Europe - Solstice Port or Starboard?

cruizinpooh

Hi...

I know this has been discussed here quite often and it's a crap shoot since there is no guarantee which side the Ship will dock. However, I figured I'd ask.

The ports are Messina (Sicily), Athens, Kusadasi (Ephesus), Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos & Naples.

Which side would you choose? Port or Starboard?

Your suggestion/recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Hi...

I know this has been discussed here quite often and it's a crap shoot since there is no guarantee which side the Ship will dock. However, I figured I'd ask.

The ports are Messina (Sicily), Athens, Kusadasi (Ephesus), Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos & Naples.

Hey! You go the sailing before us:) I have done this similar itinerary before and we have always sailed port side. I have no idea if this is really better or not, but we, for some reason, always pick the port side. I don't know if we could find our cabin if we switched now:D But, on that note, since the Solstice hasn't sailed this before, I don't know that anyone can really say?? I have not been to Rhodes or Kusadasi, but the others were wonderful from our port side balcony.

Good luck! Pick the best cabin and I think you will be fine no matter what side of the ship you are on for this cruise.

I don't think it really matters with those ports, Santorini no idea which way you'll be facing. Rhodes, the way we were pulled in, the old town was on the right had side of the ship, starboard. If you're cruising through the straights of Messina in daylight you might get a good view on the port side, really a coin flip on this one. If you were going to Venice, thats when it really counts to be on the right (vs. wrong not left:) ) side of the ship.

Thank you all.

I'll stick with my Starboard Hump balcony. We'll be just fine. After all, we're on vacation... :D We're actually spending a few days pre-cruise in Venice by land and then flying to Rome to board the Ship.

I was just curious as to what others preferred.

Thank you all.

I'll stick with my Starboard Hump balcony. We'll be just fine. After all, we're on vacation... :D We're actually spending a few days pre-cruise in Venice by land and then flying to Rome to board the Ship.

I was just curious as to what others preferred.

Have a blast!!! We are flying into Venice also... but then we are taking the train to Florence for a few days, and then onto Rome for 4 days... I am ready!!! 99 days for me.

You will be fine on starboard. It's all gorgeous!!!

Hi...

Are you traveling prior to June 5,2009? If yes pls post howthe ship docks. We are doing this cruise in June.

Thanks

Carole

Archived