Family Ocean View w/ Veranda on Solstice?

OneNewTexan

A member of our party stayed in this room during our recent trip on the Solstice. It was a couple, a single and two children. It has a master bedroom, smaller bedroom and livingroom. The balcony was a bit small. If you are traveling with kids this room is IDEAL! very spacious.

And the Master bedroom has a window overlooking the heli-pad.

• 4 months later...

I've booked 7108 for next year on the Equinox. I'd be interested to see feedback on these rooms as I have two children in powered wheelchairs - it would be good to know how easy people feel it would be to navigate these rooms.

The floorplans indicate veranda sizes of 53-105 sq.ft. I suspect that 7107 and 7108 have different veranda sizes to 8107 and 8108. I'd like to know which deck has the bigger verandas.

I'll take some pictures on my cruise and get them to you when I get back. I'm in room fv 8107. If you have any questions, ask away. I'm leaving next Wednesday.

Kfed-- We will be in 8108 on Jan. 2010. Take some good pictures of your FV and some of mine if possible.

I had 7107 and was told that it has a small veranda, I would like to know if the verandas on deck 8 are really larger than deck 7 FV's.

If you want to stay in touch my e mail is pibob at cox dot net (all put together). What is your e mail?

Have a wonderful cruise since your leaving tomorrow on the 15th. Wish we could go on that one too.

It is a very nice room. The balcony is MUCH smaller on the 7th deck... almost twice as big on the 8th deck. The sleeping arrangements may be a bit of a problem because what is listed on the website is wrong. There are bunk beds in the small room, one can be folded up (somewhat) into the wall. The living area is just a sofa bed. It is not a trundle... so, it is rock hard. The master bedroom is huge.

Have fun! It's a great ship!

It is a very nice room. The balcony is MUCH smaller on the 7th deck... almost twice as big on the 8th deck. The sleeping arrangements may be a bit of a problem because what is listed on the website is wrong. There are bunk beds in the small room, one can be folded up (somewhat) into the wall. The living area is just a sofa bed. It is not a trundle... so, it is rock hard. The master bedroom is huge.

Have fun! It's a great ship!

Thanks for the info about FV on deck 8. I am glad to hear I made the right choice moving from 7107. I am not worried about the second bedroom we will use that only for storage.

Hi, We are booked into 7108 for Eastern Med, 18th Sept, with our two children, so I can let you know how it is upon our return!! Although balcony may be smaller than 8th deck cabins, I still feel very priviliged that we will enjoy so much cabin space to live in and seperate bedroom for the boys, the total square footage is equal to only the Royal Suite!!! For same price as standard deluxe cabin - we were very very lucky!!! looking forward to our cruise. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I have a link here which has loads of pictures of equinox, if you click on the 'Accommodation - Balcony' link there is lots of pictures of room 8108 - which is the room you are interested in.

here are the pictures http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=109

Also i will be in room 7108 on the 18th of august, so i will bring back some pictures for that room aswell.

adam

We are in 8107 on 18th August. Having looked at the photos I feel a bit disappointed. The lounge looks so empty - there's nothing in there! Where is the dining table shown on the design image? Do you think it would be possible to use the balcony table, or get another table brought in? Do ships carry spare furniture?!! It will be great to have the space but is not much use if there is nothing to sit on.

We are in 8107 on 18th August. Having looked at the photos I feel a bit disappointed. The lounge looks so empty - there's nothing in there! Where is the dining table shown on the design image? Do you think it would be possible to use the balcony table, or get another table brought in? Do ships carry spare furniture?!! It will be great to have the space but is not much use if there is nothing to sit on.

There also is no view when you are sitting in the living room. That is really wierd the way it in configured.

at least you get the bigger balcony :)

i was also dissapointed at seeing that there was no table and chairs, as the room seems so empty.

That is true. :) To be honest for what we paid I am not complaining. It just seems so odd to have all that space with nothing in it. I saw photos of Solstice that were the same, and hoped that with Equinox they would have learnt by what I assumed was a mistake, but apparently not. We were looking forward to the table - I feel a visit to guest relations coming on!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just sailed on the Solstice in room 8108. There is a small dining table and two chairs near the window. Another two chairs are also available in the room if you want to seat four at the table. There is also a round table on the balcony. The space is fantastic. :)

I have just sailed on the Solstice in room 8108. There is a small dining table and two chairs near the window. Another two chairs are also available in the room if you want to seat four at the table. There is also a round table on the balcony. The space is fantastic. :)

Thanks for the info, we will be sailing in 8108. I have been told that there is going to the exact same furnitue in EQ as in SL. I like the extra room so you are not bumping into things. :cool:

It is nice to hear from a positve person, so many complainers on these boards.

• 1 year later...

Archived