Fuel credit

MaryAnn261

We are sailing Sunday on the Freedom. Travelling w/ a group of people. Everyone else in our group has already received a credit back to their credit card for the fuel surcharge. We haven't.

I called my TA and was told that Carnival issued it to my credit card company on 1/15/09 and it could take 4-6 weeks. Everyone else in our group it has already shown up on their credit card. Anyone else had the same issue?

Maybe, ask your TA to get Carnival to verify your CC number:confused: Call your CC and ask them if it is "pending". I hate when things like this happen. I hope you get it resolved soon!

My MIL uses Discover like me.... hers hit on 1/18/09.... mine not yet. Discover tells me that can't verify anything that is pending. I just have to wait.

I am getting the run around as well and I booked directly with Carnival. I have been told everything of why mine has not hit. I talked to a supervisor on Monday who guaranteed that I would see on Tuesday and Wednesday. Guess what nothing happened, what a surprise.

An angry ktpc2005 will be calling again today ready to raise hell.:mad:

I finally got the best agent I have talked to in this ordeal. She thoroughly researched my reservation and found that my reservation was never coded for a refund :eek:. She said that if I had not looked into it, I would have not got a refund or OBC :eek:. She was able to have the proper department recode my reservation and then had accounting push through the refund right that moment. Good job from Carnival, as long as I get my refund.:cool:

The bad part of the experience is that it took six phone call to find this out :(

If you should of received your credit by now and have not call CCL and see why. You may have ended up like my reservation.....

I called my travel agent. She told me Carival was issuing a credit to my credit card. That was a month ago. Still haven't received anything. She told me I had to wait til I took my cruise. I don't know what to believe.

I called my travel agent. She told me Carival was issuing a credit to my credit card. That was a month ago. Still haven't received anything. She told me I had to wait til I took my cruise. I don't know what to believe.

That was the same thing I was told by Carnival. I became suspicious when I started asking around my roll call and they all got their credit back in Juanuary.

Talked to my TA again today. They assured me that it would be issued. Some glitch and Carnival will now take care of it. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Since we leave tomorrow for our trip... I probably won't find out til we get back.

My PVP told me all along that mine would show as an OBC because my cruise was already paid for.....well guess what?? Mine was showing as a credit to my Discover card this morning. Either way it works for me, I am happy to have it back! :)

That's exactly what happened with mine as well. Also, I noticed when I went into my on-line docs that they had adjusted the price to reflect the fuel reimbursement.

We are sailing Sunday on the Freedom. Travelling w/ a group of people. Everyone else in our group has already received a credit back to their credit card for the fuel surcharge. We haven't.

I called my TA and was told that Carnival issued it to my credit card company on 1/15/09 and it could take 4-6 weeks. Everyone else in our group it has already shown up on their credit card. Anyone else had the same issue?

It may be that your CC cycle is much different than the other people in your group. Call the CC company and see if a credit was issued. It took a long time to get ours....

If you are using edocs, then it should be on page 6 of the edocs.

Last Dec, my TA said to give Carnival 4 weeks, its now been 8 weeks. Im getting no where thru this TA and cant call Carnival.

If OP is part of a group like DW and I page 6 of the e-docs only shows all items " AS AGREED" not itemized.

i called jan 20, was told all cruisings after feb 4 would be credited back to the cc. On that day i was told on 1/15 that my fuel surcharge was issued to the last credit card i used to pay off my cruise ( my bf and i split the cost so we used 2 credit cards)...the woman on the phone and put me on hold to verify this....flash forward to today, still nothing showing on my bf cc so i call carnival again. got an awesome guy on the phone..he tells me no, carnival still has the $126 in fuel surcharges waiting to be released...the reason? because we used multiple credit cards they didnt know where to send the refund to. This guy was great, asked if i wanted carnival to seperate the funds...i just wanted the money ha so i had it refunded to one card and ill dole out the money later..but just a thought if you used more than one card call and make sure they definately refunded it

Archived