone spends thousands on a real diamond when a cubic looks the same...but really,,I always thought they looked nice and got lucky in Vegas years ago and the cash was burning a hole in my pocket.

While you have the answer book open flick to page 25 and give me your interpretation.

BTW - Material things are not important to me - other than my Vette, Cadillac and other in my collection - I also have a 2K CZ which looks exactly like a 2K diamond at less cost.

Anyway - I am just looking for a real answer, and as you can seee, Johnmik just posted in opposition of your allegedly correct answer.

Do we have a case of parrallel worlds going on here?

Now, I am going to bed. See you in the morning.

Ron

Just a "troublemaker" stirring the pot *W*

I think not - johnmik has been very informative and accurate in his posts - I don't know him/her but admire their posts - he/she has given much good information. He/she has been around much longer than yourself and has always posted good information.

Again - Goodnight!

Ron

24 cruises on Princess in 8 years and have never heard or seen the specialty restaurants be anything but the attire of the day!

Hey, you have me beat by one cruise - we have 23 in 12 years but are trying to make that up. Our 31 day last fall probably caught up to you in days - I think we have 245 or something close to that.

Ron

Okay, we're discussing dress codes and somehow watches, cars and fake diamonds come into play?

Why oh why does every question about dress code turn into some kind of silly argument? Of course it can be said that I'm silly for wasting my time reading these threads since it is always the same repetitive BS about interpretations of Princess' suggested dress codes.

If it was that important to Princess then I just don't understand why for once and for all they can't put the exact answer on their website and in their cruise answer book.

I may not have cruised 24 times on Princess but on all 6 of my Princess cruises I've seen very casual dress, shorts, and jeans in the alternative dining rooms and in the main dining rooms even on formal nights. I've seen people in pants very similar to sweat pants and a tee shirt, an outfit that I wouldn't even wear outside to get the mail in Sabatinis on formal night and somehow it doesn't seem to bother the employees or most of the people in the dining room. I don't know, it sure as heck didn't ruin my night or make my food taste any differently.

24 cruises on Princess in 8 years and have never heard or seen the specialty restaurants be anything but the attire of the day!

22 for us, and if this has changed, I know it has been only in the last year or so. Up until then, I totally agree, it was always the attire of the day for all restaurants except the buffet. But, I am going to guess this is brand new in the last year to adhere to passenger comments/demands.

Guess we will have to wait to find out for sure. My guess, it has changed recently. ;)

22 for us, and if this has changed, I know it has been only in the last year or so. Up until then, I totally agree, it was always the attire of the day for all restaurants except the buffet. But, I am going to guess this is brand new in the last year to adhere to passenger comments/demands.

Guess we will have to wait to find out for sure. My guess, it has changed recently. ;)

We were told in February 2008 onboard The Grand Princess. And the person telling everyone in Sabatini's on embarkation day said it was a new Princess policy that all alternative restaurants were now "smart casual" at all times.

Next time I will ask for a signature of the captain on a current patter, notarized by the purser's desk.:rolleyes:

Toto you know that will be my first order of business after boarding The Island Princess next week:D

Mike:)

We were told in February 2008 onboard The Grand Princess. And the person telling everyone in Sabatini's on embarkation day said it was a new Princess policy that all alternative restaurants were now "smart casual" at all times.

Next time I will ask for a signature of the captain on a current patter, notarized by the purser's desk.:rolleyes:

Toto you know that will be my first order of business after boarding The Island Princess next week:D

Mike:)

Mike, I almost spit out my water on the captain signing your current patter!

Archived