Tiami Catamaran tour

Mtazz

Has anyone ever been on the Tiami Catamaran tour that swims with the turtles? I do not exactly like snorkeling but my girlfriend loves to snorkel so I wanted to take her on something like this. I saw it got good reviews on another site. My question is are the waters really hard to swim in? Thank you to anyone who can provide any information.

Mike

We took this two years ago. It was very interesting. They give you a vest so you can really just float if you want. My wife decided not to go in the water that day and she easily saw the turtles from the boat. We have taken Tiami many times over the years and they have always been great.

We took this two years ago. It was very interesting. They give you a vest so you can really just float if you want. My wife decided not to go in the water that day and she easily saw the turtles from the boat. We have taken Tiami many times over the years and they have always been great.

Thank you very much for that info. It sounds like a great time I think my girlfriend will love snorkeling with the turtles.

Mike

I saw more
here than I have seen in 50 dives in the Caribbean. The Tiami crew is awesome and the food and drink onboard is great. Below are some of the photos I took there.

Thanks for the pictures. It looks amazing. I cant wait to do that excursion now.

Mike

Thanks for the pictures. It looks amazing.

I can't wait to do that excursion now.

It's a nice way to spend the day.

You start it like this..

Tiami-623.jpg

You end up somewhere like here..

Catamaran_coastal_cruises.jpg

-on a beach like this..

Clarity.jpg

do a little jetskiing or maybe some snorkelling...

Snorkellers-1291.jpg

or maybe just hang out on the cat a bit...

Cat279.jpg

-and have lunch and rum punch..

or maybe you could stay on the ship and cry?

because you missed out on this stuff..? :(

We will be doing this excursion in March for the 4th year in a row. Always see turtles. We don't go just to see the turtles so much anymore. Its the beautiful beaches you visit and the outstanding staff. We are taking our handicaped brother this year.

Just got back from the Grand Princess 14 day sailing.... by far this was our best excursion and I would do it again. (I'm 29 and my wife is 25 and we both had a blast) ... here are some pictures I was able to capture.

The crew was awesome, the food they served was very tasty -- but the crew was A++++++ they surely took care of all the passengers.

p611177269-2.jpg

p552365536-2.jpg

p783019789-2.jpg

p1001445633-2.jpg

We went with Tiami in December for the second time. Really a wonderful time. My favorite day of the cruise, once again.

The crew is friendly, the food very tasty and the snorkeling/swimming just a blast. Our tour lasted a full 5.5 hours...your money's worth.

A little triva as told to me by one of the crew members, "Tiami" stands for:

This

Is

A

Moving

Investment

Can't wait to send the day with them again.

Just got back from this tour. We did the shorter version of the tour..3.5 hrs...so our tour wasn't like the pics posted above. We didn't get out onto the beach..the cat stopped out in the open water (nowhere near the beach) and we all got out there. We got to see a few turtles which was amazing. The down side to our tour (which I imagine varies from tour to tour but this was my experience) is that you get off in the water and you have a very small area to navigate since they want you to stay close to the boat (understandably) so whenever a turtle comes by everyone is pushing and making their way to see the turtle. Since we only had a few turtles that day everyone was jammed in one spot and I got kicked quite a few times. My experience was that it was just WAY too crowded. The spot where we stopped was where many of the other tours stopped as well (silver moon, etc.) so the turtles that did swim by us were lured over to the other boats when they got there. Again seeing the turtles was amazing but since there were so few when they left there wasn't anything else to see...we didn't see any other fish or anything. I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't do it again. It's obviously not Tiami's fault..they can't control the turtles or what people do in the water. Other than that the captain and the worker's were great and the ride was fun.

Just how much do these Tiami tours run??

Is there anywhere on the Island that we can take a taxi to and swim off the beach and possibly see turtles??

Just want to relax on Barbados. The Victory has 6 islands in 6 days so we need some down time. Thanks

Is there anywhere on the Island that we can take a taxi to and swim off the beach and possibly see turtles??

Just want to relax on Barbados. The Victory has 6 islands in 6 days so we need some down time. Thanks

It was a ship excursion. On RCCL it was $69 for the 3.5 hr and $100 for the 5 hr.

APLMAC, What beach are those pictures from. It looks GREAT. Can we cab ride there from the pier? If so about how much would it cost? Are there any turtles in that area to swim with. Give me some more info """PLEASE""" on that beautiful beach. Thank YOU!!!!!!

$85 if you book through Tiami, $99 through the Victory.

You can take a cab to Payne's Bay/Beach.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from our cruise last week. We did the 1/2 day Tiami excursion which we booked through Carnival. It was the most enjoyable excursion of the week. Only saw two turtles (or maybe one twice :) ) but it didn't matter. We had a blast.

Just back from our cruise last week.

We did the 1/2 day Tiami excursion which we booked through Carnival. ===> I luv 1/2day tours!

It was the most enjoyable excursion of the week.

Only saw two turtles (or maybe one twice) but it didn't matter.

We had a blast.

OMG! This may have been you, then?? ;)

Tiami-275.JPG

Earlier someone asked about the beach?

It's Reid's Bay, sometimes called St.Albans Bay.

Nice beach for Tiami and other coastal cruisers

but zero amenities if you go it alone, via land transport.

Best to do it via the coastal cruisers.

Even if they don't stop at this particular beach

they'll use some other equally-gorgeous West Coast beach

- they all look like this...

I was on the El Tigre Catamaran in Feb 2009 and loved it (food, service, catamaran, attractions). We did see the Tiami Catamaran along the way as they offer the same excursion. I did notice that the Tiami look very crowded! El Tigre also offers $10 off for cruise passengers and it wasn't as packed to the brim.

OMG! This may have been you, then?? ;)

Earlier someone asked about the beach?

It's Reid's Bay, sometimes called St.Albans Bay.

Nice beach for Tiami and other coastal cruisers

but zero amenities if you go it alone, via land transport.

Best to do it via the coastal cruisers.

Even if they don't stop at this particular beach

they'll use some other equally-gorgeous West Coast beach

- they all look like this...

Our catamaran stopped at Payne's Bay.

I was on the El Tigre Catamaran in Feb 2009 and loved it (food, service, catamaran, attractions). We did see the Tiami Catamaran along the way as they offer the same excursion. I did notice that the Tiami look very crowded! El Tigre also offers $10 off for cruise passengers and it wasn't as packed to the brim.

I had read on another board that lunch was not included on the catamaran/turtles excursion? Do you get lunch?

Joyce

It was a ship excursion. On RCCL it was $69 for the 3.5 hr and $100 for the 5 hr.

Based on the price above and looking at the pictures of how many people are on this excursion, take a look at Silvermoon. 12 people max on a catamaran about the same size. Cost is $110 for 5 1/2 hours. Well worth it.

GREAT pictures Aplmac - thanks!

How did you like sailing on Ocean Village?

Ocean Village Two is okay. Not a grand ship, but okay.

Great food! :)

Wife likes mixing with the English ppl on board, as do I

(when I can understand what they're saying):D

OV2-175.jpg

DH and I were on a Tiami tour thru Princess a few weeks ago, it was about 5 hrs with lunch. We LOVED it....it wasn't all that crowded, we stopped to snorkel first, or go to the beach..and then went back to where the turtles were. Saw several......lunch was really really good, and they even served it on regular plates with regular silverware......not plastic! The crew was outstanding....

Am booked on a NCL cruise for next year and have looked at the pricing for this same tour...it's less on NCL than it was on Princess. Very well may do it again!

Beth

Our family did the Tiami tour on March 19. We had a wonderful day, as close to perfect as it could be. It was wonderful sailing along the coast of Barbados. The weather was great, the water clear and blue.

The crew was outstanding, they went out of their way to make sure everyone had an enjoyable day. The cat was full but never seemed crowded. Lunch was delicious. 
Turtles were our first stop, the water was deep but there were life vests for everyone. Our 8 year old managed fine in the water. I chose to stay onboard during the sea turtle swim but I was able to see a few turtles come up to the surface near the cat. The rest of the family had a blast snorkeling.

Our next stop was a small beach, not sure of the name and it was great. A place to snorkel or lay in the sand.

This was probably definitely one of our favourite excursions. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this tour.

Archived