Nassau - Mopeds?

Capt's SweeTart

Does anyone know or have done it? Rent Mopeds on Nassau? I was thinking about doing something like this to do some touring around the Island. I was told I also needed to see Paradise Island.

I guess I really don't want to be committed to one of the scheduled normal attractions. When we did the scheduled attractions (paid in advance through Carnival) in Cozumel and Progresso, we didn't have time to do anything else.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

-Bonnie

Does anyone know or have done it? Rent Mopeds on Nassau? I was thinking about doing something like this to do some touring around the Island. I was told I also needed to see Paradise Island.

I guess I really don't want to be committed to one of the scheduled normal attractions. When we did the scheduled attractions (paid in advance through Carnival) in Cozumel and Progresso' date=' we didn't have time to do anything else.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

-Bonnie[/quote']

You're risking your life when you ride a moped (scooter) in and around Nassau. Driving is on the left, Nassau drivers are crazy and alot of them are drunk or otherwise under the influence, jitney drives will drive on the side walk to get a fare, and roadways are unmarked and in disrepair.

Every week we have tourist end up in the hospital from these accidents.

There's a #10 jitney that goes from downtown to Cable Beach every few minutes. It costs $1.25. Get on and off when you see something of interest. ($1.25 each time you get on, of course).

I would not rent a moped in Nassau. There is traffic and they drive crazy. There has got to be a better way to see the area at your own speed than on a moped. I just don't know because we did an excursion. Some people at our table did the scooter and they said it was so stressful after only ten minutes they went back and returned it.

Archived